Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye makeup brush recommendation

• 05-08-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    As the title suggests, I'm looking for a recommendation for eye brushes, but specifically a good tapered blending brush thats preferably vegan/cruelty free. I'm a huge fan of ecotools but havent bought their eye brushes cos they're quite big really and I have little enough space to work with. How do real techniques fair as regards size? The blending brush in sigma bunny full set would be ideal but I can't afford the full set right now. Any help welcome :) thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I've used both Bobbi Brown eye shadow brushes and Hairspray and found Hairspray to be on a level with Bobbi Brown for quality and at half the price. I'm quite fussy about brushes for the eyes as the area is so delicate and I know cheaper ones can drag and scratch the skin, but I would have no probs recommending these. About the animal cruelty, sorry I honestly couldn't say. They are natural hairs, so that might be an issue for you ?. Anyway, hope I was of some help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have the Sigma bunny kit which is amazing, there's also a travel size version that's cheaper and Cloud 10 have a lot of their synthetic brushes that you can buy individually! Cloud10 also do Real Techniques as well

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'd also recommend Blank Canvas Cosmetics. They're an Irish company and you can buy the brushes individually. I think they're comparable with (if not better than) Sigma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

I love Real Techniques brushes. One of my favourite crease brushes is the Urban Decay one. It's made from synthetic fibres and is 100% cruelty free. It's €20.50

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DaenyB

As far as I know eyeslipsface.co.uk- do a range of brushes that are cruelty free etc.
    I got a few blusher and powder brushes from their a site a couple of years ago and they are amazing. They were under a tenner if I remember correctly and are a hundred times better than any mac or benefit brushes I had, no hardness no hairs falling out etc, one of my best ever makeup buys I think!

Actually just checked the site their cruelty free 'bamboo' range are the ones i was thinking of and are under the 'minerals' menu, hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks a mill for all the replies! I have some Internet research to do now :)

Advertisement