Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldies setting up Covers band - need Singer/Bass/keys

Options
  • 05-08-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    There may be loads of competition out there etc etc, but we just want to get out there and play rock, from 60's up to present day, loud and hard preferably. We're a guitarist and drummer, we need people (guys/gals any age) to complete the band.

Dublin based and early 40's, but dying to get going, we've worked up a bit of a set - Lizzy/Undertones/Killers etc, but things only really take off when you have the people. So please PM me if interested. If you can sing and play something else, that's even better.

We don't care about the age btw, just as long as you don't care about our age!!!! Look forward to hearing from like minded musicians.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

Hi there where are you based I am in Cabra age 43 play guitar and sing would you be interested in me trying out I am a bit tied for time with other commitments but am free Tuesday's or Thursday's
    Thanks ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WickerMan1973

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 les paul 1967

howya lads
    wexford oldie here with guitar and interested maybe in getting involved send us a message and we can chat
    what part dublin are ye from

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cossagepie

Another guitarist here. I'd be interested if you get something going.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lennon3

Hi lads I'm 35 yr old female singer based in Kildare with over 13 yrs experience singing with bands don't know if I replied to this ad before Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

And I'm an ancient bass player based in Kildare but work in Dublin...

Bumping this, we're still looking for people, in particular looking for a singer, if you play guitar also that's great. We don't have a full set nailed down yet, but w're working on it, and once we have the right people on board we can go for it. This is for enjoyment and making a few bob, we do this in an organised and dedicated way, but we're not PRIMA DONNAs and we're not going to change the world. In other words this is not our first job.

So all you singers that thought you missed your chance to have a good jam and make some good music.. here's that chance!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

So did you get sorted with bass & keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lennon3

I don't play guitar but I havd 13 yrs experience singing with bands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Gaspode wrote: »
    So did you get sorted with bass & keys?

+1.

• Advertisement

We are ok for bass, we need a singer, and keys would be really nice also. Please pm me if interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just being nosey really. I play bass or guitar, but you're sorted there. I can hold a tune but I'm not a lead singer by any means, so I'm no use to you!

Advertisement