Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life in Ireland opinions

Options
  • 05-08-2012 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I am currently a bit at odds with Ireland. I have spent time abroad and Im now back in Ireland at the moment. I am spending some of the summer in Spain and I cannot help but see some huge differences. EG- its without a doubt a safer country in general. Is Ireland safe or do some of you struggle with the idea of growing old here? Not and Irish bashing post just a general enquiry....If youre abroad do you miss home? Why?/Why not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Why is Spain safer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

james123 wrote: »
    Why is Spain safer ?

Was just going to ask the same question??

Not crazy about Ireland right now and leaving in a couple of weeks, but I'll definitely come back once things get better.

I think this country is very safe, sure you have your dangerous areas, and what country doesn't, but they are few and far between when looking at the country as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was just thinking about this myself earlier. Used to live in Rome, and used to think that even though I had less money there, I enjoyed myself more. Maybe it was because I was younger. But I was out and about all the time over there, not necessarily out boozing, but there was plenty to do, eating out, going out of the city at weekends etc. No way would I live there now, but just taking stock 10 years later, and I do think another stint abroad is coming. The weather doesn't annoy me too much here. Granted it's gone beyond a joke so I just don't think about it any more.
    Some people go abroad to experience big cities. Some people go abroad to experience better climates. Some people just want to get out of dodge, doesn't matter where...
    I am torn between where to go. I'm going to give Ireland another year, then adios...........
    Will I return? I wouldn't say Yes and I wouldn't say No. It all depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VirtualWorld

I don't feel unsafe in Ireland at all. My OH lives in the center of Dublin, and certainly there is an element of drunkeness and general rowdyness there, but even there I can't say I feel unsafe. As a previous poster has said, there are areas everywhere that are a little less desirable, but overall, Ireland is safe as houses. :)

Advertisement