Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick 2004

Options
  • 05-08-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

This happened back in 2004 ( not sure of date ). Hope this is readable, as i'm doing it on my phone. At the time i lived in an old house with my brother, that was newly renovated. There was a shed/garage to the side, which was filled with old furniture such as a television, table, chairs and other bits of furniture. The landlord must have put them in the shed for storage. The room i used to sleep in had a circle of light on one of the walls especially visible in the dark. I never thought nothing of that ( until later ). Anyway we decided to leave the house and arranged this with the landlord. We gave the landlord back his key. That night we relised we left something behind in the house, we went back for it using a key my brother had that he forgot to give back to the landlord. We took a take away back to the house with us and decided to eat it there. We just sat down to eat and a knock came to the door. At the same time as the knock we both heard a strange noise in the house, that can only be described as the singing thing that the priest does with the bread and wine at mass. We both knew something bad was going to happen. None of us would answer the door and made our escape out the back of the house. We then walked back up the road past the house. What happened next is hard to believe, buts its the truth. A real old looking woman was walking towards us, as we aproached her, i stepped off the path, her eyes were red and she looked pure evil, she had bob cut grey hair and looked about 90 something. My brother stepped off the path and stayed talking to her. By now i was up the road a bit. She said to my brother have you seen my son, he said no, she said he was out playing awhile ago cycling his bike and he's name was damien. That freaked us out. She then tried to touch my brother, and i told him run, as i heard if a ghost touch's you, you can disapear. By now my brother ran and within seconds we looked back and the woman was gone. No 90 something year old could move that fast. Was it a ghost or what we saw that night. This brings me back to the light in the room, was it an orb. Did the old furniture have anything to do with it. I believe the knock on the door was the old woman. This happened 8 years ago and ill never forget it. I dont even like writing this post about it. And ive other stories too that i might put up later. Comments and thoughts please. Btw the house is/was located in the old dublin road area in Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

What struck me most about your story is that you broke into the house and felt completely comfortable with eating your takeaway in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If I met an old woman with red eyes, I wouldnt stop to chat to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

@omen80 We did'nt break into the house, we went back using a spare key ( with the landlords permission ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Yeah, I was baffled when I read the part where your brother stopped to chat to the old lady with the red eyes; especially considering he would have seen you step off the footpath and run away. I'm not suggesting that that makes your story 'less credible', or something, but I just can't understand that at all. If I was your bro, I would have been halfway down the road by then.

Another thing that I found a bit daft was how the old lady said her son's name was Damien. :D And, to top it all off, he was apparently cycling around outside earlier. Isn't there a famous scene in the film 'The Omen', where that evil child Damien is cycling around on his tricycle thing before bowling into, and killing, his own mother?...

Anyway, that was a bizarre night you both apparently had, that's for sure... Did you ever try to look into the history of that house (consult a previous owner, the landlord, or the estate agent)?

Speaking of people with scary eyes, I was stuck inside the overcrowded retail hellhole that is Penneys a few weeks ago, waiting impatiently for my cousin to buy something, when I suddenly looked up and was met by the laser-sharp, glacial glare of a bloke straight across the room from me. His eyes weren't red (obviously - and inside in Penneys, of all places, ffs. Can you imagine? :rolleyes:), but they were practically black in colour and I swear it was like he was looking into my soul, or however you'd term it. Scared the sh*t out of me. I've seen a fair few 'dirty looks' in my time, but this was on another level altogether.

I was thinking at the time that if Satan was an ordinary bloke, he'd probably have eyes like the fella I saw. I'm sure it sounds hilarious (and, to be fair, it is in a way), but, I was so freaked out by the bloke, I looked away almost immediately and even walked out of the shop.

Penneys - you'll get more than a bargain in there. :rolleyes:

@omen80 We did'nt break into the house, we went back using a spare key ( with the landlords permission ).
    Fair enough. Although when I read the bit about the woman's son being called Damien I immediately knew that this story is either made up or you were both on drugs that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

[...] At the same time as the knock we both heard a strange noise in the house, that can only be described as the singing thing that the priest does with the bread and wine at mass. [...]

I LOL'ed at that! :pac:
    [...] We both knew something bad was going to happen.

Yeah, Jesus was going to be drank and eaten!

Ah, I just couldn't resist... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

In all honesty, there's only one thing I'd do in that scenario:

@omen80 I can assure you we were not on drugs that night or any other night for that matter, nor is the story made u. I do agree that the Damien and cycling thing does sound made up, but it really did happen. If i was going to make up a story i would'nt make up something thats associated with a famous film. That would be just plain stupid on my part. Just to add to my op. I dont know why my brother stayed to talk, i did'nt i ran because i got a fright. The house in question has only been rented a 3 or 4 times since we moved out in 2004, and nobody stayed long. It is laying idle now for the past 3 or 4 years. That house is haunted for sure

@omen80 I can assure you we were not on drugs that night or any other night for that matter, nor is the story made u. I do agree that the Damien and cycling thing does sound made up, but it really did happen. If i was going to make up a story i would'nt make up something thats associated with a famous film. That would be just plain stupid on my part. Just to add to my op. I dont know why my brother stayed to talk, i did'nt i ran because i got a fright. The house in question has only been rented a 3 or 4 times since we moved out in 2004, and nobody stayed long. It is laying idle now for the past 3 or 4 years. That house is haunted for sure

Which house is it? I know the Limerick area, wouldn't mind having a look from the outside.

I left this thread, because i felt i was not been believed or even laughed at. The story is 100% true. The property is located near the old dillions petrol statiomm was on the Dublin rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I cant see why the OP has been met with such suspicion. I've read plenty more, far less credible accounts which have gone unquestioned.

Why would you not stop and speak to a very elderly lady if she obviously wanted to talk to you? And I've seen plenty of unwell people who have had very badly blood shot eyes.

And the name Damien? Whats wrong with that? If she had said "I'm looking for my son, Count Apollyon Beilial Fronkenstien" I might have raised an eybrow.

Come on folks...what are we here for? To investigate opportunities or deride contributions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I left this thread, because i felt i was not been believed or even laughed at. The story is 100% true. The property is located near the old dillions petrol statiomm was on the Dublin rd.

I brought this up before with mods (didnt even get a reply). I can understand why you'd stop posting (happens on other threads here too).

Fair enough if someone wants to try and throw in an explanation. But being called liars/on drugs etc. There is a forum set up for sceptics etc.

The funny thing I dont get is why would people who dont believe/nothing really to post/mickey taking, visit this forum?

Makes this forum vulnerable and really takes the interest out of it.

Anyhoo, knowing that part of Limerick, I found your story interesting :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i still stick to my point that I wouldnt stop to chat with an old woman with red eyes, that looked 'pure evil'.

Outside of that though, I dont actually see where the paranormal bit is. A circle of light on a wall isnt paranormal - especially if the OP didnt search about and look for a source. Nor is meeting an old woman.

maccored wrote: »
    i still stick to my point that I wouldnt stop to chat with an old woman with red eyes, that looked 'pure evil'.

Outside of that though, I dont actually see where the paranormal bit is. A circle of light on a wall isnt paranormal - especially if the OP didnt search about and look for a source. Nor is meeting an old woman.

Don't be stubborn Maccored. The posts were dismissive bullying.

Thanks to dellas1979 and kettleson.

To the other posters. they are entitled to their opinion.

When I say an old woman, I believe it was a ghost appearing as an old woman if that's even possible. She disapeared so fast making it almost impossible for an old woman to do so. It is now 10 years later and each time I think of that night i feel all strange and to this day it frightens me. Why would I lie like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Thanks to dellas1979 and kettleson.

To the other posters. they are entitled to their opinion.

When I say an old woman, I believe it was a ghost appearing as an old woman if that's even possible. She disapeared so fast making it almost impossible for an old woman to do so. It is now 10 years later and each time I think of that night i feel all strange and to this day it frightens me. Why would I lie like ?

Were there no gateway to nearby houses she could have went into that you missed?

I'd be more likely to believe this woman may have dementia that got out ( can happen, had an old lady thinking i was her son once!)and even for 90 might be brisk on her feet especially if she was on meds. I think that would be more plausible than a ghost IMO.

@ micky 32, you would have to have seen it to believe it. I still believe it to be a ghost. Although i must admit that there was gateways to other houses, making it possible for the woman or ghost whatever it was to disappear in to. Thanks for your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was that the Texaco station that was straight across the road from where Homebase is?

If so it is beside the site where the murder that resulted in the last state hanging took place.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was that the Texaco station that was straight across the road from where Homebase is?

If so it is beside the site where the murder that resulted in the last state hanging took place.

Any details on the murder/who was murdered? And the hanging? Thanks ...

• Advertisement

Would anyone know where a photo of Catherine Cooper could be obtained ? Also would i be right in thinking, that a 65 year old back in the 50's would look older than a 65 year old in the 2000's ?

Would anyone know where a photo of Catherine Cooper could be obtained ? Also would i be right in thinking, that a 65 year old back in the 50's would look older than a 65 year old in the 2000's ?

Have you seen this?

http://www.limerickcity.ie/media/manning,%20michael%2013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Kess73 wrote: »

Not sure how something that that happened in the past has any relevance here?

Sher if you're to go down that road, you're bound to fall into the trap of confirmation bias quickly. I'm sure many places were the site of a murder/horrific crime etc etc at some point in the past.

@Gumbi, you sure do have a point, I just want to check it out (the photo) all the same.

@kettleson, I am on my mobile now, I will check out the link on my laptop in awhile. Thanks.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Not sure how something that that happened in the past has any relevance here?

Sher if you're to go down that road, you're bound to fall into the trap of confirmation bias quickly. I'm sure many places were the site of a murder/horrific crime etc etc at some point in the past.

I very much doubt that anyone will ever be able to prove that anything that has happened in the past has any relevance to anything that has happened at a later date. (In a paranormal context). I'd be delighted to be shown proof that it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

palLimerick, could you give us a google streetview of where this happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Speaking of people with scary eyes, I was stuck inside the overcrowded retail hellhole that is Penneys a few weeks ago, waiting impatiently for my cousin to buy something, when I suddenly looked up and was met by the laser-sharp, glacial glare of a bloke straight across the room from me. His eyes weren't red (obviously - and inside in Penneys, of all places, ffs. Can you imagine? :rolleyes:), but they were practically black in colour and I swear it was like he was looking into my soul, or however you'd term it. Scared the sh*t out of me. I've seen a fair few 'dirty looks' in my time, but this was on another level altogether.

I was thinking at the time that if Satan was an ordinary bloke, he'd probably have eyes like the fella I saw. I'm sure it sounds hilarious (and, to be fair, it is in a way), but, I was so freaked out by the bloke, I looked away almost immediately and even walked out of the shop.

Penneys - you'll get more than a bargain in there. :rolleyes:

A couple of years ago I was in work in a shop and a guy came in. I served him, he smiled, and as the money passed from him to me, I got an overwhelming sense of evil. It was like an electric shock. I almost staggered back. His eyes, there was nothing on the surface wrong with them, but like you, I felt if the devil was real he'd be like this guy.

I am not religious and I don't believe in the devil. I have no idea what it was- I'm fairly intuitive about people but this was extreme. Anyway I was shaky for the rest of the day. He never came back...

Also OP, where in Limerick was this? There is apparently a ghost supposed to haunt around the White House in UL, maybe she wandered into a nearby estate!

EDIT: I see where you said, sorry I hadn't read the whole thread. And I would believe a 65 year old could look a lot older especially in times past.

Advertisement