Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just-Eat

Options
  • 05-08-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hi - dunno if you think this is a consumer issue or not, but I don't know where else to resolve it! I just ordered from Just-Eat, and the restaurant (Mango Tree, Rathfarnham) apparently closed at 22.30. I ordered at 22.29. Just-Eat has charged me for the transaction, even though there's no food coming. I'm actually broke (and starving!) so I emailed them for a refund, but they say I have to wait until Tuesday.. is that OK? It's a bit of a head-wreck thinking I've given money for nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

They should deliver up until the closing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Yeah apparently you have to get your order in 45 minutes before closing, which I didn't know. I just really want to order food, but there's nothing in my account after that dud transaction. I'm surprised Just-Eat would let that happen, and not be able to refund me until Tuesday?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yeah apparently you have to get your order in 45 minutes before closing, which I didn't know. I just really want to order food, but there's nothing in my account after that dud transaction. I'm surprised Just-Eat would let that happen, and not be able to refund me until Tuesday?!

Seems like they don't work for the bank holiday weekend or those who do the refunds don't. Unlucky mate :(

Yeah apparently you have to get your order in 45 minutes before closing, which I didn't know.

Didnt know that eider where you see that?

lee3155 wrote: »
    Seems like they don't work for the bank holiday weekend or those who do the refunds don't. Unlucky mate :(

Yeah I guess that's it. A pain in my hole though. In future I'll just have to order the old fashioned way!
    stevek93 wrote: »
    Didnt know that eider where you see that?

It doesn't say it on site. You're just meant to 'know' this sh1t it seems.

• Advertisement

It doesn't say it on site. You're just meant to 'know' this sh1t it seems.

Fe*k that Id well look for my money back.

That's the thing though. They're going to refund me, but not until Tuesday! Don't think they know how broke I really am :o

Yeah I guess that's it. A pain in my hole though. In future I'll just have to order the old fashioned way!

I know yeah! As much as I'm into technology, I'd just rather ring up and order :o Can't trust these online ordering services :D

That's the thing though. They're going to refund me, but not until Tuesday! Don't think they know how broke I really am :o

Wanna pop down and ill cook you dinner. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What do you expect them to do at midnight on a bank holiday Sunday? They can't physically refund your card.

If you're that broke they why are you ordering take out? Have beans on toast like all the other broke people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I've had this exact same issue with, the ignorance I got from their supposed customer service was a joke.
    Money came back onto my card 2 weeks later

I know yeah! As much as I'm into technology, I'd just rather ring up and order :o Can't trust these online ordering services :D

Always order from just-eat couldnt be bothered ringing up phones are always engaged.

Always order from just-eat couldnt be bothered ringing up phones are always engaged.

The joys of living in a small town, the take aways are always on hand by the phone :D

The joys of living in a small town, the take aways are always on hand by the phone :D

True that but there is less competition.

True that but there is less competition.

And no vouchers

What do you expect them to do at midnight on a bank holiday Sunday? They can't physically refund your card.

If you're that broke they why are you ordering take out? Have beans on toast like all the other broke people.

I'll wipe my arse with gold-carat toilet roll if that's what I feel like doing. I wasn't looking for financial advice MM, much as you want to share it.

They can't refund my card. OK. It's just weird they'd process the transaction, and leave me down money with no food.

And no vouchers

You can always use just-eat vouchers :D

You can always use just-eat vouchers :D

There's a 15% off in bargain alerts :p

There's a 15% off in bargain alerts :p

Is the €3 one still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I'll wipe my arse with gold-carat toilet roll if that's what I feel like doing. I wasn't looking for financial advice MM, much as you want to share it.

They can't refund my card. OK. It's just weird they'd process the transaction, and leave me down money with no food.
    Thats the process in most business's with refunds,they can take longer than 2-3days to show up on your account

• Advertisement

skinny90 wrote: »
    Thats the process in most business's with refunds,they can take longer than 2-3days to show up on your account

But it takes your money in a matter of seconds. :D

But it takes your money in a matter of seconds. :D
    Not through,let's say I have 20 quid in my account,I order food for 10 quid on just eat and pay via laser card,the transaction generally doesn't leave your account until its been fully approaved via your banks system but the just eat system puts a request in,
    Basically if I processed the order and checked my account afterwards I would still see 20 euro in my account however I would only be able to spend/withdraw 10.
    Same procedure would happen regarding the refund it needs to be acknowledged

Not through,let's say I have 20 quid in my account,I order food for 10 quid on just eat and pay via laser card,the transaction generally doesn't leave your account until its been fully approaved via your banks system but the just eat system puts a request in,
    Basically if I processed the order and checked my account afterwards I would still see 20 euro in my account however I would only be able to spend/withdraw 10.

Yes but what i am saying it is the 20e is there but you can only spend 10. :)

Yes but what i am saying it is the 20e is there but you can only spend 10. :)
    Exactly it's needs to be acknowledged on your banks side hence the delay

Cant seem to find it anywhere

Cant seem to find it anywhere

boards.ie/thread/2056716744?page=1#post_80027055

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

If your not paying by card you should try to order by phone. Some places can even take credit card over the phone.

The fees that they charge the fast food places is unreal. One of my local places told me that he doesn't even make a profit unless the orders are fairly large.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

DylanII wrote: »
    If your not paying by card you should try to order by phone. Some places can even take credit card over the phone.

The fees that they charge the fast food places is unreal. One of my local places told me that he doesn't even make a profit unless the orders are fairly large.

Oh really? I wasn't aware that they charge such large fees :o

Misticles wrote: »
    Oh really? I wasn't aware that they charge such large fees :o

Just eat take 10% of final charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ah right, then the issue you brought up about being broke isn't really relevant then is it :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement