Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build (Round 2)

Options
  • 05-08-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm looking to build it soon, Before guild wars 2 is released. I Want to do some video editing for work as well along with photo editing.

1. What is your budget? 450~600

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, Video and photo editing.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes (So include it plz)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Nope

5. Do you need a monitor? Maybe

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I need keyboard/wireless card

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Probably not

8. How can you pay? Whatever is necessary

9. When are you purchasing? As soon as possible

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I shouldnt need help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Windows you'll have to do your own research as there are several grey areas. I'll leave €60 in the budget but if you decide to go full retail its more like double that.

Item|Price
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€33.20
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€37.24
    ASRock H61M-HVS (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€41.57
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€113.29
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€61.70
    HIS HD 7750 iCooler GDDR5 1024MB DP/DVI/HDMI|€96.47
    Antec BasiQ VP350|€34.97
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€437.43

Your budget and requirements are a bit wooly - so I'll say this:

Every euro at this budget gets you something better - I would actually start in your case by adding a small SSD. You will be playing GW2 a lot so it makes sence in MMO builds to have that on your very fast system drive.

Beyond that a few extra quid will get you a 7770 - I'm not great on the nVidia cards but the 6XXX series bargins are creeping up in price so it might be worth looking at the likes of the 560ti. Ideally wait and see what the 660ti does to prices.

This is well worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Nokia08

Thanks for that! I've a question about windows, What did you mean "Several grey areas"?

Did you mean how I can get it or what I should choose =]

Do a search - software 4 students may be a scheme you qualify for - read the website. They are upgrades its against the board charter to discuss using these as clean installs.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Nokia08

Sound for that. Also I've upgraded the Video card to HIS HD 7770 GDDR5 1024MB DVI HDMI 2xMiniDP
    I assume that is the one you suggested.

7770 draws a touch more power you may also want this PSU.

• Advertisement
Advertisement