Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying cinema goers

• 06-08-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

So i went to see Ted at the cinema with the misses this evening. we were really looking forward to the film but the chap behind me was laughing in my ear like a hyena for the entire film. there was a few funny parts but this idiot roared at the most stupidest things

Idiots like this should be thrown out of the cinema,he ruined the entire film for us after paying 23 quid for our tickets. i think ill just rent out films anymore..what a complete and utter moron

Comments

Garfield was great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I didnt know that hyenas can laugh. Guess you learn something new everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Dónal wrote: »

Huh??

Garfiel the movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

jimpump wrote: »
    So i went to see Ted at the cinema with the misses this evening. we were really looking forward to the film but the chap behind me was laughing in my ear like a hyena for the entire film. there was a few funny parts but this idiot roared at the most stupidest things

Idiots like this should be thrown out of the cinema,he ruined the entire film for us after paying 23 quid for our tickets. i think ill just rent out films anymore..what a complete and utter moron
    Careful now...

Anyway, this is the risk you take by going to places with other people.

• Advertisement

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Garfiel the movie

what the hell has that got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ITT: Guy complains about people laughing watching a comedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

what the hell has that got to do with anything?

I think he's making fun of you
    And I'm not surprised

People laughing at a comedy in a cinema, WELL I NEVER!

Garfield? The bit with the boobs? Thigh slapping funny.

I don't need to say anymore.

See! because of that prick behind me i didnt even catch that part

I think he's making fun of you
    And I'm not surprised

People laughing at a comedy in a cinema, WELL I NEVER!

if you heard this guy you wouldnt be saying that, lad

• Advertisement

Garfield? The bit with the boobs? Thigh slapping funny.

I don't need to say anymore.

See! because of that prick behind me i didnt even catch that part
    Why didn't you sit somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

if you heard this guy you wouldnt be saying that, lad

No, I would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

23 quid? Expensive cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Sorry OP that was my bad .. I was sending a tweet :p

23 quid? Expensive cinema.
    In Middleton it's 5.50 a ticket. 23 is expensive

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Careful now...

Anyway, this is the risk you take by going to places with other people.

yeah **** people! and another thing, he had really bad body odour,no wonder he was there on his own....sad or what

annoying and he smells like crap...is it just me or do indians/pakistanis ever wash??

mod: banned

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    In Middleton it's 5.50 a ticket. 23 is expensive

Tickets in the evening are always more expensive and maybe he bought the VIP seats

yeah **** people! and another thing, he had really bad body odour,no wonder he was there on his own....sad or what

annoying and he smells like crap...is it just me or do indians/pakistanis ever wash??

Uh oh ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

annoying and he smells like crap... is it just me or do indians/pakistanis ever wash??

Just you.

PS- You are the weakest link......

No, I would

sorry pal, didnt know you were deaf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Were you at the 19:30 showing in Cineworld?

I was there.

Cool.

Wana go get a beer or something maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Uh oh ......

Spaghetti OH!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just you.

PS- You are the weakest link......

you are the weakest link???? **** me, i didnt know it was still 2004, who bleedin says that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

The last time I was in the cinema there was a trailer for the film Battleship.

The row behind me had about eight teenage girls out for the evening. Throughout the entire film, they told one another many times, over and over, that Rihanna was in Battleship. They chatted about her hair, her music, her clothes, her weight, her relationship (they'd forgive Chris Brown, because he's so hot).

Mostly though they just reminded each other that Rihanna was in Battleship. Over and over. For two hours.

I can't even remember what the film I went to see was.:(
    It wasn't Battleship!

Giselle wrote: »

The row behind me had about eight teenage girls out for the evening. Throughout the entire film, they told one another many times, over and over, that Rihanna was in Battleship. They chatted about her hair, her music, her clothes, her weight, her relationship (they'd forgive Chris Brown, because he's so hot).

Mostly though they just reminded each other that Rihanna was in Battleship. Over and over. For two hours.

I can't even remember what the film was.:(

Battleship. It was Battleship they were talking about.

Dean0088 wrote: »

I was there.

Cool.

eh...nah your alright

it was the odeon in coolock btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

keith16 wrote: »
    Battleship. It was Battleship they were talking about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rihanna in that movie...

Bad Panda wrote: »

I think she is, but I can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Dean0088 wrote: »

I was there.

Cool.

Ah me too, me too! Boardsies, slowly infiltrating all aspects of society. We cook your meals, hall your thrash, connect your calls, drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fcuk with us... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Saw it the other day in Douglas. One girl kept repeating lines that had a particularly strong Boston accent out loud, and (it felt like) every time Ted talked a guy kept pointing out to his friends that Ted and Peter Griffin's voices were both done by Seth McFarlane. I get over sweet munching or what have you, but people being annoying really messes with the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

you are the weakest link???? **** me, i didnt know it was still 2004, who bleedin says that :rolleyes:

Sorry it's not the best joke, you're right, it's an oldie, what was I thinking? Do you know what had brilliant up to date jokes, though? Ted. Too bad you missed them you racist fool.

I can't even remember what the film was.:(

That sucks man. dopes like that wreck my head, paying good money just to put up with a-holes like that

Bad Panda wrote: »

Very astute of you Bad Panda. It's a little known fact that Rhianna did indeed star in that film. Her hair was amazing. She wore nice clothes too. Chris Brown is an abusive man, but I would personally let that slide purely on the grounds that he is "hot" and therefore, likely a good lover.

Very astute of you Bad Panda. It's a little known fact that Rhianna did indeed star in that film. Her hair was amazing. She wore nice clothes too. Chris Brown is an abusive man, but I would personally let that slide purely on the grounds that he is "hot" and therefore, likely a good lover.

You know, I know some girls you'd really get along with. :)

Are you single? More importantly, are you a Rihanna fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Banned.

• Advertisement

You know, I know some girls you'd really get along with. :)

Are you single? More importantly, are you a Rihanna fan?

Oh sweet jesus yes, yes I am a Rhianna "fan".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I never (if I can help it) go to the cinema between 1pm-8pm. Morning, or late night flicks cuts out most of the tossers (kids/teens), I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

It sounds like he didn't realise how racist that comment was. It's a sad day when your actions on an internet thread are teaching you right from wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Oh sweet jesus yes, yes I am a Rhianna "fan".

If you're as hot as Chris Brown you're in there. :)

• Advertisement

If you're as hot as Chris Brown you're in there. :)

Sadly I lack his "hotness" and charm. I am unpredictably violent however :)

PM me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Sadly I like his "hotness" and charm. I am unpredictably violent however :)

PM me?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but slaps and fists excite me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Went to the cinema to see 'Ted' this evening. I really enjpyed the movie but there was this racist guy in front of us complaining that we were laughing too loudly (I thought that was expected at a comedy?) and complaining that we smelled?

D1stant wrote: »
    Went to the cinema to see 'Ted' this evening. I really enjpyed the movie but there was this racist guy in front of us complaining that we were laughing too loudly (I thought that was expected at a comedy?) and complaining that we smelled?

Is it just me or do racist guys / morons ever wash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I hate people that shush you in the cinema and threaten to "box the head off you!"

i like to give my friends a running commentary full of observations and wit. Give them extra bang for their bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

• . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Had a bizarre experience when I went to see Phone Booth in the cinema years and years ago. I was there with my mom and dad because I was about 12 and there was this woman sitting beside me who absolutely roared laughing constantly throughout the film. I literally can't remember one funny part of that film but I can always remember her howling laughter throughout the film. Bizarre carry on.

When I went to see Sweeney Todd for the fourth or fifth time with my boyfriend (we really loved it, we were bloodthirsty 17 year-olds at the time and we had loads of free cinema vouchers and it was Winter so it was a handy way to stay in from the cold) there were a bunch of 14 - 16 year-olds occupying the entire row in front of us; about twenty seats. Anyway they spent the first fifteen minutes of the film talking about how **** it was and rustling their twenty million sweet wrappers and chucking popcorn at each other and shouting down the rows to their friends. When Sweeney Todd received his razorblades back, one shouted "F*ck that biys, he's singing to his knives" and they all left, leaving behind well over €200 worth of uneaten cinema food and sweets. Again, bizarre carry on.

It is an incredibly rare occasion that I go to the cinema now that we have our own house. Why on earth you would want to leave the comfort of your own home to watch a film with a bunch of unpredictable weirdos off the street, especially when you have to pay as much money to see films as you do nowadays, is beyond me. You'd be better off investing in a projector and having a hard drive with several hundred GB of films on it, you'll never need to spend a fortune on that chewy, cold cinema popcorn again!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

There's nothing worse than some dumb cnut kicking your seat especially if it's a kid and the parent does nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

anyone under the age of 15 in a group larger than 3, maybe 4. Good chance they'll be talking and laughing the entire time. They are easy to avoid by not going Friday evenings or Saturday afternoon at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ted was a funny movie OP. I must be easily amused but a talking, swearing teddy bear. Come on to fnck.

Also on disruptive moviegoers, A couple that went to the same showing of Ted that I saw, Firstly they sat in the wrong seats and when told to move they argued their point and the guy managed to trip walking up the center isle twice (Big laugh from audience) and then after security asking them to move, Guy said he had enough and was leaving, then stumbled off the last step on way out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement