Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying cinema goers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I can't ****ing stand the people who sit behind me and constantly kick and bump my chair. Just sit easy you cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cherie1990

I miss the sweet popcorn that you can get in cinemas in the UK. Stuff is like heroin, you just can't stop eating.

Vue in liffey valley sell sweet popcorn.

I was in Cineworld about two weeks ago and there was some drunk "awl-wan" sitting up the front - constantally laughing. He laugh was funnier than the film. She kept screaming things out. At the start of the film, just as the lights were dimming and the film starting she struts in Stands at the front centre and screams " Scarla for yor ma for havin ye" - probably the funniest part of the film. If I didn't want to see the film in the first place she would have really annoyed me.

keith16 wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus yes, yes I am a Rhianna "fan".

Really? Did you know shes in the new film Battleship. You should really go see it, Rhianna is in it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I miss the sweet popcorn that you can get in cinemas in the UK. Stuff is like heroin, you just can't stop eating.

This! I miss the sweet popcorn so much :( The popcorn I've had at cinemas here is so stale and tasteless usually. Whenever I went back to England I'd sometimes pop in too Blockbuster to get their sweet popcorn :o

Back on topic; people who bring and eat crisps in the cinema! When I was at Harry Potter last year a guy in front of me had one of those big 12 pack of Taytos with him! the rustling was incredibly annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Millicent wrote: »
    Carlton Advertising -- you gits. This is solely your fault. Seeing your name makes me want to punch a horse-sized duck in the face. :mad:

I think the cinemas might have a little more responsibility than the advertisers. I would think they sell the rights to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Millicent wrote: »
    I tell you why because I was ranting about this after seeing The Dark Knight Rises the other night -- because the feckin' ads are a half hour long.

What the hell is with the ads? It used to be a few upcoming attractions before you got to see your film. Now you have to watch Jennifer Lopez shave her legs (every fucking time) and Roger bleedin' Federer shave his stupid face before you can see the thing you spent far too much money on seeing. Carlton Advertising -- you gits. This is solely your fault. Seeing your name makes me want to punch a horse-sized duck in the face. :mad:

I really thought this was just me and the boyfriend that were getting annoyed by this! ESPECIALLY Jennifer Lopez. I'm your venus.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Originally Posted by Millicent
    I tell you why because I was ranting about this after seeing The Dark Knight Rises the other night -- because the feckin' ads are a half hour long.

What the hell is with the ads? It used to be a few upcoming attractions before you got to see your film. Now you have to watch Jennifer Lopez shave her legs (every ****ing time) and Roger bleedin' Federer shave his stupid face before you can see the thing you spent far too much money on seeing. Carlton Advertising -- you gits. This is solely your fault. Seeing your name makes me want to punch a horse-sized duck in the face.

It is very annoying I time it, if a film starts at 7 I go at 7.15 but sometimes there are no ads and I miss the beginning of a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I hate sitting beside some one who guffs me about doing drug deals on my mobile like I am at the pics but I still have to make a living and the addicts depend on me.

Also so what if I have to leave so often its not my fault the addicts are desperate,,OK maybe it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭micosoft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I bow to you. I wish I could thank that twice. HILARIOUS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

idiots who clap at the end of a film or when an airplane lands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

True. Although both are not equally stupid. At least you are clapping a person/people when an airplane lands, but a film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I bet those people clap the staff in McDonalds and Dunnes too. Or maybe they are mindless sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Children asking their parents every two minutes a question about whats going on in their high voice (ok they cant help the voice, but just tell your kids to be quiet for fup sake! :mad:)

That fella who always has to drink his own body weight in coke and then shuffle past you to get out of the aisle to use the toilet.

The phone checker, the seat kicker, that stupid couple or pair of friends who have to talk to each other to explain whats going on.]

Oh man, the people who used to arrive half an hour late and act surprised when only a few seats in between people remain. Arrive on time and it wont happen.

I'd build a cinema for the above immature loud and inconsiderable people. Give them an hour before they're tearing each other to pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

ixoy wrote: »
    Lots of annoying incidents over the years but one stand out was during Toy Story 3. There was a girl who also had a hyena laugh who screeched her way through the film. That included one of the final, really poignant and sad scenes at the end. I could see a number of people giving her WTF looks throughout (including a bunch of young fellas who were initially a bit disruptive themselves). Made me wary of seeing mainstream movies with an emotional punch in the cinema again.

Actually she shouted "What a sad 18 year old, playing with a bunch of toys" during the final scene, completely ruining the moment. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cheese Popcorn eaters should have their own cinema.

elekid wrote: »
    Actually she shouted "What a sad 18 year old, playing with a bunch of toys" during the final scene, completely ruining the moment. :mad:

That warrants barring from that cinema in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I feel for you OP. I normally only go to the cinema for big special effects, and normally during a weekday lunchtime showing. Even during the summer holidays it tends to be pretty quiet.

For Ted, I'm going to actively try the opposite. I reckon a comedy like that would be funnier with other people laughing with you. I heard that the afternoon and evening shows were sold out Wednesday, so it'll be difficult to get a ticket this weekend. To me that means I'll be in the middle of a load of people who really want to see the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

jimpump wrote: »
    So i went to see Ted at the cinema with the misses this evening. we were really looking forward to the film but the chap behind me was laughing in my ear like a hyena for the entire film. there was a few funny parts but this idiot roared at the most stupidest things

Idiots like this should be thrown out of the cinema,he ruined the entire film for us after paying 23 quid for our tickets. i think ill just rent out films anymore..what a complete and utter moron

Yep, agreed. Went to see it on Saturday with the missus. There was a couple sat beside us, swilling beer and roaring at the slightest thing. Now, there's laughing and there's OMFGTHATWASTHEFUNNIESTTHINGEVARHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOMFGOMFGOMFG11!!!11!!!!!! laughing. It's not laughing that's the problem, it's the fact that you're roaring at the fcuking screen. Like, at the top of your lungs. If you were actually screaming obscenities , that would be unnaceptable, but replace swear words with laughter but leave the loudness and volume the exact same and somehow THAT'S ok?

What really winds me up is people laughing at the bits from the trailer that everyone has seen a hundred times. You've already seen that part, you knew the punchline, why the fcuk are you gushing with uncontrollable mirth and chortling so damn loudly at viewing number 101? Is it funnier, now, in the theatre, surrounded by so many strangers than it is at home by yourself the other hundred times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Went to see U-571 with my father and brother in Liffey Valley and had the misfortune of having a row of teenaged idiots sit behind us. Chatting isn't too bad. I can filter that out, but the young fella behind me lest kicking my seat and then decided to put his feet up on the top of the seat, beside my head. I sat there for a few minutes with his festering runners twitching beside me, when he got restless legs again, and kicked me in the head. I grabbed his ankle and pulled and told him if he didn't put his feet down and stop kicking my seat, I'd rip them off at the ankle and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. My Dad, turned around in his seat and with a totally stony face said "She will, you know."

Not a gig out of the rest of them until the end of the film, when they apologised to us :D!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

My ex-Girlfriend/current wife and I go to the Cinema on average once a week. We used to go to Vue in Liffey valley as you can pay and collect your tickets at a kiosk and this means you can pick your seat, I like an aisle seat.

However we were dropping €50 on tickets and munchies and we'd probably go to Eddie Rockets or Gourmet Burger afterwards as well.

Also the Vue is full of kids and the odd traveller group as well, Travellers LOVE to have a chat or phone their mates at high volume during movies and seem bewildered when they are kicked out.

We now go to the newly re-opened Lighthouse Cinema €18 for 2 tickets and 2 cokes & Cornpops €10 and seats aren't assigned so you can sit anywhere you want, also no kids.

MajorMax wrote: »
    My ex-Girlfriend/current wife and I go to the Cinema on average once a week. We used to go to Vue in Liffey valley as you can pay and collect your tickets at a kiosk and this means you can pick your seat, I like an aisle seat.

However we were dropping €50 on tickets and munchies and we'd probably go to Eddie Rockets or Gourmet Burger afterwards as well.

Also the Vue is full of kids and the odd traveller group as well, Travellers LOVE to have a chat or phone their mates at high volume during movies and seem bewildered when they are kicked out.

We now go to the newly re-opened Lighthouse Cinema €18 for 2 tickets and 2 cokes & Cornpops €10 and seats aren't assigned so you can sit anywhere you want, also no kids.

The IFI is the business, they show films that the coke gallon swillers avoid, and you can have a beer while you watch in peace and quiet.

IFI Cinema is OK, saw a pretty good french movie there last time I went, but two words.....NO POPCORN!:eek:

Any cinema that doesn't have any popcorn is not for me

IFI Cinema is OK, saw a pretty good french movie there last time I went, but two words.....NO POPCORN!:eek:

Any cinema that doesn't have any popcorn is not for me

Good, no motherf*ckers rustling away and stuffing their fat faces.

No offence. :)

You're being insensitive to the average cinema-goer Chazz. Clearly a lot of people go to eat food and not watch a film

• Advertisement

You're being insensitive to the average cinema-goer Chazz. Clearly a lot of people go to eat food and not watch a film

If only there was a public place where one could pay money to eat food and not be distracted by loud noises and flashing images on a screen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Battlefield was sh!te alright, how come they can travel through space and have all that technology yet the ships can only bellyflop in the water? Christ! Rihanna was hot in it though.

battleship maybe? I saw it last week and thought it was a lot of fun. There were so many plot holes though. Like why the things the alien ship fire aren't guided. But as a mate said, when you walk into a cinema to see a film called battleship, you kind of have to leave any expectations at the door. It's going to be a crappy sci-fi film with a huge special effect budget and you should just enjoy it for what it is.

I was at the cinema with the GF a few years ago and we had three teenage girls in front of us that wouldn't shut the **** up. We ended up complaining and they got thrown out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There's nothing worse than some dumb cnut kicking your seat especially if it's a kid and the parent does nothing.
    Nothing worse. That's why god invented tasers.

No offence taken, I am neither fat nor a motherf*cker, but I do love my cinema popcorn.
    Anyone who doesn't like popcorn during a movie is dead inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

No matter where you sit in the cinema you always seem to be sitting behind someone like Ray Charles rocking back and forth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Nothing worse than the feet up brigade except probably the recliner on airliners who puts their seat all the way back into the space YOU have paid good money for, ruining your flight. At least with Ryanair you do not have recliners invading your seat space with their selfish ways........

doolox wrote: »
    Nothing worse than the feet up brigade except probably the recliner on airliners who puts their seat all the way back into the space YOU have paid good money for, ruining your flight. At least with Ryanair you do not have seat space

FYP

Connolly's view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

No offence taken, I am neither fat nor a motherf*cker, but I do love my cinema popcorn.
    Anyone who doesn't like popcorn during a movie is dead inside

Oh god I love cinema popcorn......I cant stop thinking about it now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Oh god I love cinema popcorn......I cant stop thinking about it now :(

you get factory popcorn sifted through so no kernals get into the bag because you cant be trusted not to choke or crack a tooth. then its reheated by lights and has butter thrown over it and your charged 4:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

you get factory popcorn sifted through so no kernals get into the bag because you cant be trusted not to choke or crack a tooth. then its reheated by lights and has butter thrown over it and your charged 4:50.

Sounds amazing.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I just noticed this -
    Dan133269 wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I have my own house" post!
    Oh GOD no, we only rent! I just meant "now that we're not living with our parents and bothering them"... there's nothing worse than being in the middle of a film and having somebody's mother come in and tell them to clean their room or go out for a walk. I wouldn't swap anything to be back as a teenager... Jesus Christ, it's the weekend, we will do things at our leisure or as they become pressing! Work is imminent and relaxing is necessary beforehand! I mean, Punk may have died but parents are definitely still just lame. :P

On-topic, there is a screen size advantage to watching films like Avatar or Prometheus that have that sort of epic proportions stuff going on. However, if anybody is interested in having an extremely large screen in your living room which you can use as a cinema projector merely by hooking up your laptop via HDMI lead, go to Cash Converters or Argos or one of those men shops and they often sell ones for less than 60 quid. If you watch six films on it you'll have more than made back the money you'd pay seeing them in the cinema.

Advertisement