Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

500ml bottle of Coca Cola €1.69!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was in a shop recently that was selling 500ml bottles of coke for €1.69 and 1l bottles of coke for €1.50.
    SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Santa Claus promo 2l bottles for €1 each and the 500 ml ones were around €1.75 :P
    Many will still pay over the odds for the small one. I am guessing the big ones were not chilled in these cases. Most buying small bottles want it chilled and to be able to drink out of it easily, so will pay a premium. Its like 2 very different items to most consumers in my mind, it would be sort of like saying "the local centra charge €2 for a cup of coffee/tea, while they sell the teabags/instant coffee really cheap"

kneemos wrote: »
    Does Pepsi Max have artificial sweetener or something?
    Yes, Pepsi max is a different flavoured version of diet pepsi, just like coke zero & diet coke. They have also dropped the diet term to attract the macho men who otherwise shun "diet drinks"

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭decmanning

central. londis and daybreak are all rip offs, stick to dunnes, tesco, aldi and lidl for good value

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

rubadub wrote: »
    Many will still pay over the odds for the small one. I am guessing the big ones were not chilled in these cases. Most buying small bottles want it chilled and to be able to drink out of it easily, so will pay a premium. Its like 2 very different items to most consumers in my mind, it would be sort of like saying "the local centra charge €2 for a cup of coffee/tea, while they sell the teabags/instant coffee really cheap"

Yes, Pepsi max is a different flavoured version of diet pepsi, just like coke zero & diet coke. They have also dropped the diet term to attract the macho men who otherwise shun "diet drinks"
    I didnt mind the not so chilled great value and neither did half of my school who were all carrying 2 lt bottles back to school :P Yeah, diet Coke sounds girly but... Pepsi MAX, that's so maaaaanly! The X makes it cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

decmanning wrote: »
    central. londis and daybreak are all rip offs, stick to dunnes, tesco, aldi and lidl for good value

Agree 100%. Also welcome to boards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭decmanning

cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

decmanning wrote: »
    cheers :)

No worries, make sure you check out the rules so you don't get your comeuppance from a mod. :p

Advertisement