Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posh girls begging on o'connel st Dublin on sat night

• 06-08-2012 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Right, my mates and I were coming out of twisted pepper and were confronted outside super macs by an attractive young girl (about 21 years old) with a posh south side accent asking for money as she 'needed to get a taxi home'. My mate gave her a euro, but 10 seconds later we saw her asking another person, then another person, then yet another person. We then noticed that she had a friend who was doing the same thing, as in playing a pretty south side girl who was lost and needed money for a taxi home. We watched them for about 15min and they were cleaning up, asking guys and the male out of a couple for a euro each time . We counted that they must have begged at least €30 from these people, as well as multiple cigarettes. More than enough for a taxi home. Amazingly, the original girl then came up to us and asked us again for another euro! She at first didn't believe us that she had just asked us for money minutes before, but when we questioned her and her friends actions she just walked off and asked other people for money.

I took some photos of both girls which I will try to add here, but once they noticed we were on to them, they walked back down to supermacs (we were outside McDonald's at this stage) and proceeded to ask men for money 'for a taxi home'.. They must have made quite a bit of money from men who were genuinely concerned about their well being, but trust me, these girls knew how to look after themselves. What has recession Ireland done to the Celtic tiger cubs??

So what do people think of this? Vulnerable drunk girls lost on the northside, or clever little bitches?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Oh she'd be begging all-right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Oh she'd be begging all-right
    Begging for da cock?

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

Eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

21 is not a Celtic Tiger cub, she's to young.

This carry on has been going on for years and pretty girls always get away with it. They're just looking for more money for drink and use their looks to get it. Works 90% of the time and all the drunk young men fall for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Sucky sucky 1 euro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

le la rat wrote: »
    Begging for da cock?

Lads go to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lima wrote: »
    Right, my mates and I were coming out of twisted pepper and were confronted outside super macs by an attractive young girl (about 21 years old) with a posh south side accent asking for money as she 'needed to get a taxi home'. My mate gave her a euro, but 10 seconds later we saw her asking another person, then another person, then yet another person. We then noticed that she had a friend who was doing the same thing, as in playing a pretty south side girl who was lost and needed money for a taxi home. We watched them for about 15min and they were cleaning up, asking guys and the male out of a couple for a euro each time . We counted that they must have begged at least €30 from these people, as well as multiple cigarettes. More than enough for a taxi home. Amazingly, the original girl then came up to us and asked us again for another euro! She at first didn't believe us that she had just asked us for money minutes before, but when we questioned her and her friends actions she just walked off and asked other people for money.

I took some photos of both girls which I will try to add here, but once they noticed we were on to them, they walked back down to supermacs (we were outside McDonald's at this stage) and proceeded to ask men for money 'for a taxi home'.. They must have made quite a bit of money from men who were genuinely concerned about their well being, but trust me, these girls knew how to look after themselves. What has recession Ireland done to the Celtic tiger cubs??

So what do people think of this? Vulnerable drunk girls lost on the northside, or clever little bitches?!

You probably shouldn't.

Also, anyone giving them money is a bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dorothymantooth

le la rat wrote: »
    Begging for da cock?

its one thing we dont have to beg 4

This carry on has been going on for years and pretty girls always get away with it. They're just looking for more money for drink and use their looks to get it. Works 90% of the time and all the drunk young men fall for it.

Although it was the end of the night and we're not young (32-ish, no interest in little c*nty bitches)

You probably shouldn't.

Also, anyone giving them money is a bit silly.

It's very silly lad you're right. Good point. Really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

So a girl who was clearly from Dublin as you said was pretending to be lost on O'Connell Street? I'm not even from Dublin and wouldn't be lost on O'Connell Street.

Also this type of thing happens everywhere.

It's 2012, in 2002 she was 11, in 1994 she was 6, what doesn't make her a Celtic tiger cub in your opinion?

mackg wrote: »
    So a girl who was clearly from Dublin as you said was pretending to be lost on O'Connell Street? I'm not even from Dublin and wouldn't be lost on O'Connell Street.

Also this type of thing happens everywhere.

I've never seen it to this extent, they were actively making money from it, maybe €100's of euro, isn't it a bit crazy? Hot young ones begging for a few euro is normal, but this seemed well organised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

cruais wrote: »
    Sucky sucky 1 euro...

Wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

We watched them for about 15min and they were cleaning up, asking guys and the male out of a couple for a euro each time . We counted that they must have begged at least €30 from these people, as well as multiple cigarettes. More than enough for a taxi home.

How do you know where they were going?

I took some photos of both girls which I will try to add here.

No, that's not happening.

My guess is they may have spent more than they intended and wanted to get home safe.

So, they may have been both vulnerable and clever.
    Although it was the end of the night and we're not young (32-ish, no interest in little c*nty bitches)

And we are done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement