Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 and Canadian Police Check

Options
  • 06-08-2012 5:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hi all..

Quick question that i hope someone can help me with...
    i was in canada last year on a WHV for 6 months. and this year i am in oz and my company are tryin to get me a 457, i think i will need a police cert from canada but can someone please tell me how i go about getting this?

Thanks,

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You don't need a police check for 457 unless you have some conviction

• Registered Users Posts: 35 minsbarron

hussey wrote: »
    You don't need a police check for 457 unless you have some conviction

For the 457 visa you have to declare if you have lived outside of your Country of Passport for more than 3 months in the previous 5 years. If requested by the Department of Immigration, a police check may then be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cathamanda

Hi just wondering did u need the police check after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chaoloughlin

For a 457 you do not need a police check, I am on a 457 and spent 3 and a half years in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

sorry only getting to this now, as it turns out i didnt need a police cert but im just wondering now do you need one if you want to apply for your PR???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

For only 6 months on a whv it's hard to know, I lived in the north for a couple of years and needed a check from the brit police.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

lg123 wrote: »
    For only 6 months on a whv it's hard to know, I lived in the north for a couple of years and needed a check from the brit police.

well im sponsored at present so im on a 457, so i would be going from that to PR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

I was the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You only need a police check for each country you lived in for more than 12 months.

Advertisement