Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another pride of the Irish Nominee!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

put him on the next plane back at his own expense.
    What a clown.
    I hate the drunken Paddy stigma we get stuck with here.
    Admittedly I like a jar every now and again, but so many Aussies just presume that you do nothing but go on the pi$$ and fight because your Irish.
    Rather frustrating.
    Deport this fool. It'll be one less

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

What the f happened in this video did the lad just walk over and kick him in front of the camera out of the blue? Seems to be more to this than meets the eye.

it was on the news in QLD as a mistaken identity, they didn't say he was Irish. Either way. what a dope

They're irish alight I recognise one of the lads in the video. CLOWNS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

No doubt this will one of those threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

I've heard Irish packers called "White ****ing Abos" recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The f*cking idiot, if you're going to do a Bishop Brennan job don't do it with a camera pointed at you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

This all looks to be staged. What the hell is going on in that video?
    The fella in the black shirt just kicks the politician in the leg and then tries to run away. Then the lad in the Argentinian shirt tries to start on the fella in the black shirt but then seems to get the politician in a headlock??
    The whole thing looks to be set up.
    Politician tries to make citizens arrest and it's 3 weeks out from the election!!

Shennanigans looks like a classy pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

gOst wrote: »

It's crap like this makes you embarressed to tell people you're irish :mad:

Not me. He's obviously a braindead bloody clown, just because we share the same nationality doesn't mean I have to apologise for him, or feel embarrassed by his pathetic actions.

Lots of similar young Aussie knobs tearing up Bali etc and most people have enough sense not to judge all Aussies by their actions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

This all looks to be staged. !
    It may be true that we don't have all the whole story but what we do see is a hot head making for a target without little concern for being caught. Words may have passed earlier, we don't know, but that young guy (regardless of if he's Irish or not) couldn't have done a better job of setting himself up. Very uncouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

What a plonker! The big bloody grinny head on him as he comes up behind the politician. Did he think he was on Jackass? The sun and alcohol obviously went to his head.
    I'm embarrassed whether he's Irish or Australian. That entertainment precinct in Darwin sounds like a bit of a ghetto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Did you hear about the young irishman in Oz who inbroad daylight , walks up behind an unsuspecting middle aged politician and kicks him from behind in an unprovoked attack. Not only is there half a dozen credible witness but the politician is talking into to a tv news camera !!!

He can look forward to porridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

rusheen wrote: »
    Did you hear about the young irishman in Oz who inbroad daylight , walks up behind an unsuspecting middle aged politician and kicks him from behind in an unprovoked attack. Not only is there half a dozen credible witness but the politician is talking into to a tv news camera !!!

He can look forward to porridge
    Nicely put. Yet there are still people who say "it was a set up". Well if that young guy is so easily led he really shouldn't be let use a spoon in case he's provoked to hurt himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I don't think this was a set up, I reckon just a few idiots in a pub seen the TV and reckoned it would be 'funny'
    I'm glad he wasn't in a GAA jersey - the thread would have gone nuts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

hussey wrote: »
    I don't think this was a set up, I reckon just a few idiots in a pub seen the TV and reckoned it would be 'funny'

Yep, thought the same myself when I saw it. I reckon he had a few beers in him and was dared to go do it "for the laugh".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Attacked from behind.

Alcohol didn't give that guy any liquid courage.

Xavi6 was right apparently it was a kick bishop brennan up the arse joby for $200.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,340 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can I ask why?

People do stupid things with drink all the time. The fact sometimes an irish person does something idiotic has no baring on me at all.
    Look at all the assaults and fights you see making the news. Most involve drunken aussies getting out of hand in kings cross (or what ever the equivalent is in other areas), the people involved look like assholes, but it doesn't have any reflection on random australians. Why should it be different for us?

It shouldn't but you'll still get the "we grew here you flew here" discussion anytime an Irish national does something retarded and gets caught. It's just the way it is. Unfortunately your typical drunken fool doesn't really think of that before he decides to box on or swim with the crocodiles or perform some similarly retarded act that would be no big deal if an Aussie did it.
    Because the media will stick a foreign national tag, immigrant tag, or Irish tag in the headline/soundbite, the reaction will always be a tarnish to other Irish people. At least those who are proud of their nationality, heritage and to some extents culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

hussey wrote: »
    I'm glad he wasn't in a GAA jersey - the thread would have gone nuts ;)

You would be handing out cards faster than a Las Vages Poker Dealer if he was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭gOst

Mellor wrote: »

Can I ask why?

People do stupid things with drink all the time. The fact sometimes an irish person does something idiotic has no baring on me at all.
    Look at all the assaults and fights you see making the news. Most involve drunken aussies getting out of hand in kings cross (or what ever the equivalent is in other areas), the people involved look like assholes, but it doesn't have any reflection on random australians. Why should it be different for us?

Maybe you're right (I assume your highlighting getting hung up on the national identity thing).

I'm probably more receptive to stories with the Irish tagline but there seems to be a greater prevalence of Irish nationals making a$$holes of themselves than any other immigrant group. I've never heard "a number of Korean/German/Canadian men arrested after a mass brawl in Northbridge". Maybe because of the large amount of Irish immigrants you get the associated larger % fools.

I suppose it's not an issue if you know how to conduct yourself in society. Then you can let those around you form their own opinions The only downside is people that don't know any decent irish people form their opinions on news stories like the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,340 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm probably more receptive to stories with the Irish tagline but there seems to be a greater prevalence of Irish nationals making a$$holes of themselves than any other immigrant group. I've never heard "a number of Korean/German/Canadian men arrested after a mass brawl in Northbridge". Maybe because of the large amount of Irish immigrants you get the associated larger % fools.

I'd say is more likely a case of the irish incidents sticking in memory, as well as the fact that we (irish people, the forum, etc) are made aware of it every time an irish person does something.

Eg:
    Had the above eijet been German, or Canadian, if would of been past over and not posted to the forum,as a result, most of us wouldn't have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

It would have been funnier if the pond life would have been German, the Politician in the best case scenario would have ended up with a wet back judging from some low budget German Movies i have seen in the past, you dont want to about hear the worst case scenario. ;)

being serious for half a second, where is this at? is the "tough on Crime Polly" pressing charges against all three of them or just the first spanner, he might be able to tell us what a "Rock Spider" is on the Weird Things Aussies do Thread

I'm really surprised this been boards .....there hasn't been that many on this thread defending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I'm probably more receptive to stories with the Irish tagline but there seems to be a greater prevalence of Irish nationals making a$$holes of themselves than any other immigrant group. .

Apart from the Leb gangs.

Or the Sudanese and Somali gangs in Adelaide and Melbourne.

Or the Somalis convicted of that bomb plot.

Or the once pronent Vietnamese gangs of West Sydney. One member of whom gunned down an MP.

Or the Hong Kong lads arrested over a half billion ice and heroin import.

Or the Iranian lad caught with 30m of heroin in Artarmon a few months back.

I digress. The most common stereotype of an Irishman in Australia is a person who drinks hard but works harder than the natives. WTF do you think so many employers here prefer Irish people to natives?

I digress. The most common stereotype of an Irishman in Australia is a person who drinks hard but works harder than the natives. WTF do you think so many employers here prefer Irish people to natives?

You might be right Damo but if that's true why doesn't every employer then just sponsor Irish people rather employ natives. Now that market testing has been removed from sponsoring its no longer a requirement to have employ locals first.

So if that's the case then why are all these thousands of Irish people on student visas (that you claimed in other posts) not then sponsored straight away if they are so superior?

Really if what you say is true then there would be no need for people to have to do cheap student course to keep them in the country..... they would be just snapped up straight away would they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

mandrake04 wrote: »
    You might be right Damo but if that's true why doesn't every employer then just sponsor Irish people rather employ natives. Now that market testing has been removed from sponsoring its no longer a requirement to have employ locals first.

So if that's the case then why are all these thousands of Irish people on student visas (that you claimed in other posts) not then sponsored straight away if they are so superior?

Really if what you say is true then there would be no need for people to have to do cheap student course to keep them in the country..... they would be just snapped up straight away would they not?

Fair point but a lot of employers have never sponsored before and are not open to it, its alot cheaper and quicker to just employ a resident, it doesn't mean that the irish person is any less capable.

rightyabe wrote: »
    Fair point but a lot of employers have never sponsored before and are not open to it, its alot cheaper and quicker to just employ a resident, it doesn't mean that the irish person is any less capable.

Ah yeah I understand that am not saying that anyone on a student visa is not capable of doing the job, but sponsoring has never been as easy as it has in the last couple of years. I'm not disagreeing with it.... I was sponsored myself because I had skills/work ethic that was lacking in Australia.

But the way Damo put it that employers are practically lining up at the airport to employ Irish people, it's funny because you see so many threads on here about people struggling to find work.

Imagination in overdrive me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I understand that am not saying that anyone on a student visa is not capable of doing the job, but sponsoring has never been as easy as it has in the last couple of years. I'm not disagreeing with it.... I was sponsored myself because I had skills/work ethic that was lacking in Australia.

But the way Damo put it that employers are practically lining up at the airport to employ Irish people, it's funny because you see so many threads on here about people struggling to find work.

Imagination in overdrive me thinks.

Yeah but if you still mention your on a WHV lots of companies are put of and I think that it could be down to 2 things

1. Back when Ireland was in the "boom" times many irish students took a year out or went travelling for a year after they finished their degree and knew they had job oppertunties available to them back in Ireland, so when they got a job in Oz it was mearly to support their travels and had no intention of seeking sponsorship, so I'm sure many a Oz employer could of been put off by maybe their slack attitude towards work and inability to stay in a job long term.

2. Nowadays their is literally plane loads of Irish landing in Oz most looking for sponsorship, not all these are going to be of great work ethic and just come here because they hear all these pub stories that filter back home of everyone on a $3000 a week job. In my job I have seen at least 15 Irish fellas that came and only lasted a week or two, all were looking for sponsorship but alot couldn't tie their own boots and a lot were bad eggs which off course would put employers off sponsoring other Irish in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod I am failing to see how this is related to an idiot kicking a MP in darwin.
    Damo's point was on track (pointing out we are not the only immigrant group in spotlight)
    but this why aren't the employers sponsoring us is way off track .. so back on track guys.
    I am aware of Damo's view that Irish workers are amazing and Aussies are lazy - we've been there done that too many times.

Advertisement