Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm along fence and wall.

Options
  • 06-08-2012 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I need your help.

My child is constantly climbing our back wall to escape the garden. Now to be honest this would not bother me if our situation was normal but my child is special needs and needs to be contained withing the yard for his own safety.

Now i am not loaded. In fact i am verging on broke. I just wonder is there a system available that you run a wire along the fence and when the wire is shook to vigorous or touched it sets off an alarm.

i dont want anything that shocks my child just alarms me.

The cheaper the better but obv if i could get something that attaches to my belt and alerts me i would pay more.

Thank you in advance.

Note the wire needs to go

12 meters on one fence 8 meters on a back wall on 20 meters on another fence.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Why not one of those child minder devices .
    You attach an electronic bracelet to your child and you get one yourself . When he/she starts to get past a certain distance
    Your bracelet will beep . It can be used for shopping trips too :-)

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/child-locator.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

There was a system called Pulnix used a few years ago that worked on a point to point beam principle,that was designed for outside use.

It created a perimeter that would work on a double knock theory.. i.e. it wouldn't trigger for small animals but would activate for people.

Its a long time since I worked in the security industry , so I,ve no idea of cost but maybe a (younger) more technically minded person might be able to advise you.I'd imagine you might even get a dialler to your phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Why not one of those child minder devices .
    You attach an electronic bracelet to your child and you get one yourself . When he/she starts to get past a certain distance
    Your bracelet will beep . It can be used for shopping trips too :-)

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/child-locator.html[/QUOTE]

My child although disabled is quite fast. He can get away very quick. I kinda need this to alert me sooner then when he is over the fence. Some parts the fnece is closer than others so thats why i am thinking of a fence system. But i did not know this was available so i will look into this as well.

mattjack wrote: »
    There was a system called Pulnix used a few years ago that worked on a point to point beam principle,that was designed for outside use.

It created a perimeter that would work on a double knock theory.. i.e. it wouldn't trigger for small animals but would activate for people.

Its a long time since I worked in the security industry , so I,ve no idea of cost but maybe a (younger) more technically minded person might be able to advise you.I'd imagine you might even get a dialler to your phone too.

Thank you. I will have a look at this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have 2 sets of pulnix or arix beams FOC, need to check later if they are suitable

Advertisement