Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revitalising a new lawn

Options
  • 06-08-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I planted a lawn last October, and for the most part it turned out grand.
    However over the past 4 weeks or so I've noticed a yellow/white tinge across many parts of it.

It doesn't look particularly healthy so I was wondering can anyone recommend something I can put on it to give it a bit of a boost - get it back to being green.
    Someone mentioned fertiliser to me - though I'm not sure if that would be sufficent.

I'm not sure what's causing it be honest. I would have thought the weather we are having was good for the lawn ie a fair bit of rain then blasts of sun. Though maybe it's getting too much rain for this time of year?

Anyone have any advice on this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Quack13 wrote: »
    I planted a lawn last October, and for the most part it turned out grand.
    However over the past 4 weeks or so I've noticed a yellow/white tinge across many parts of it.

It doesn't look particularly healthy so I was wondering can anyone recommend something I can put on it to give it a bit of a boost - get it back to being green.
    Someone mentioned fertiliser to me - though I'm not sure if that would be sufficent.

I'm not sure what's causing it be honest. I would have thought the weather we are having was good for the lawn ie a fair bit of rain then blasts of sun. Though maybe it's getting too much rain for this time of year?

Anyone have any advice on this?

Cheers.
    Could be a form of fungus on the grass. Warm damp conditions are what fungus like. Picture might help to id. It.

Advertisement