Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mass path

Options
  • 06-08-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Did the walk starting at 'brown man'sign top of farrankelly road in to kilcoole main st..3.6 miles..in 1hour 5mins..( map my walk) really really nice walk..flat..fields.streams old buildings..well worth doing..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I tried to do it earlier in the year did not get very far.Turned back i wasnt
    sure if we were trespassing as it seemed to be mostly farmland.
    No sign of a track maybe i was looking in the place.
    Any tips would be helpful Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

bogtreader wrote: »
    I tried to do it earlier in the year did not get very far.Turned back i wasnt
    sure if we were trespassing as it seemed to be mostly farmland.
    No sign of a track maybe i was looking in the place.
    Any tips would be helpful Thanks
    I found it pretty much worked its way in front of me and was easy enough to follow..the path is a little hard to disern at parts but it sort of reveals itself as you walk..recidites detailed directions helped too...they have been posted up here previously..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭woodsy2

Here's the directions Recedite posted at some stage. I still have yet to do this walk due to a terminal bout of laziness...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65887897&postcount=35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

woodsy2 wrote: »
    Here's the directions Recedite posted at some stage. I still have yet to do this walk due to a terminal bout of laziness...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65887897&postcount=35
    Very good directions..i forgot to mention though..the ovrrgrown section is no longer overgrown...its been well cut back all the way down to the no shooting sign.i wonder by who.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I walked it a couple of days ago and found the Kilquade to Farrenkelly section a nightmare. Never again. However the Kilcoole to Kilquade part is just lovely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement