Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my best options?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Guys trying to figure out my best options, any help or opinions welcome.

I have an iPhone 4 , got this on an 18 month contract with o2 in December 2010. This contract finished in June and since then I've used it on o2 prepay. My problem is that I'm a heavy data user. I don't have wifi in the house and use the iPhone for all my Internet browsing. Seem to constantly be using it sitting in front of the tv in the evenings.

O2 offer an add on of 700mb for €9.99. I can sometimes use one of these in 3 days. I estimate I can use maybe 5 add ons in a month. My calls and texts aren't too high. In the month of July I topped up a total of €70 which to me is crazy

I don't want to go on bill pay. I was thinking of getting phone unlocked and using 3 prepay sim for the all you can eat data.

I was also thinking of keeping my 02 number on prepay and buying a cheap phone for this. Reason being all my family and friends are on 02 and have free calls & texts to o2 number as I also do to them. If I change to 3 this option is gone

So I was thinking maybe:

- the iPhone on 3 prepay for data usage. And I can also use the credit for calls etc. top up would be €20 a month

- a cheap phone on o2 prepay that I can use for the free call & texts to my friends and family. Cost of top up €20 every month.

So I'm thinking for €40 a month I could cover what I need. And not be tied into any contracts etc.

Obvious downside is having to carry around 2 phones.

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions? Or alternative options I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Guys just bumping up this question. Saw another couple of posters have similar problems.

It's a few weeks since I asked. Just wondering if anyone knows about any recent offers/specials which may suit me?

Advertisement