Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gael Clichy: Banana incident at Limerick F.C. V. Man City game probed by police

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would wager that the scum involved have no interest in attending games at Jackman Park and even if they do get caught and charged, they will have their free legal aid to help them and some excuse of being drunk/having a rough time in life etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Great, this is just what we need!

****! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought it was An Garda Siochana myself:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Any chance of them being pegged into the docks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Has anybody blamed Suarez yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Terry said Suarez did it, not sure if he was blaming or complementing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Typical scummer ruining it for the rest of us , It came from the stand though i saw it, so shouldn't hard to root the ****er out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Denis was on the field at the time, watertight alibi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Ah the Unireh fans in Limerick...

Regardless, it's an act of vermin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This doesn't come as much surprise to me. Limerick is not a very nice place.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

Yeah because the actions of a couple of scummers is a reflection on how everyone else is there. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Come on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've the height of respect for Gael Clichy after his tweet. He doesn't start ranting or anything like it, he is really smart and puts himself above it all. Thats the best way to treat ****tards like that. They would probably get pleasure out of him ranting and raving if he did it but he doesn't even give them that. Well done sir.
    How sad to see "bananas thrown on the pitch" tonight... Knowing people around the world need food. #nowordsforthis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah because the actions of a couple of scummers is a reflection on how everyone else is there. :rolleyes:
    I didn't say it was a reflection on how everyone else there. But a decent proportion of bad apples can ruin it for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Saw that happen at the game last night and nearly fell off my seat; in this day and age in Ireland ffs. The Limerick players picked it up and threw it off the field. Shocking and embarrassing.

I genuinely hope they find whoever threw it on cctv and string them up on a cross.

On a positive note, Limerick held there own against City and we're only undone by the 4 world class players they had on the field. Clichy was motm; for a friendly the guy gave everything and Denis Suarez looks like a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought it was An Garda Siochana myself:rolleyes:

Síochána. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

"Limerick have promised that any fan found to be involved in the incident will be banned from Limerick matches"

Seeing as at most there was 1 actual Limerick fan out of every 10 attending, I doubt there's anyone in fear of not attending Limerick games in the future.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fantastic way of encouraging English teams to come over :rolleyes:

Absolute moron

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dsmythy wrote: »
    "Limerick have promised that any fan found to be involved in the incident will be banned from Limerick matches"

Seeing as at most there was 1 actual Limerick fan out of every 10 attending, I doubt there's anyone in fear of not attending Limerick games in the future.

What was announced was that anyone involved will be banned from any Limerick match but will also get banned from blanket banned from Thomond Park for any event be it soccer, rugby, concert etc.

But I do agree that the chances of the scummers being actual regulars at Jackman Park is very very slim indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

surely theres some other punishments? legal ones?

retard making it less likley for teams to come back...

Dzeko was class, clichy motm.

santa cruz is finished....disaster of a player now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

surely theres some other punishments? legal ones?
    Police are looking into it so I assume there could be legal repercussions

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

terrible waste of food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

what a stupid moronic act - does he feal all brave and heroic today ?
    - should be forced into a grovelling apology

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hopefully they catch the moron who did it. If you go to a football match only to throw a fcuking banana, you are a truly sad human being that society could do without so please fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Just popped in to see how long it would take Suarez to be brought into it. 6 posts, good to see the boards soccer community is thriving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just popped in to see how long it would take Suarez to be brought into it. 6 posts, good to see the boards soccer community is thriving

Ok, bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

It might have taken 6 posts here but it was the first thing that popped into your head so not sure what your point is really :confused:

And what heavenly place do you come from may I ask ???...There was 20.000 people there if one knob put a banana on the field he's a ****in ape and wil be dealt with, But what about the other 19 or so thousand they were all model supporters and cheered City and Limerick every chance they got ,

So kindly take you're high horse and **** off, Small minded comments are just as bad as the clown who threw the banana i'm sure ye'd get on very well TWAT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Gospel according to CSF.

Quelle Surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Kess73 wrote: »
    ...they will have their free legal aid to help them and some excuse of being drunk/having a rough time in life etc.

... or worse "It was only a bit of craic - having a laugh" - fcukin arsehole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

And what heavenly place do you come from may I ask ???...There was 20.000 people there if one knob put a banana on the field he's a ****in ape and wil be dealt with, But what about the other 19 or so thousand they were all model supporters and cheered City and Limerick every chance they got ,

So kindly take you're high horse and **** off, Small minded comments are just as bad as the clown who threw the banana i'm sure ye'd get on very well TWAT

In fairness fans going to football matches in Limerick tend to have problems leaving the stadium without getting windows smashed/stones thrown by locals with no interest in football, I'm sure it's not a majority but it shouldn't be an unexpected comment on a football forum. Also to not single out Limerick should mention that places like Derry and Dundalk can have similar problems.

To be honest I've been going to limerick games for ages and never once heard of any of this, can't say the same for half the places up in Dublin...specially the inner city ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

can't see the gardai investing any time in this tbh, although the thick that done it should have been grabbed straight away and dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bohsman wrote: »
    In fairness fans going to football matches in Limerick tend to have problems leaving the stadium without getting windows smashed/stones thrown by locals with no interest in football, I'm sure it's not a majority but it shouldn't be an unexpected comment on a football forum. Also to not single out Limerick should mention that places like Derry and Dundalk can have similar problems.

That's complete and other bollox I know there was trouble before with a certain dublin team and a lot of locals come out for revenge but that was a one off.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's complete and other bollox I know there was trouble before with a certain dublin team and a lot of locals come out for revenge but that was a one off.

We'll see next season when Limerick are hopefully back in the Premier but would expect more of the same whenever teams bring big support, not only a Limerick problem as I say. Hell I used to have plenty of friends growing up in Galway who got great thrills from throwing rocks at the train coming in from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Did you know that all LOI fans are hooligans, all Culchies are inbred and all Americans are fat?

Madworld wrote: »
    Did you know that all LOI fans are hooligans, all Culchies are inbred and all Americans are fat?

2 out of 3 aint bad. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

At first I was like "Ah sure a banana is not going to hurt anyone whats the big deal?", then I actually thought about it.... :L innocent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I didn't say it was a reflection on how everyone else there. But a decent proportion of bad apples can ruin it for everyone.

No it was a banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

dsmythy wrote: »

I would wager that an Old Trafford ban would be of more use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought that too till i actually went down to watch city on Sunday,extremely friendly people from taxi men to shop assistants to the stewards in the ground, everyone i met went out of their way to make myself and my daughter feel welcome in the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not the Emirates then?

Have no idea why a United fan would have beef with Clichy, he just goes about his business. Yeah ok he's a City player, but I wouldn't hold anything against him. Quality left back who just gets on with the game.

It was sad to read this morning

I'm sure Fifa will withdraw our best fans in the world award now :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I don't mind Limerick - I got a bottle of beer thrown at me in Jackman Park. Better than a banana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

clichy gael ‏@gael_22 Hi to all the Irish football Lover, limerick and Munster fans. I will never put you guys in the same basket of this/those people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

clichy gael‏@gael_22

The support was great and it was a great day. Thanks again for that. Have a good day guys. #welovefootball

clichy gael‏@gael_22

Hi to all the Irish football Lover, limerick and Munster fans. I will never put you guys in the same basket of this/those people.

Class act. Great footballer. Possible contender for my fantasy team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FutureGuy wrote: »
    clichy gael‏@gael_22

Hi to all the Irish football Lover, limerick and Munster fans. I will never put you guys in the same basket of this/those people..

Wonder how many people at the game that this actually applies to :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Going by your previous posts, you seem to have alot of hatred towards United so I'll take your comment with that in mind. Coming from an ex-Liverpool supporter (as you put it yourself!!!), you'd never think they might be fans from another club (or none at all???)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yes, it would be of use, seeing as United have quite a few black players also.
    clichy gael‏@gael_22

The support was great and it was a great day. Thanks again for that. Have a good day guys. #welovefootball

clichy gael‏@gael_22

Hi to all the Irish football Lover, limerick and Munster fans. I will never put you guys in the same basket of this/those people.

Class act. Great footballer. Possible contender for my fantasy team.

Class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wonder how many people at the game that this actually applies to :D

Well Munster are hugely supported in limerick and they get 26k at every heineken cup game, so I'd say a large amount of them were at this game so his point is fair enough.

Going by your previous posts, you seem to have alot of hatred towards United so I'll take your comment with that in mind. Coming from an ex-Liverpool supporter (as you put it yourself!!!), you'd never think they might be fans from another club (or none at all???)

In fairness Damo is just an angry angry man. My money would be on them being United fans that would struggle to name 11 players similar to the Celtic tracksuit wearing knuckledraggers that give Celtic fans a bad name.

Classy stuff from Clichy though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement