Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gael Clichy: Banana incident at Limerick F.C. V. Man City game probed by police

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

TheDoc wrote: »
    Not the Emirates then?

Have no idea why a United fan would have beef with Clichy, he just goes about his business. Yeah ok he's a City player, but I wouldn't hold anything against him.

You might not, but lets be honest, the chances that some gobsh1te turned up hammered to seek venengance for the PL robbery some United goons have labelled it is highly likely. If it was not a United fan I will eat my own....banana.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You might not, but lets be honest, the chances that some gobsh1te turned up hammered to seek venengance for the PL robbery some United goons have labelled it is highly likely. If it was not a United fan I will eat my own....banana.

Orrr...it could have been an extremely bitter Liverpool fan who lost it because of their dreadful league run (8th last year) and not winning the league in 23 years...I'm sure the sight of the league trophy in Thomond Park instead of Anfield made him crazy with rage...

If it made you give up supporting your team, what else would the anguish cause a man to do!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, I really believe that these bananas had Ballotelli's name on them, given his statement regarding the throwing of bananas at a game.

When he didn't play, they targeted Clichy instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Or it could have been an Arsenal fan unhappy at the dirty mercenary for going elsewhere for money and trophies. Nasri was next for some treatment.

Or it could have been one of those militant League of Ireland fans unhappy at having the cause of barstoolers on their land.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Does it really matter who that particular idiot supports?

CSF wrote: »
    This doesn't come as much surprise to me. Limerick is not a very nice place.

Nice and ignorant as ever. Limerick is a lovely spot and very pleasant city. Those who seem to have a problem with it are the p****s who have never even been to Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Limerick is a lovely spot and very pleasant city.

I know a lot of sound people from Limerick, but the place is grotty, no denying that.

And I've been there plenty of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nice and ignorant as ever. Limerick is a lovely spot and very pleasant city. Those who seem to have a problem with it are the p****s who have never even been to Limerick.

I was in Limerick for a long weekend earlier this year with the Mrs and had a fantastic time. Everyone was extremely friendly.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I know a lot of sound people from Limerick, but the place is grotty, no denying that.

And I've been there plenty of times.

Parts of it are like parts of Dublin City for instance or Cork. All cities have good and bad parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

No use trying to find out who the disgraceful fan follows...we all know it was a GAA fan!

Parts of it are like parts of Dublin City for instance or Cork. All cities have good and bad parts.

At differing levels.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I actually am astounded that I've gotten this much criticism for saying Limerick isn't a nice place. Were any of my critics not from there, or whats the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I actually am astounded that I've gotten this much criticism for saying Limerick isn't a nice place. Were any of my critics not from there, or whats the story?

They disagreed with you...what difference does it matter where they are from, the most dissappointing aspect of this affair is that Limerick people know better than most how hurtful other people's bigotted critisms of race / place of birth actually is...it is a matter of pride that whenever you enter a Limk FC game you are reminded of this...which is why it is not tolerated, and will never be tolerated.

From the feed back the club have received is appears that a number of people who had never been to Limerick / Thomond Park left with nothing but pleasant memories of the event...roll on next year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If you criticize a person/place/religion/whatever, expect people to defend what you have ''attacked''. Human nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have been heading in limerick for about 13 or 14 years now and never got into any trouble, the scumbags tend to keep to there own so as long as you avoid a few pubs and a few estates it's a grand place.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    I have been heading in limerick for about 13 or 14 years now and never got into any trouble, the scumbags tend to keep to there own so as long as you avoid a few pubs and a few estates it's a grand place.
    All my trips except one, have been football, and in all my trips I have encountered some sort of trouble. Now I understand that my trips being football means the chances of that happening are much greater than someone who just lives and works in Limerick, but I've been all over Ireland quite frequently, and the trouble has been proportionately much higher than anywhere else.

Of course I can only speak from my own experiences, and my opinion, and others will undoubtedly have positive experiences and opinions, but my opinion is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

All my trips except one, have been football, and in all my trips I have encountered some sort of trouble. Now I understand that my trips being football means the chances of that happening are much greater than someone who just lives and works in Limerick, but I've been all over Ireland quite frequently, and the trouble has been proportionately much higher than anywhere else.

Of course I can only speak from my own experiences, and my opinion, and others will undoubtedly have positive experiences and opinions, but my opinion is what it is.

Maybe it was your fault.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Maybe it was your fault.
    Maybe. Maybe it was yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Maybe. Maybe it was yours.

Dunno, it's just that you seem like a contemptible prick.

From the feed back the club have received is appears that a number of people who had never been to Limerick / Thomond Park left with nothing but pleasant memories of the event...roll on next year...

Surely it's "roll on the next Limerick home match". :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Surely it's "roll on the next Limerick home match". :confused:

Limerick don't play their home games in Thomand park, these quotes were about teams coming to Thomand park every year in a deal they have.

Advertisement