Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question?

• 06-08-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Am on hols in Gran Canaria and want to the Katie Taylor fight later.Have my iPad 2 with me and wifi in our room.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.rte.ie/player/ should show it, check it out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Aertv.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Bump... Neither aertv or the app seem to work outside of Ireland

Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

You could make a Facetime call to someone at home who has Facetime & get them to aim their device at their tv. Not ideal, but would do the trick.

Have you checked with any local Irish bars to see if they will be showing it? They usually show soccer matches, so can't see why they wouldn't be showing the fight.

You could make a Facetime call to someone at home who has Facetime & get them to aim their device at their tv. Not ideal, but would do the trick.

Have you checked with any local Irish bars to see if they will be showing it? They usually show soccer matches, so can't see why they wouldn't be showing the fight.

Want to see if there is any other way b4 having to travel into the local bars.Tried the FaceTime and its very hit and miss.Can't believe RTE won't let the fight be seen on the app outside of Ireland just this one time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

I think Eurosport were streaming it on "Stream 4". From what I remember of a post yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Who's the Spanish Olympic broadcaster? They might be doing streams of all events on their website/iOS app. In Spanish, but that's an improvement on Jimmy McGee...

Who's the Spanish Olympic broadcaster? They might be doing streams of all events on their website/iOS app. In Spanish, but that's an improvement on Jimmy McGee...

Tried that,mite swell be reading double Dutch!!!

It looks as if it's going to be streamed here:
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Scroll over to Boxing or enter boxing in the searchbox, & go down to the 9th August.
    51kg, 60kg and 75kg Fin - (W)
    09-Aug-12. Starts 15:30 GMT

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What about FilmOn?

Maybe the BBC would be showing the fight.

• Advertisement

It looks as if it's going to be streamed here:
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Scroll over to Boxing or enter boxing in the searchbox, & go down to the 9th August.
    51kg, 60kg and 75kg Fin - (W)
    09-Aug-12. Starts 15:30 GMT

When I hit the link it's all in Spanish,will have to try figure it out,.On your side in Engish can you see anywhere to change the language???

Thanks for all your advice so far lads keeping em comming,cheers

brian2614 wrote: »
    When I hit the link it's all in Spanish,will have to try figure it out,.On your side in Engish can you see anywhere to change the language???
    No, there's no option to change language, but for what it's worth the spanish for boxing is boxeo, so try entering that or combate de boxeo, or pelea de boxeo in the playlist box (spanish for playlist is lista de reproducción)

BBC1 are showing the boxing from 4pm, so FilmOn might be a good option, as Dades suggested.

brian2614 wrote: »
    No, there's no option to change language, but for what it's worth the spanish for boxing is boxeo, so try entering that or combate de boxeo, or pelea de boxeo in the playlist box (spanish for playlist is lista de reproducción)

BBC1 are showing the boxing from 4pm, so FilmOn might be a good option, as Dades suggested.

Lads thank so much for your help,will try it anyway and let ya know how I get on.Cons on Katie!!!

Thanks for all the help lads,have the fight on my iPad via bbc 1 on the filmon app,buzzin.

Cheers

Advertisement