Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm panel with 3 modes: home, away + 1 more

Options
  • 06-08-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I currently have a visionic powermaxx panel that allows you to arm either home or away settings. I would like to have a third option to arm a different subset of PIRs (e.g. disable certain sensors to allow the dog to roam about). Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced panel that can do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Do Visonic have pet immune PIR's?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

kub wrote: »
    Do Visonic have pet immune PIR's?

They have pet friendly PIRs, but I understand that these can still be triggered if the dog jumps up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

dubber wrote: »
    I currently have a visionic powermaxx panel that allows you to arm either home or away settings. I would like to have a third option to arm a different subset of PIRs (e.g. disable certain sensors to allow the dog to roam about). Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced panel that can do this?

Home and away is it. A few options would be to either inhibit the motion when arming the system or else cover the windows in the room and disable the motion detector altogether.

Advertisement