Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for information on Website

Options
  • 06-08-2012 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am looking to build a social media type website, offering informational content to an array of people in a variety of classes..

I am looking to get the site build via GURU.Com as this seems to be well regarded by business collegues of mine.

Are there any pitfall or things I should be aware of using such a system? Are hosting fees expensive every year?

Also I would be looking to offering advertising opportunites on the site. I have little or no graphic design skills to design an ad and place it on the website. Are there software that can do this? Or companies that work on a commision basis for design of such

Any assistance or guidance in this regard would be great. I am unable to divulge the exact scope of the site but any assistance in relation to development and what I need to do when working with freelancers would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't use Guru.com but I do use Elance and Scriptlance (or Freelancer.com as it is now :(). All of the freelancer marketplace sites have really good tips on outsourcing - I'd advise you to start there and come back with specific questions here after reading.

Hosting fees are usually a very insignificant business expense - anywhere between $5and $50 per month for a range of services. You'll be talking more than that if you get a lot of traffic (at which point your income should well match).

You can outsource the graphic design of banner ads very easily, you can find quality designers who will produce a range of standard size banners for about $20 each

Advertisement