Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge cheque made out to my son

Options
  • 06-08-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My 4 year old son won 50 euro in a raffle that his grandfather entered him for. The cheque is in my sons name, so can I still lodge it in my a/c ?
    It's a Boi cheque and I'm with Aib.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Is it crossed? If not get son to sign it then you sign it and then lodge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

As above if it is not crossed bring it into your local branch and explain, preferably bring your son with you and they will more than likely make an exception for you. They will not require your sons signature taking regard to his age. If the cheque is crossed it can only be lodged into an ac in his name. It is easy to open an ac in any branch if you have your own ac there and cja approval/folio number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Update: wife brought young lad in and he signed it, lodged no bother.
    Thanks for advice.

Advertisement