Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it that time already? Yup, I think it's Beers time! (Oslo Saturday 9pm)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Áras na nGael
    Jim wrote: »
    o_O

Sorry, did I not tell you?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dail Bar
    Can we make the poll multi optional?
    Poll can't be changed now.
    Choose date that suits best and if another date wins and you still can go, go.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

O'Connor's Famous Pub
    Have never managed to get to one of these, hopefully will make this one :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dail Bar
    free bump, as this isn't a stickied thread :D, gotta keep it on page one after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Áras na nGael
    Right, 24/25th it is.

Now, do we want friday or saturday peoples?

• Advertisement

Dail Bar
    24th/25th As voted by angeloghiotto, ItAintMeBabe, lampsie, Seaneh, sea_monkey, skinny90, s_carnage, wprathead

New poll added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Áras na nGael
    Just voted for Saturday, for us peoples who work on Saturdays thus making Friday nights a school night :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dail Bar
    Both Saturday and Friday suit me so what ever day wins I shall endevour to show up, nah I'll be there for sure, had a great time at the last beers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ye might get a later pint ( or two) in Salthill now the town Guards are clearing pubs at official closing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Salthouse
    Saturday 25th is good for me.

• Advertisement

Dail Bar
    I'm away before that weekend but should be back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dail Bar
    0 Votes for The Dáil.

This pleases me.

O'Connor's Famous Pub
    soo, this is dumb but...I've never been to one of these, how does it work? Do we all turn up and nervously start posting on boards via smartphone til we all figure out who we are?

Áras na nGael
    lampsie wrote: »
    soo, this is dumb but...I've never been to one of these, how does it work? Do we all turn up and nervously start posting on boards via smartphone til we all figure out who we are?

Well I'll post a recent photo of me in know your Galwegians closer to the time so you can at least have a notion who you're looking for.

Some people share numbers beforehand too.

Then there's biko's "flag"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Salthouse

Just wear a badge.

Áras na nGael
    If biko is there, convince him to bring his handkerchief!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Saturday 25th

I went to one of these in the Beerhouse, and I ended up sitting at the bar on my own because I couldn't figure out which group was the boards group and, being the shy and retiring type, I felt too stupid to ask.

I ended up going home after about half an hour, only to read the next day about how good an evening it was. :(

Dail Bar
    If im wearing anything distinctive I'll make sure to post what to look out for in this thread, and as a lot of us have smartphones someone is bound to post approx details of where they're sitting.

Áras na nGael
    Those of us without smartphones will just have to wing it and look for the internet people!

Áras na nGael
    You know the way on blind dates in the 80s and early 90s before mobile phones, the would-be couple would recognise each other by wearing a carnation of an agreed colour in their lapel?

Well I'll bring this with me and leave it on our table:

Nestle%20-%20Carnation%20-%20Condensed%20Milk.JPG

Guaranteed it will be the only table with a can of condensed milk on it.

• Advertisement

Dail Bar
    A good idea, it will definitely help thoNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Áras na nGael
    Might just wear a top hat so people will know who I am.

Áras na nGael

We all bring a can of condensed milk.

Edit,

Das Kitty beat me to it.

Áras na nGael
    So I reckon it's safe to wrap it up so?

Wanna remove the Poll Biko?

Saturday the 25th in Oslo?

Let's sat 9pm?

Can we get a poll with "will you be coming" and the options being yes, no, atari jaguar? That way I can get an idea of numbers and book a table.

Booking a table = free chips and buttermilk fried chicken.

nomnomnomnomnom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Oslo
    Oslo on the 25th sounds good to me. See you all there!

p.s. If there isn't a can of condensed milk on the table, I intend on making a scene, then storming out.

O'Connor's Famous Pub
    OK excellent, I'll be on the lookout for a table with a flag, a top-hatted gentleman, and a lady guarding a tin of condensed milk, all scoffing chips and fried chicken while another gentleman creates a scene. Shouldn't be too hard to spot...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Áras na nGael
    I"m just imagining what will happen with about 20 cans of condensed milk in the Oslo...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Áras na nGael

in the same boat mate
    from the looks of it it looks like alot the posters here know eachother already so was half worried wouldn't be able to spot them from just another group...

..thanks jaysus for Condensed Milk :pac:

plus never been to the Olso looking forward to it

Dail Bar
    Is anyone baking? I think someone should bake.

• Advertisement

Áras na nGael
    Is anyone baking? I think someone should bake.

Pretty sure the Oslo wouldn't let people bring in food, otherwise, I would totally bring you all cake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement