If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Wanted

Options
  • 06-08-2012 2:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My TV is giving up the ghost I think and I'll have to replace it, the only thing is my TV is currently wall mounted will a built in cabinet underneath it, with that in mind the overall size of the TV is as important as the actual size.

My current TV is 49.5" wide by 24.5" and is 4.5" out from the wall. Specs wise for the TV, I don't mind if it's LED, LCD or Plasma but want as high a spec as possible, 3D doesn't bother me either, I don't know if I'd use any Smart functionality either as I have a VU+ Ultimo as a satellite box, I am a bit of a Samsung fan but I don't mind getting another brand. I guess budget wise I would be looking at ~2k delivered to Clare.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi,

My TV is giving up the ghost I think and I'll have to replace it, the only thing is my TV is currently wall mounted will a built in cabinet underneath it, with that in mind the overall size of the TV is as important as the actual size.

My current TV is 49.5" wide by 24.5" and is 4.5" out from the wall. Specs wise for the TV, I don't mind if it's LED, LCD or Plasma but want as high a spec as possible, 3D doesn't bother me either, I don't know if I'd use any Smart functionality either as I have a VU+ Ultimo as a satellite box, I am a bit of a Samsung fan but I don't mind getting another brand. I guess budget wise I would be looking at ~2k delivered to Clare.

Thanks in advance

OK Clareman,

firstly apologies for the delay getting back to you - we appear to have answered posts all around you before we got to your post :o

If you can squeeze the limits just a titchy bit - I have a great deal for you - I have one Panasonic TXL47WT50 which normally retails at £2000, we are discounting it to £1799.95 and I'll do it at just €1999.99 delivered to your door.. (thats about €450 cheaper than I can see it advertsied anywhere in the ROI ;))

The exact dimensions are 1066 x 630 x 27 which translates to approx 41.7 inches wide by 24.8 (thats the tricky bit - its about 3/8ths of an inch higher than your existing TV) I would guess your existing Tv has side mounted speakers which were common some years ago but is now never seen at all (unfortunately in some cases)

In terms of specifications the 47WT50 really is completely top notch with a new IPS LED panel with 1600Hz backlight scanning and a dual core processor for completely stunning picture quality.

At the heart of this TV is a dual core processor that's more powerful than any seen in previous Panasonic TVs. Its just one of the best of any TV - it's that good!
    The processor incorporates Pure Image and Vivid Colour Creation, Facial retouch, Web Smoother and 1080p Pure Direct for the most detailed and natural picture quality you're likely to see from an LED TV. The Web Smoother gives smoother, less jagged images from online video content and works a treat with low resolution content from sites such as YouTube. Combined with the faster processing is a new 1600Hz backlight scanning system that helps deliver the smoothest motion. This scanning refresh rate is faster than ever and helps deliver one of the smoothest and most satisfying picture qualities in its class - especially with fast-moving sports events. As the name suggests, Clear Panel Pro offers a more transparent image, with fine detail more readily apparent. Unique to the high-end Panasonic Viera TVs, isf mode allows professional fine tuning of the picture for image quality that's perfectly matched to its surroundings. Finally, the 'Infinite' contrast ratio gives the deepest blacks possible from this technology, bright whites and vivid colours all combining to make the picture one of the best there is.

ACTIVE 3D TV WITH 2D TO 3D CONVERSION AND FACE DETECTION

Using an active shutter system, the Panasonic TX-L47WT50 gives you the very highest resolution images in glorious 3D. This sophisticated system allows for Full 1080p HD images to be displayed in 3D, giving you greater detail and brightness than passive 3D systems. With 2D to 3D conversion, you're free to enjoy any material shown on the TV in brilliant 3D - including TV programs, home videos and even content stored on USB or SD card files! Thanks to its dual core processor, the TXL47WT50 is also able to use more sophisticated processing for 3D conversion including face detection for more natural depth imaging.

SUPERIOR SOUND

In addition to improved picture quality, the Panasonic TX-L47WT50 also features superior sound quality. The V-Audio sound processing system is matched by eight, directional speakers and a separate subwoofer. This not only gives a spacious, detailed sound but also a deeper, richer sound than lesser TVs. There are also both analogue and optical digital audio outputs; allowing you to easily improve the sound quality via a separate hi-fi or home cinema system.

BETTER THAN EVER NETWORKING WITH BUILT-IN WI-FI AND BLUETOOTH

When it comes to connecting up, the TXL47WT50 is the best Panasonic yet. Unlike other Panasonic TVs, the TXL47WT50 comes with Bluetooth connectivity. You can use this to connect up a keyboard or audio device - wire free. Featuring both built-in freesat HD and Freeview HD tuners, the TX-L47WT50 is ideal for making the most of High Definition TV - from aerial or dish. VIERA Connect brings together a host of features that make this much more than 'just' a TV. Stream video, photos and music from another source, such as your PC, via DLNA. Alternatively, use the Application-based browser to view shopping based functions, social media Apps and catch-up TV channels. New to this model is a web browser and media player. The web browser also supports HTML5 pages, ensuring you can surf the web just as you would do on a PC. Use one of the three USB or the SD card inputs and enjoy music from many different file types via the dedicated media player. Finally, there's the USB hard drive recording PVR option. Simply connect an external USB Hard Disc Drive and the VIERA remote will treat it like a Hard Disc Drive, allowing you to not only record TV but also rewind live TV.

With such a comprehensive networking ability, it's good to see that the TXL47WT50 gives you the choice of connecting by either Ethernet or the built-in wi-fi - no extra dongle required.

THE SLEEKEST STYLING TO MATCH THE TECH

If all this wasn't enough, the TXL47WT50 has to be the best looking TV produced by Panasonic. Featuring a super-slim metal bezel and unique crescent-shaped stand, the TXL47WT50 now has the sleek style to outdo its rivals. At just 27mm thick, it's not just one of the slimmest Panasonic TVs ever, but also one of the slimmest TVs in its class, period.

apologies again for the delay getting back to you and please dont hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way and remember - it could be snuggled up in your front room on Tuesday evening if you order it before 12.00 tomorrow ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No bother John, I've being doing a lot of researching on TVs for the last bit, but the problem I'm having with the whistling seems to have gone away so I don't think I'll be in the market for a TV just yet, but I'll get back onto you ASAP if I need a TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi again, 

Sorry for the bump but the problem I was having is showing up again, any more deals going on at the moment?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Clareman,

Thanks for coming back to us :)

Been a few changes in the TV world since your last post.  We just got the new Samsung F7000 model in and it's well worth looking at.  Unreal quality and an endless list of features.  Current price on this is £1,599.00 and includes a free 5 year guarantee.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue46f7000/sams-ue46f7000

Let me know what you think.

Chris

That looks beautiful alright, how much would it be to get it delivered to Ennis?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Clareman wrote: »
    That looks beautiful alright, how much would it be to get it delivered to Ennis?
    Hi Clareman.

We could have the 46F7000 ship for just £29.95

I you would like to place the order you can call us on 0044 333 900 0070 or PM us your contact number and we can give you a bell.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.