Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disruption of Water Supply/Contaminated Water

Options
  • 06-08-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the radio the the water in Dublin City failed a safety. Anyone know whats going on?

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

stevek93 wrote: »
    Just heard on the radio the the water in Dublin City failed a safety. Anyone know whats going on?

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/
    Conaminated with what???? :-(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just got my free bag of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

PucaMama wrote: »
    Conaminated with what???? :-(

Not sure it failed a safety test.

ixoy wrote: »
    Just got my free bag of water!

Good stuff. In Coolock area here not listed on the site but close enough to Clontarf going boil the water till its safe again. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bayareayogi

Just in case you are from one of the affected roads in D3 - it's not safe to use the water at all EVEN after boiling. Not safe to use it to cook with or brush teeth even. So bottled water only until further notice. More details on www.dublincity.ie

• Advertisement

Just in case you are from one of the affected roads in D3 - it's not safe to use the water at all EVEN after boiling. Not safe to use it to cook with or brush teeth even. So bottled water only until further notice. More details on www.dublincity.ie

Wonder how this happen I could be here in Coolock drinking contaminated water that has seeped from Clontarf. :pac:

Well do we know even when this contamination began? It could have been there for ages and chances are a small amount won't have a huge impact. Surprised though that boiling isn't sufficient - it doesn't specifically mention that.

I do know that DCC were working in the area on Saturday (my water went off during that time) - I wonder if that's when they discovered it? Seems likely given it was two days later (assuming they didn't trigger anything).

Well do we know even when this contamination began? It could have been there for ages and chances are a small amount won't have a huge impact. Surprised though that boiling isn't sufficient - it doesn't specifically mention that.

I do know that DCC were working in the area on Saturday (my water went off during that time) - I wonder if that's when they discovered it? Seems likely given it was two days later (assuming they didn't trigger anything).

So DDC contaminated the water supply. :D

Getting somewhat contradictory information: The DCC map has my estate within the boundary of the affected area but the individual list of affected streets does not include my estate. I rang up the Water Supply Office but they only have the same list of streets in the call centre. Might be in the clear for me.

Getting somewhat contradictory information: The DCC map has my estate within the boundary of the affected area but the individual list of affected streets does not include my estate. I rang up the Water Supply Office but they only have the same list of streets in the call centre. Might be in the clear for me.

Only way to find out is to drink the water and see what happens. :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement