Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

john smiths???

Options
  • 06-08-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

anyone know of an off licence that sells john smiths...got a huge taste for it when in england and would dearly love another go on it !!! thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You'll have to go up north, I'd say. Or try something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭eurokev

A lot of places in ireland do belhaven best and it is very similar, I drink that when im in scotland, failing that every offy should do kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭donaghs

Think I saw it in Redmonds in Ranelagh about 2 years ago. If you give them a call they might still have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Kilkenny Cream Ale is a good substitute. Can't beat John Smiths though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Ive bought it in Tesco a few times, they get it in now and again, at least my local one does anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Kilkenny Cream Ale is a good substitute. Can't beat John Smiths though.

I was quite partial to indulging a few pints of John Smiths daily when living in the UK.

It's one of the cheaper ales but I really like the taste.

It wasn't until someone pointed out to me that it's like Kilkenny or Smithwicks that I realised this.

So yeah, Kilkenny is a fantastic substitute for John Smiths, although it is probably more carbonated.

Advertisement