Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur with autofocus when videoing with Canon IXUS 300 HS

Options
  • 06-08-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I've just started to use my Canon IXUS 300 HS for video capture as opposed to photography but find that the auto focus is causing blur every few seconds, resulting in the majority of the footage being out of focus.

Anybody know of a solution to this problem?

I'll have to buy a new camera all together if I can't solve it. Shame, for anyone interested in this model, the low light capture is excellent, there are plenty of great features & it's very usable, but the video is more problematic. Blur is a constant problem, and only ten minutes of footage can be captured at a time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your going to have problems like this with just about any cameras autofocus. The obvious solution when it happens is to switch to manual focus, although I don't know if that's possible with that camera.

I've found it's usually a problem when your filming a moving object (either it's moving or you are), up close in differing light levels. Filming things at a distance shouldn't be an issue, with a small camera like that you'd want to be sure your not covering any focusing sensors on the front of the camera.

Moving slower should give the camera more time to adjust to different scenes in front of it, you can always speed it up once you get it onto a computer. Maybe try evening up the light across the scene so your not jumping from light to dark or visa versa.

At the end of the day if you can't control all the different settings like focusing manually your at the mercy of what the camera decides to do.

Advertisement