Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Premier Elements...any good for video editing?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if any of you have ever used Adobe Premier Elements?

I wanted to try Premier Pro but at the moment i don't have any computer capable of running that particular program (trying to sort that at moment) but looking at elements it seems like a nice little option for the meantime.

Have any of you used it? Would it be better than something like windows movie maker?

And crucially does it allow editing frame by frame if necessary (need to sync sound from external device)?

I'm used to using Final Cut Pro at college but i've no mac or (as i was saying earlier) any pc capable of running any of the pc based proper editing suites but I just want to keep chipping away as best i can until i can afford to upgrade and get the good stuff...at the moment I can't do anything at all.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

No one any experience of Adobe Premier Elements then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have Adobe première pro, I don't think elements is a huge departure from pro it just lacks many of the higher end features but essentially works the same way, that being it has a timeline and layers.

It will probably be a frustrating step down from final cut pro though as you'll be losing a lot of control. That's only a guess though I've no actual experience with the program. I don't know that it would be any less power hungry either. Try the trial and see if it works for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

At a guess the specs for Elements arn't that much lower then Pro so you may struggle to run it. I've used it and pro briefly, its good for basic to intermediate editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

ScumLord wrote: »
    I have Adobe première pro, I don't think elements is a huge departure from pro it just lacks many of the higher end features but essentially works the same way, that being it has a timeline and layers.

It will probably be a frustrating step down from final cut pro though as you'll be losing a lot of control. That's only a guess though I've no actual experience with the program. I don't know that it would be any less power hungry either. Try the trial and see if it works for you.

Yeah i'd imagine it'll be a fairly noticeable step-down from FCP alright...saying that I've had to put something together using WMM before which was not fun and resulted in what looked like a 70s Danish overdubbed advert...so i'm hoping it'll be an improvement on that at least...if it allows me to edit frame by frame it'll be something at least,
    Rew wrote: »
    At a guess the specs for Elements arn't that much lower then Pro so you may struggle to run it. I've used it and pro briefly, its good for basic to intermediate editing.

That is a bit of a concern though...i'll download the trial and hopefully it'll run well enough that I'll get some gauge of it's applications

Thanks lads!

Advertisement