Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to feature on Nationwide

Options
  • 06-08-2012 4:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

RTE Waterford are putting together a special programme for Nationwide today at 7pm on the weekend just gone boy and 20 years of Spraoi. Spotted this from Damien Tiernan on twitter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this the sop to "towen" having being given the bums rush by Creedon?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

mike65 wrote: »
    Is this the sop to "towen" having being given the bums rush by Creedon?! ;)

Whatever it is, I'm glad to have it! :) Glad to see Spraoi being more nationally recognised! I'm not pulling out the poppers and bunting for RTE just yet though... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

watching it now, great exposure for the city

Great show so far- "town" looks great! :)

Forgot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Only saw thread now, missed it!!! Would it be on Player?

Forgot.

I'm sure the RTE Player will have it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Rte plus one or rte player . Good programme to be honest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So we are satisfied that RTE knew we existed and didn't get us confused with Kilkenny, ya?

Sully wrote: »
    So we are satisfied that RTE knew we existed and didn't get us confused with Kilkenny, ya?

...and things had just calmed down around here! :p

Seriously though, yeah, very good programme, thanks RTE! About time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Waterford City got very good exposure and looked great.

Just caught it on +1 (possibly the first ever time I've used that option!). I liked the coverage of the museums, very interesting work going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Just caught it on +1 (possibly the first ever time I've used that option!). I liked the coverage of the museums, very interesting work going on there.

That new one behind the Theatre Royal looks fantastic.

Just watched it on the RTE Player, absolutely fantastic, the city looked amazing, very proud of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Excellent programme - portrayed the city in a very positive light indeed. The place really looked good!

I hope John Creedon was watching! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Is it just me or is Mary Kennedy getting better looking with age

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

you're not wrong s28382.

S28382 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Mary Kennedy getting better looking with age

She looked great, I was only saying the same thing to my mother. And I want to know where she got her necklace and bracelet because I want them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just watched it there. Great production and great publicity for Waterford. Perfect the way they focused on both Spraoi and the tourism side of Waterford in general. Top marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

In case some of you missed it - here a link: http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10040273

• Advertisement

We are on Nationwide again. Whoo!

Sully wrote: »
    We are on Nationwide again. Whoo!

watching it now, nice piece (RTE really are pandering to us after the "cities" faux pas :D)

What was the focus on tonight?

...it was about a book being launched explaining the history of the CITY, and encouraging primary school kids to visit and explore the viking triangle, receiving a stamp in the book at each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

nice_very wrote: »
    ...it was about a book being launched explaining the history of the CITY, and encouraging primary school kids to visit and explore the viking triangle, receiving a stamp in the book at each.

PDF version here: http://www.waterfordcity.ie/documents/misc/Waterford-Where%20I%20live-WEB.pdf

Why doesn't the Viking Triangle have a dedicated website?

Should they develop a Bunratty Castle style banqueting the Viking way feature? Sure its screams tourist trap but so what? I dunno if there is anywhere in the triangle that could be adapted for a permanent home, I see they did one on the quay during the Harvest Festival.

Advertisement