Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rideon Lawnmowers - John Deere X155R or X 300R

Options
  • 06-08-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi guys,

Looking for some advice. I am looking at getting a John Deere ride-on lawnmower. Have been using a push mower and it is taking 3 hours each weekend to keep it in some reasonable shape.

I have 1 acre of flat lawn and I am trying to decide between the John Deere x155R or the x300r (now replaced with x305r).

The sales reps are all advising about the x155r but they have these in stock and maybe they are just trying to clear them before the end of the season. Very few have a x 300r in stock.

The x300r is about EUR 1500 more than the x155r so it is a lot of money and wondering is the x300r worth the extra money.

Has anyone got either of these and what is your experience with them.
    In particular - does the grass clog when gathering using the X155r.
    The x300r has a fan assist blower to power the grass up back in the box - is this just a sales gimmick though.

The x300r has a Kawasaki engine while the x155r has a Briggs & Stratton engine of same HP. Is the Kawasaki engine an overkill for my size of lawn?

Also - can anyone confirm for certain if the x155r is just a rebrand of castelgarden. I know that some of the JD models are rebrands like the LR series. Castelgardens looks to be a good machines but if I am paying for a JD machine, I'd prefer to get a JD rather than a rebrand and just pay more for it.

Finally - if you have bought one of these recently I woiuld be interested to know where you bought and the price you paid - PM me if you like).

Any advice would be really appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    BS

Advertisement