Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the Win! FGT - Fighting Games Talk

Options
  • 06-08-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Hope all is well and good with everyone and that tournaments are still going strong! I’ve been working away with Bord Na Mona since finishing college so apologies for the lateness of this post.

I’ve attached a copy of the Anthropology Research Thesis; data from this research thesis is available upon request but only to those who took part in the research... what those members chose to do with their data is up to them :) I delight in saying that not only did I get a First for my undergraduate Thesis and finish with a First Class Double Honours Degree but I was also awarded a John Hume Scholarship... so I'll be able to study for a PhD in Anthropology. The Scholarship will allow me to bring the research I did with you guys and much more to PhD level!! I’ll be going back to college this September and doing more lectures for year 1 but for year 2 to 4 I’ll be doing in-depth research into FGT – Fighting Games Talk and other form of Live Talk and Computer-Mediated Activity.

I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone in the Fighting Games Community! None of this would have been possible without your continued support and guidance. The title of the PhD project (or book so my Lecture is pushing for) is called ‘Live Talk and Computer Mediated Activity’; I decided to to stick with the same title as I had for my Undergraduate Thesis. Has a nice ring to it.

All questions and comments welcome.

Many thanks

Rach :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can't believe there's a thesis in the world in which "backforwardgay" is actually used.

How awesome is that.

(And no, I'd never seen this before now myself!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Bloody hell, congratulations Rachel! Those are some seriously awesome results, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Congratulations Rachel.

To celebrate, AJ and DooM should get you a new dog to keep Zeus company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Wow, well done on the results, you most be over the moon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just read it there Rachel, a very interesting read. Congrats on your phenomenal results.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Very interesting read, delighted for you with those results!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Someone put this on SRK RandomSelect.ie home page.
    Original content!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Clearly I am biased but it's an interesting read. Congrats on ze results.....:)

Advertisement