Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mulranny pier...wtf??

Options
  • 06-08-2012 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

All I will say is...what a fcuking disgrace. Awfull looking at the father of a young cycling family quickly turning his wife and kids around when he realises that, no...those 27 caravans are Not tourists...

The filth and rubbish lying around is something to behold. Should they be moved on or do they have every right to be there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Yes of course they should be moved but as long as they dont move to my town!!!

Same crap up and down the country we had them down the road a few weeks ago and they left the place trashed as usual. Then you see the traveller representative group's on the tv saying that the travellers that do this are a small minority and its not fair that travellers are all painted with the same brush...sorry travellers but ye seem to have a very very large minority that wreck the place when they pull in.

That said there was a couple of family's pulled in nearby for over 2 years and they kept the place reasonable well. I'd say that these travellers were the actual minority imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

hiram wrote: »
    All I will say is...what a fcuking disgrace. Awfull looking at the father of a young cycling family quickly turning his wife and kids around when he realises that, no...those 27 caravans are Not tourists...

The filth and rubbish lying around is something to behold. Should they be moved on or do they have every right to be there??

In Ballina once the moved into the parking points of the beleek woods. As soon as they left the County Council build barriers to stop caravans entering. They did the same in the swimming pool when they went up there.

I honestly (not being cynical) I honestly don't see what gives them the right to setup camp, litter it, and expect the County c to come along afterwards and clean up after them.

I suppose at the end of the day they simply don't care. They know the image they have and the don't make any effort to change that image.

Any time we discuss them on boards.ie the threads get closed, why because there is nothing good to say about some of them.

Its great to be part of a community that lives outside the law of the land and expects the rest of the country to respect their "traditions and way of life"

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eyeinthesky

When the local authorities continue to sit on their hands and take action after the arrival of the convoy costing the tax payer thousands of euros the invasions will continue. I am not saying they can be everywhere at once but there are certain areas known to be obvious high risk one might imagine action to be taken but then again when council officials apparently do not have to account for actions no wonder the country is in this position. With regard to the do godders famous word Minority it is time they come into the real world and see that Minority does not mean what they say it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

It is their culture.

I havent been there but I presume they are on the saltmarsh opposite the beach. Difficult to fence that area off as it is owned by local farmers afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

send them to castlebar
    they know what to do with them there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

neiphin wrote: »
    send them to castlebar
    they know what to do with them there

We don't Want any more of them around our town.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

We are closing this thread, its run its course and we don't like the way some of the post are going.

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

you expect people to be happy about it ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement