Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in Dublin City?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in the city centre that offers a decent breakfast early in the morning? I'm arriving on the 6am ferry and I'd like to get something to eat before I head back to Athlone.

Preferably somewhere that offers more than the traditional Irish breakfast and perferably somewhere that does their bacon crispy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd say cafe kylemore on O Connel street or Annes Bakery on Mary street.

Not sure about crispy bacon but they'd be as good as full Irish as you would get.
    Will there not be food on the ferry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056704768

Lots of good places recommended here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

+1 on Kylemore cafe - Few places on upper O Connell st do early morning breakfast also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

The food on the ferry is crap and over-priced to be honest.

Do any of the places you suggested offer omelettes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Eddie Rockets on O'Connell St - I was there early in the day for lunch once, and remarked to my friend on the number of builders in the place (hi-vis jackets everywhere). My friend, who used to work for Eddies, said it was because they served a cooked breakfast really early in the morning.

If they're patronised by builders, they're probably doing something right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Demonique wrote: »
    The food on the ferry is crap and over-priced to be honest.

Do any of the places you suggested offer omelettes?

Dont know about omemettes but you would be able to get scrambled egg and toast - most places will have menu's outside on boards or on the wall that you can see before you go in

Advertisement