Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Locations to Rent?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am due to start a job (in the city centre) in 3 weeks and am hoping I can get some advice as to where would be the ideal location for me as I'm not very familiar with Dublin.

Going into this job straight from graduating so I'm young and have no links to anyone in the area so I'd be wondering whether getting involved in a house-share or renting my own place would be advisable. The budget is flexible, 400-500 per month (could go up to 600 at a stretch) though saving cash is preferable.

My own inclination would be somewhere near UCD as I'd guess there is an atmosphere suited to young people. Staying in the city centre is another option, though I have a basic directional knowledge of the south and it would be (marginally) closer to home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Ranelagh would be a good place to start looking. It's full of students and student accommodation, has decent night life, is on the green LUAS and is near to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Milltown is another option. Same type of resident as ranelagh

Advertisement