Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coney Island

Options
  • 06-08-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering does anyone know what the story is with camping on Coney Island?

Illegal/frowned on/grand sure?

I can find references to camping online but not a cut and dry answer... Am I going to anger any islanders by camping there?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

As far as I know, there's no problem with camping there (so long as you clean up etc, obv!)

You do need to be sure to check the tides in advance, though, so that you don't end up being washed out halfway out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Depends on where you camp as a lot of the island is private property. I think it's OK to camp on the piece of land that leads to the slipway/boat dock. Also if you follow the road to Cartys Strand there is an area there near the shoreline that isn't on private land. If the bar is open, check in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Hi I had heard recently that there is a big night, almost like a festival atmosphere, where loads of people go out camping in coney island. Food drink and sleeping bag kinda thing. My brother went a few years ago and had great craic.

Does anyone know if similar weekends are running this summer??

Advertisement