Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persied Meteor SHower 11-13 AUG - Camping?

• 06-08-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hey folks!

SO the Persied Meteor shower is peaking next weekend, Sat- Monday .

With A waxing moon to give us a chance to see a good display of near 50 meteors per hour! Was wondering if anyone in the leinster region be up for some camping in the wicklow mountains or something?

I know i dont be around here that much , im usually always in the weather forum but ye.. would love to have a good chat and banter event then a great chance to get some great shots of the display if the weather plays nice for us this time! :)

So ye , just really asking atm , see what people think... if we get numbers we could try move things along , :)

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/earthskys-meteor-shower-guide

meteor_nat_geo.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Would love to do this, however, I wouldn't stay the night camping

Did anyone get back to you about it Iancar29?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hope ya managed to get some shots. I failed miserably.
    I was over in Mayo and hoping for some clear skys. Sadly the cloud cover was there all weekend. When it finally cleared and I racked up a couple of dozen 30sec exposures and exactly none of them caught a streak.
    I saw a handfull (including what I think might have been a bolia(?) - fireball) but they were always where the camera was not pointing or even more fustrating between shots.
    Next time will be better. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

cloudy skies too :(

Advertisement