Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat reservations

Options
  • 06-08-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi guys,

Quick question i just want to clear up. Myself and my friend booked our flights to Brisbane this morning with Etihad. On booking, we were allowed to choose our seats, so we booked seats beside each other obviously because it's great to have that company.

Thing is, does that mean that we are beside each other in the same seats on all our flights? We stop in Abu Dhabi and in Sydney. So every flight we are on, do we have those seats already booked? Or do we have to request seats next to each other again?

Appreciate the help, excitement is building. Only 6 weeks away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Sneebly wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Quick question i just want to clear up. Myself and my friend booked our flights to Brisbane this morning with Etihad. On booking, we were allowed to choose our seats, so we booked seats beside each other obviously because it's great to have that company.

Thing is, does that mean that we are beside each other in the same seats on all our flights? We stop in Abu Dhabi and in Sydney. So every flight we are on, do we have those seats already booked? Or do we have to request seats next to each other again?

Appreciate the help, excitement is building. Only 6 weeks away
    No you have to do it on each leg. If you booked and paid together you may be already beside each other.
    You can also pick seats online so maybe check that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭kentreaper

hussey wrote: »
    If you booked and paid together you may be already beside each other

My wife and I have done this several times - and you will be together. Its just done as a matter of course, not remotely out of the ordinary. Good luck. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

kentreaper wrote: »
    My wife and I have done this several times - and you will be together. Its just done as a matter of course, not remotely out of the ordinary. Good luck. :p
    The difference is you and your wife would have booked two tickets on a single booking, so are seated together by default. The OP is going with a friend, so most likely they booked separately. In which case they would need to select adjacent seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sneebly

Thanks for the replies. I tried to select my seat through the Etihad website once i put my reference number in. Problem is, when i do that, and click save, it replies with

Mandatory information has not be filled yet for the primary travel document. (4726)

Any ideas? Should i just ring the Etihad office in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Sneebly wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I tried to select my seat through the Etihad website once i put my reference number in. Problem is, when i do that, and click save, it replies with

Mandatory information has not be filled yet for the primary travel document. (4726)

Any ideas? Should i just ring the Etihad office in Dublin?

Sounds like you need to input your passport details. All airlines ask for them at some stage, so might as well do it now then you should be able to progress through and select your seats

• Advertisement

Got it sorted, I rang the office in and they sorted it for me straight away! May as well ask this here, been doing a couple of searches but need to ask!

Would you bring a laptop? I have one but I also have an iPhone that seems to do everything as well. I plan on looking for work after a week out there and maybe actually having the laptop would be handy? Bring it on as carry on luggage etc? In a pickle really

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you are planning on being here for more than a holiday then there's no reason not to bring a laptop. it's only going to be gathering dust at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

As mellor said, it's good idea, esp as loads of places offer Free wi-fi (maccers, libraries, pubs & cafes) can be handy if looking up stuff to stay/go/jobs/news etc

Ya, this is what I was thinking! It's just handy to have it, I'm a bit of a football geek as well so will be always wanting to look up highlights, results etc!

I think the only thing that worried me as the wtc weight of having it as fans luggage, just carrying it around etc. but I'm a big strong lad so I'm sure it'll be fine

Ya, this is what I was thinking! It's just handy to have it, I'm a bit of a football geek as well so will be always wanting to look up highlights, results etc!

I think the only thing that worried me as the wtc weight of having it as fans luggage, just carrying it around etc. but I'm a big strong lad so I'm sure it'll be fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭kentreaper

chill out snee

you don't need holiday advice

its just common sense

for adults

:rolleyes:

Advertisement