Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rented home-security amount return

Options
  • 06-08-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have rented an apartment in cork wilton area. Our contract ended last 18th, but the letting agency still holding my 770 euro security amount. the reason they are saying is there were scratches in the kitchen cupboards, one mattress is stained and my daughter marked the dining table with ink(though it is very small mark). they are saying they are going to deduct 165 eulros for the scratch in the kitchen cupboard +15% service charge+VAT and for the stained mattress euro 165+15% service charge+VAT and for dining table ink mark 60 euro+15% service charge +VAT. what do u think..? is it a fare deal..? what can I do.. If I go to PRTB will they help me to get a more fare deal..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Did you take pics?
    Were all things damaged by yourselves?
    Seams excessive to be honest.
    Just wondering why you didn't try clean out the stains on bed and table?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kb100

I seriously doubt about the scratches.. they have sent pictures of the two parallel 5 inches long scratches in the cupboard but I am unaware about the scratch mark when I left the apartment. the other two things were done by us only..they sent the pictures of that also.

So out of your deposit what are they giving back.
    Just check with threshold 1st and see what they say.
    I believe some of that should come under normal wear(normal use)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm was my comment about Choices taken down then.. Just wondering is it Choices you were renting through, as if it is they are suppose to be right sticklers for giving back the deposit..

Himself used threshold not too long ago with a query and they are decent enough it takes a while though...but defo fight it

So out of your deposit what are they giving back.
    Just check with threshold 1st and see what they say.
    I believe some of that should come under normal wear(normal use)

after, all the deduction they offered me 285 euros, but I refused, so the whole money with them..

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    mmm was my comment about Choices taken down then.. Just wondering is it Choices you were renting through, as if it is they are suppose to be right sticklers for giving back the deposit..

Himself used threshold not too long ago with a query and they are decent enough it takes a while though...but defo fight it

No., This is Homefinders Auctioners .

kb100 wrote: »
    after, all the deduction they offered me 285 euros, but I refused, so the whole money with them..

Yeah that is bad don't accept that go straight to Threshold give them a call or send an email with all the info and ask for help they know what would need to be done next.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

TBH here is where you want to check :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

They would know far more

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Did your contract outline the charges for damages, specific to the service charge?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Did your contract outline the charges for damages, specific to the service charge?
    No..

• Advertisement
Advertisement