Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland SHC Semi-Final Cork v Galway: August 12th, 3.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just one thing that might not have been mentioned, but if Cork play Galway again can 1 county wear the away Jersey?

At times it took me split second to realise which team had the ball, can only imagine what its like for players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What are you saying if for? Completely irrelevant. It didnt happen. Right so if the sky fell down tomorrow what would you do?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Just one thing that might not have been mentioned, but if Cork play Galway again can 1 county wear the away Jersey?

At times it took me split second to realise which team had the ball, can only imagine what its like for players.

Invest in a pair of specs maybe?

Ha ha the big man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any other Sport and away strip would have been taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

And what makes you think that Galway have gone to another level? The performance against Kilkenny was brilliant. The one against Cork was average imo. If it wasn't for Joe Canning and his 7 points from frees/65s they may well have lost the game against a very poor Cork side. As I said earlier if Cork had someone in the forwards who could score a few points or a goal then they could well have won the game.

If they want to both Kilkenny and Tipperary have the ability to kick onto a level that makes them unbeatable. From what I've seen Galway don't have that luxury.
    So many ifs, pack it in lad. Galway were the better team, end of. Even the wide tally suggest this.

THFC wrote: »
    So many ifs, pack it in lad. Galway were the better team, end of. Even the wide tally suggest this.

Ok. You have me convinced :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ok. You have me convinced :).
    Well jaysis, your stance is as weak as your opinion:pac:

THFC wrote: »
    Well jaysis, your stance is as weak as your opinion:pac:

I was being slightly sarcastic. I would never be swayed that easily :P.

Galway were the better team, but you can't take away the fact that Cork were very poor. I know it's hypothetical and easy to say but a better team could well have bet them.

Cronin should have scored the goal in the 56th minute to level the game. And Cork had a few more chances. That free that Nash hit wide should have been put into the square but he made a mess of it.

Galway deserved to win it but they would definitely not win with that performance against either of the two others semi-finalists. They will have to perform better than they did in the Leinster final in my opinion if they are to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭MfMan

Junior D wrote: »
    As a Kilkenny man, I was really hoping Galway would win, so that IF we are to beat Tipp, we'd get another shot at 'em!
    It's very hard to take what happened and let em get away with it without a (hopeful) backlash :)

Howled on dare; '05 cancelled out '04 and '12 cancelled out '10 if you like. What about '06, '07 and '09? There's a bit of reckoning to be sorted out yet I can tell youse!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

An interesting note, every one of our 11 listed original subs on sunday is under 21 (the only change being Regan started instead of Donnellan).

Have a semi saturday week interesting to see if anyone puts up their hands for selection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

hypothetical

Cronin should have And Cork had a few more chances.......................

That free that Nash hit wide should have been put into the square...............

if.................................

Words I often see whenever Cork get hammered.

Galway were very lucky to win, some mind boggling refeering decisions cost Cork

You Are either

1, Trolling
    2, Joking
    3, Drunk
    4, Stoned
    5, Plain mad in the head.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lapin wrote: »

What game were you watching?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

hypothetical

Cronin should have And Cork had a few more chances.......................

That free that Nash hit wide should have been put into the square...............

if.................................

In fairness i dont think Cork were hammered. If anything Galway struggled to put them away until the 50th min. It was even close at the 65 min and you could be never sure who were going to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Amprodude wrote: »
    In fairness i dont think Cork were hammered. If anything Galway struggled to put them away until the 50th min. It was even close at the 65 min and you could be never sure who were going to win.

Cork weren't hammered. But they were shown to be a very limited team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

liammur wrote: »
    Amprodude wrote: »

Cork weren't hammered. But they were shown to be a very limited team.

limited is right but i reckon inexperience was also a factor. For JBM, i think he needs to find a few more good players and i think some of the players in the panel arent physical enough. A bit of gym work wont go a stray IMO.

They weren't hammered. I'm not from Cork anyway so I don't care about them at all.

Cork were limited on the day and Galway really failed to put them away until late on in the game. Not a thoroughly convincing performance imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

They weren't hammered. I'm not from Cork anyway so I don't care about them at all.

Cork were limited on the day and Galway really failed to put them away until late on in the game. Not a thoroughly convincing performance imo.

Agreed. The fact of the matter is had one of those speculative balls from Nash into the square fell kindly to a Cork forward in the last ten minutes it could well have been (undeservedly) a different outcome.

We did what we had to do really. Weren't our best but still won. If we could up a gear in the final who knows what will happen but we will rightly be going in as underdogs.

If you'd told me after that 20-something point demolition to Kilkenny in March we'd be in an AI final I'd have taken it every day of the week!

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Agreed. The fact of the matter is had one of those speculative balls from Nash into the square fell kindly to a Cork forward in the last ten minutes it could well have been (undeservedly) a different outcome.

We did what we had to do really. Weren't our best but still won. If we could up a gear in the final who knows what will happen but we will rightly be going in as underdogs.

If you'd told me after that 20-something point demolition to Kilkenny in March we'd be in an AI final I'd have taken it every day of the week!

One of those balls did fall to a forward. It fell to Cronin and he blasted over. More composure and that was a certain goal. You just can't look past that point.

Ye did alright but I'd be worried that the Leinster final was a one-off performance. Everyone will have to be on song for the next match.

If Kilkenny get through they'll have all the big lads back. Hogan is back training this week I think and Michael Fennelly is around again. He is the best midfielder in the country in my opinion.

It may well suit Galway going in as underdogs. I remember a good few years ago when Kilkenny were underdogs and it suited us in many ways. That was obviously before any of the recent wins. Even last year some people reckoned they were underdogs and that worked out perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

The bitching and sniping in here is laughable. Really does show the worst elements of partisan support when some posters are attempting to take comfort in the assertion that Galway will get hammered by Tipperary or Kilkenny. Semi Finals are there to be won and by and large the one on Sunday was won well with the minimum of fuss.

One more thing; Brian Gavin had a nightmare match for both teams and I hope the standard of officiating on 9th September is markedly better.

As far as I'm concerned a 2 point victory over Cork is a hammering.

Take it as a compliment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Really? That's laughable. You're not a hurling fan obviously.

adrian522 wrote: »

Take a joke FFS. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

As I said, laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

cson wrote: »

One more thing; Brian Gavin had a nightmare match for both teams and I hope the standard of officiating on 9th September is markedly better.

If the rumours are to be believed then I'm afraid it will be worse, Barry Kelly :mad:

Take it as a compliment.
    As I said, laughable.

And they call me a troll :pac:

Who's a troll? he called a 2 point win a hammering and then tried to dismiss it as a joke..

Who's a troll? he called a 2 point win a hammering and then tried to dismiss it as a joke..

Somebodys a bit of a moody Michael

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

If it wasn't for Joe Canning and his 7 points from frees/65s they may well have lost the game against a very poor Cork side. As I said earlier if Cork had someone in the forwards who could score a few points or a goal then they could well have won the game.

What kind of bananas upside down logic is this??? Galway have Joe Canning. So there is little point saying "if Galway didnt have him".

We can all say things like "If Kilkenny didnt have Henry Shefflin for the last ten years...." Or "If Offaly had better backs...." Or "If Clare had better forwards".

Of course if Cork had better forwards, they would have probably beaten Galway.

If Pa Cronin was a better player, Cork may well have scored a goal and Cork may well have gone on to win a fairly close game.

Of course if Kilkenny had played better in the leinster final, they could have beaten Galway.

But deal with actuals, not ifs!!!!

Advertisement