Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland SHC Semi-Final Cork v Galway: August 12th, 3.30pm

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

aidan24326 wrote: »
    No doubt they were probably niggling at each other in the run up to it. I'm sure these kind of incidents happen and don't get caught on camera.

But these day players should know well that Croke Park has cameras watching from all angles and that what you'll get away with in Nowlan Park or Portlaoise might not be as easy to get away with in Croke Park.

Cameras can't send you off.

Also, if you felt that this kind of thing is a sending off than surely the fact that there are no cameras in Nowlan Park in a club game shouldn't mean it's more tolerable than doing it in Croke Park?
    If fellas are shoulder to shoulder digging each other not a lot of damage is going to be done, this wasnt the case sunday where the players were well apart. You could do a lot of damage with a strike like cronins.

They weren't a hurley's length apart. If it was into the faceguard, you could potentially blind an eye or break a nose. I doubt you'd break a rib with the force Cronin would have had in his. I'm sure there was a bruise there alright. I'd certainly give him a yellow if caught, but it's like giving a red card for diving in soccer. You might see it as a way of stamping it out, but does anyone really want 3 or 4 players from either side sent off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Clemon wrote: »
    Fair Play to Cooney for rattlin into Nash.

No longer are Galway the physical whippin boys of the championship. There'll be plenty more fellas with heavy shoulders come the 9th. Don't mind Cronin with his sly digs on Tan and trips on Hayes (after the first score), the Galway players are hittin hard and fair with big shoulders. Ask Richie Power and Nash. They'll tell ya all about it.

Hup Hup.

I admire yer new bravo attitude, but you cant have it both ways and then be complaining about Cronin, as the saying goes, if your going to give it out you have to be prepared to take it.

And you can ask Nash all you like, it wasn't a ''fair shoulder'' it was a frontal charge and elbow to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Is anyone else amazed that Galway are 7/4 against (on Paddy Power) for the final? 7/4 against seems very generous in a two horse race for a team that has already beaten the favourites convincingly. Not sayin they should be favs of course, but lets say KK win the other semi. Will KK really be 2/1 on or worse to win the final?

Anyway, methinks I'll take some of that action on Galway - its good value right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Is anyone else amazed that Galway are 7/4 against (on Paddy Power) for the final? 7/4 against seems very generous in a two horse race for a team that has already beaten the favourites convincingly. Not sayin they should be favs of course, but lets say KK win the other semi. Will KK really be 2/1 on or worse to win the final?

Anyway, methinks I'll take some of that action on Galway - its good value right now

Ii think if your taking the 7/4 you should really really be hoping that Tipp win on Sunday, they have a far better chance of beating a Tipp team that will have peaked for KK than beating a smarting KK team twice in such a short period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Ii think if your taking the 7/4 you should really really be hoping that Tipp win on Sunday, they have a far better chance of beating a Tipp team that will have peaked for KK than beating a smarting KK team twice in such a short period of time.

not sure about that. I (as a Galway fan) would actually prefer Galway to be facing KK. Clearly they are highly unlikely to repeat the Leinster final winning margin. However I think that it would be one of the few occasions in recent memory where KK would go into a game with some psychological hangups (they would have to after such a bad beating last time). Whereas against Tipp it would be just a straightforward battle and Galway don't have as much experience as Tipp in an AI final. Of course KK also have lot more experience but the context of a KK vs Galway match would be more about the Leinster final I think. Just my take on it. Also I basically think that KK are in decline

• Advertisement
Advertisement