Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland SHC Semi-Final Cork v Galway: August 12th, 3.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Great game so far, really hard-hitting, lively, passionate stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Cork 0-07 Galway 0-07:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Do you think joe Canning will get a goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

1. Galway are not giving the obvious pass. Trying the more difficult one instead.

2. They might rue so many wides. Same old story at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Galway not at half the tempo they were at against the Cats but maybe it's down to Cork showing them no respect. I can't believe Cork are still leading this game, Galway seem to be doing all the hurling but are fairly wasteful.

• Advertisement

Thats a bit more like it from Galway 2 points in a row....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Where are all the Galway and particularly Cork supporters? I'm in the Cusack and from here the entire upper Hogan & Davin is empty. I'd say there's only c. 35.000 people here. Out of this there's easily more Galway supporters. That's not saying much. Shame on Cork & Galway people for taking our sports, and their funding, for granted.

Seanchai wrote: »
    Shame on Cork & Galway people for taking our sports, and their funding, for granted.

:confused:

I went looking this morning for tickets only crappy seats available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,944 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where are all the Galway and particularly Cork supporters? I'm in the Cusack and from here the entire upper Hogan & Davin is empty. I'd say there's only c. 35.000 people here. Out of this there's easily more Galway supporters. That's not saying much. Shame on Cork & Galway people for taking our sports, and their funding, for granted.

It's an expensive day out in this day and age for both sets of supporters.

• Advertisement

Level at HT 11 each

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Megapixal, you are some legend.

A good game of hurling so far, Galway were never going to run away with this as people were expecting.

All square going in at the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it'll be a very long time before croker is filled for a hurling semi final. they always section off the hill as well which just looks strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭basillarkin

kraggy wrote: »
    1. Galway are not giving the obvious pass. Trying the more difficult one instead.

2. They might rue so many wides. Same old story at the moment.
    Niall Burke has to go, 4 wides today and does nothing of note but give away a few frees. Won a couple of puckouts but then gave poor passes, lets hope Cyril comes on at HT

Funk It wrote: »
    Megapixal, you are some legend.

A good game of hurling so far, Galway were never going to run away with this as people were expecting.

All square going in at the break

Your most welcome...
    I think a goal will be the telling, hopefully a Galway one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Cork withdrawing lots of men and looking to play back very direct. Their forwards look like can do some damage with enough ball.

Galway winning everything around the middle but some wasteful shooting undermining their effort. Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

This is a tight game and anyone who thought Galway were going to have it easy think again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's an expensive day out in this day and age for both sets of supporters.

Especially when cork have to buy tickets for the football too!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Very enjoyable game.

Cork have done well, but they're going to regret some of their sloppy clearances and they need to get the ball in quicker. Luke O'Farrell has barely touched the ball, and Paudie O'Sullivan is doing well when he gets the ball played into him.

Niall Burke is doing well in the air but his shooting has been woeful, I expect much more from him. Canning is having a good game, Burke is coming more into it, Hayes is doing well when he runs at them. But Galway have missed a lot of handy enough chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

bottom of all 3 stands are full. There's plenty here, wtf were u expecting?

Galway the better side but Cork getting their scores much easier. Ref suspect. Hopefully Galway start to make the possession tell in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

35,000 at an All Ireland semi-final in the middle of a recession during the Olympics when Cork are in the football as well, not too shabby imvho.

To put it in perspective, there was 36,394 at the Community Shield final today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

By the way, I've spent 2 weeks overdosing on HD sports on TV, there's some difference in RTÉOne (resolution 528x576) and RTÉTwo HD (resolution 1440x1080).

And there's 41,000 at the game today

The laptop nearly went flying there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

The color on the stream I am watching is slightly off so it looks like Galway are playing Holland. :D

Galway starting nicely in second half

lovely point from Canning there. Oh, Cork 8 should see red.
    O'Grady making excuses for Cronin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Dangerous dig by Cronin. Wasn't seen by the officials though.

Off the ball strike with the hurley clearly caught on camera, wonder if anything will be done about it afterwards

Jasus that was some skill by Joe to hold onto the ball shame about the off-load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Thanks a million megapixel.

Hero.

Advertisement