Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland SHC Semi-Final Cork v Galway: August 12th, 3.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,944 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Warrior defending there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

O'Grady fails to see another foul by the men in red ;)

<Mod Snip>

No need for name calling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

teednab-el wrote: »
    all I can say is Galway won't win any All Ireland. kilkenny or tipp for me.

well they won't win based on today's performance. Tipp will hammer them and Galway could beat KK as they only seem to play well against the Cats ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,944 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

YES! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Well done Galway, can't remember the last game with no goals in it, there wasn't even that many goal chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You're not seeing things!

Hopefully Cork will be rue-ing these chances come the end of the game.

think i was U-14 the last time i saw them, when they were given to the subs to keep warm.
    cracking game though, hopefully galway can keep the run going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well done Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

So delighted.

Can you let Galway have a few minutes in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Once Galway didn't flop, I suppose it was likely they'd pull away.

But if they hit that many aimless balls against Tipp/KK, they'll lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Great game to watch. Congrats to Galway on the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Good win but Cork were very poor in the last ten. Big improvement needed

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Well done Galway Joe Canning was out on his feet at the end of the game. I taught Andy Smith had a great game. Now roll on next week to see who your opponents will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Johnny Coen has an all-star in the bag now, class again in the 2nd half. Fergal Moore was good in some ways, made some fantastic blocks, but O'Sullivan did cause him some trouble especially in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The Good

Galway, backs especially, and in general all over the field, showed heart that I've not seen them show in a while.

In the end, despite being on edge in the first half, started stringing some good passes together.

The Bad

Where the hell were the forward lines for the most of the second half? That's dangerous and means that, as happened for long spells today, the half back line killing themselves out clearing the ball only for it to come straight back to them.

Galway trying the more difficult pass or the more difficult shot, hitting the ball on the run when they had time to steady up and make sure -> countless wides.

Hayes. Again. Scored towards the end when things were going good. He needs to get more involved when games are closer affairs.

The basics such as sideline cuts being hit 10 yards will not be forgiven in the final.

In summary, delighted to win. Not often we beat Cork. But a BIG improvement needed for the final.

We really have no bench bar Glynn disappointingly. Donnellan and Regan to start in final imv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

We will see...

I am just thinking of Waterford last year. Galway huge favourites and they bottle it big time. I reckon Cork will sneak it tomorro and Canning will be neutralised. Watch this space.

Oh dear, typical Cork cockiness, I'm surprised there wasn't waffle about the double. Well done to Galway, better hurlers and they defeated Cork who were lucky to get as many frees as they did which made the result much closer than it really was.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Oh dear, typical Cork cockiness, I'm surprised there wasn't waffle about the double. Well done to Galway, better hurlers and they defeated Cork who were lucky to get as many frees as they did which made the result much closer than it really was.

Cause he predicted Cork? Not cocky, galway are well known for bottling it unfortunately.

We did what we had to today, a win is a win.. and all that craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

We will see...

I am just thinking of Waterford last year. Galway huge favourites and they bottle it big time. I reckon Cork will sneak it tomorro and Canning will be neutralised. Watch this space.

good to get a Kerry perspective on a hurling game.top class analysis there. Now go back to that Donegal humble pie you were munching at.

good to get a Kerry perspective on a hurling game.top class analysis there. Now go back to that Donegal humble pie you were munching at.

You should have a taste of it in preparation for a good feed after Aug 26th.

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »

Cause he predicted Cork? Not cocky, galway are well known for bottling it unfortunately.

We did what we had to today, a win is a win.. and all that craic!

never said Cork would win All Ireland, I was talking about Galway and if they could produce a performance again. They did today and I hope they can go on now and win the All Ireland. Best of luck Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Thanks for all the thanks i got today....;)

C'mon Galway

You should have a taste of it in preparation for a good feed after Aug 26th.

stop your killing me. keep those predictions coming......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What. A. Game. My heart must have been beating about 350 times a minute through periods of that match! We didn't play nearly as well as we did against Kk, but thankfully it was enough to beat Cork, we've every chance now in the final. Also, Joe is a fcuking immense player, best player in the country in either code, simply unplayable. Player of the year is his if he puts in an anyway decent performance in the final. Oh and....
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Unlucky lad, ye have some awful dirty players by the way, 2 red card offences in that game, and all because they couldn't handle getting beat. That chop on Canning was shocking. I suppose the boys from Cork must be having nightmares about him at this stage:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Ah well, not meant to be for Cork this year. Well played Galway and An Other big round of thanks to megapixel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:D:D:D Yis are gas lads :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Congrats Galway! Roll on next week when it will be my turn to have my heart in my mouth...Really thought game today was great..Hope to get the chance to meet some of you Galway supporters in Croker...

THFC wrote: »
    What. A. Game. My heart must have been beating about 350 times a minute through periods of that match! We didn't play nearly as well as we did against Kk, but thankfully it was enough to beat Cork, we've every chance now in the final. Also, Joe is a fcuking immense player, best player in the country in either code, simply unplayable. Player of the year is his if he puts in an anyway decent performance in the final. Oh and....
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Unlucky lad, ye have some awful dirty players by the way, 2 red card offences in that game, and all because they couldn't handle getting beat. That chop on Canning was shocking. I suppose the boys from Cork must be having nightmares about him at this stage:D:D:D:D

not as bad as some of the nightmares im having of not seeing Canning or Galway winning a Celtic cross, its 22 years and counting. I hope it isn't 2005 revisited.

realies wrote: »
    :D:D:D Yis are gas lads :D:D

It just exposes the way in which the greatest thing that can happen to a Cork person is to see Kerry get beaten. It really exposes their superiority complex to be nothing more than a hollow and frightened inferiority complex. Schadenfreude much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

not as bad as some of the nightmares im having of not seeing Canning or Galway winning a Celtic cross. I hope it isn't 2005 revisited.
    Lol lad, seriously, that bad a loser?? Fight back them tears:D

Advertisement