Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any tips for the Irish hons comprehensions? It's not like you can prepare for them, and they are worth a lot.

I reckon if the gathering isn't an easy title it'll be a comprehension

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Ok for History I'm focusing in these questions can ye tell me if there is ones I could add in or leave out thanks! (DO NOT TAKE THESE AS DEFFINATES!!!!!!!!!)
    Topic 2 Irish
    what were the reasons for Irish unionist opposition to self government and the Impact 1886 - 1914.
    What were the social and economic factors that caused increasing tensions between employers and workers in the years leading up to 1913
    The Event of 1913
    The key personalities of 1913 strike and lockout.
    How successful was the land movement about change in Irish society.

Topic 3 Irish
    To what extent was the Anglo- Irish treaty the cause of the civil war in 1922?
    Compare efforts of different Irish governments to develop the Irish Economy in the period 1922 - 1939.
    How did the government in North and South of Ireland promote cultural identity between 1922 - 1945?
    What Effects did World War 2 have on the South of Ireland?
    How did World war 2 impact Northern Ireland?

Topic 3 European (Really Not sure on this topic!!!)
    What were the conditions in Europe in the Inter - war years (between ww1 and ww2) which led to the rise of Fascism?
    How did Hitler create a Totalitarian state in Germany?
    What were the principal social and economic challenges facing Britain between 1920 and 1939?
    Evaluate the performance of Benito Mussolini as Leader of Italy
    What methods of Nazi propaganda were used and how successful where these methods?

And I'm just going to do all case studies because I really don't have a notion what it could be! but please help me adjust this list!!!

NI Welfare state widely tipped, documents il b lookin over france and katanga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I can't see this An tOstal being asked as an essay personally.. a comprehension or something in the listening exam possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Any tips for the Irish hons comprehensions? It's not like you can prepare for them, and they are worth a lot.

The best way to prepare for them is to keep doing them and write out any new words you find in them! It will build your vocabulary and it will help with the essay too. A lot of the time they repeat a lot of the same words year after year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

So your saying add them all together and kind if adjust it to question asked? And ok I have like 3 sample answers on Stalin I will do them thank you :)

Lenin/Stalin is quite a nice topic, a question came up on the mock examcraft about the economic polices between them hopefully something similar will come up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Does anyone have and predictions for honours irish, home.ec,german and geography? What do you think will come up for geoecology in geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Does anyone have and predictions for honours irish, home.ec,german and geography? What do you think will come up for geoecology in geography?

I'm just studying 2 biomes. A biome comes up every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Elceeney wrote: »
    I'm just studying 2 biomes. A biome comes up every year.

what question exactly you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

what question exactly you studying?

Are ye not gonna do the soils, I hate it :P I hope the characteristics comes up. What are you learning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Are ye not gonna do the soils, I hate it :P I hope the characteristics comes up. What are you learning?

Learning off the characteristics of a rainforest and human interference with the rainforest And Learned off a good bit on soils just to be safe.

For Regional probably going to draw a map of an European region/Irish Region as draw subcontinental has come up for the past two years i believe?
    I'm also guessing distribution of volcanos,formation of igneous rock,Human interaction with rock cycle,feature of Fluvial Erosion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

for English i have done Wordsworth, Mahon and plan on doing Bishop, i also know plath and hopkins. I know theme and issue pretty well but nothing on cultural context or literary genre :S for macbeth I can talk about deception and kingship, maybe ill do the role of supernaturals
    thats literally all i can manage to do with 6 other subjects, will i be ok?
    and any german predictions would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebeccaxtine

For sov&part I think you need to look over the rise of Sinn Fein, 1916 and your key personalities, esp. Collins, he was on my mock paper. I think your pretty safe though, cause the anglo irish treaty is said to be likely...Europe is a lot harder to predict, but I'd definetley know Lenin, Anglo American pop culture, the rise of fascism and propaganda...And for the document I'd briefly look over india but concentrate on the other two...hope that helped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 glideaway

what will come up in accounting?? anybody>?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraFolens

anybody have physics experiment predictions? and HL Maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraFolens

Elceeney wrote: »
    The way I've always done my 1913 Lockout essay I included all the above in one essay. (I did this for the mocks and got 93% in the essay)

Also, for European, you don't seem to have a Stalin/Lenin essay? Stalin or Lenin comes up every year.
    You don't want to share that essay do you? would be great if you could :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

glideaway wrote: »
    what will come up in accounting?? anybody>?

Accounting
    More than likely Sole Trader, if not Manufacturing
    Creditors Control
    Depreciation of Fixed Assets
    Tabular

Interpretation
    Published
    Incomplete Record (Forward)

Possibly Marginal Costing
    Torn between Flexible, Master and Production Budget

Accounting scares me this year because it seems too predictable to be quite honest. But hey, if that is what is coming up we won't complain! :)

Thoughts on English poetry?
    I reckon I will do Bishop, Mahon, Shakespeare and Hopkins. I know Plath fairly well, she was one of the poets that just stuck in my head. Shakespeare hasn't been on the course in quite a few years, appears this year and isn't on the course next year, could it be a coincidence? :) If Shakespeare is to appear though I think it will be along the lines of 'How he explores the fundamental aspects of life: love, beauty, passing of time, death' or 'How do we make him appealing to the modern reader.'

Not too sure on Irish. I think 'The Gathering' will feature some where, be it the essay or one of the comprehensions. Also bullying was very topical around the time the papers were set, particularly cyber-bullying. I don't think they will ask a direct question on 'The economy' though, if they did it would be very handy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Accounting
    More than likely Sole Trader, if not Manufacturing
    Creditors Control
    Depreciation of Fixed Assets
    Tabular

Interpretation
    Published
    Incomplete Record (Forward)

Possibly Marginal Costing
    Torn between Flexible, Master and Production Budget

Accounting scares me this year because it seems too predictable to be quite honest. But hey, if that is what is coming up we won't complain! :)

Thoughts on English poetry?
    I reckon I will do Bishop, Mahon, Shakespeare and Hopkins. I know Plath fairly well, she was one of the poets that just stuck in my head. Shakespeare hasn't been on the course in quite a few years, appears this year and isn't on the course next year, could it be a coincidence? :) If Shakespeare is to appear though I think it will be along the lines of 'How he explores the fundamental aspects of life: love, beauty, passing of time, death' or 'How do we make him appealing to the modern reader.'

Not too sure on Irish. I think 'The Gathering' will feature some where, be it the essay or one of the comprehensions. Also bullying was very topical around the time the papers were set, particularly cyber-bullying. I don't think they will ask a direct question on 'The economy' though, if they did it would be very handy :D
    What do you mean by "forward"? could you give an example of a year?
    Also, i totally agree with you on those accounting predictions! But surely they won't be so nice? All of them topics are actually really, quite easy (dare I say?)
    Do you know where I could get a good essay on cyber bullying/ an t-Ostal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi everyone, hope the study is going well.
    Noticed a few comments along the lines of 'that came up in the mocks, so unlikely to come up in the real exam'. This is not the case! The mock exams are not devised by the same people who devised the Leaving Cert exams, so don't neglect or discount topics on the basis that they came up in the mocks!!
    Also a few people mentioned The Gathering as a possible theme for English and/or other language papers, I think this is a good topic to prepare, and have a look at emigration while you're at it. Both very topical, as the Gathering certainly was on the radar in October/November last year, and rates of youth emigration soared last year.
    Best of luck with the study!

What do you mean by "forward"? could you give an example of a year?
    Also, i totally agree with you on those accounting predictions! But surely they won't be so nice? All of them topics are actually really, quite easy (dare I say?)
    Do you know where I could get a good essay on cyber bullying/ an t-Ostal?

You know the Incompletes where the Trading, P&L comes first? Did you do the Debs mock by any chance? That was quite a good prediction for this year and the forward Incomplete was on that, if not, 2007 is the last time the Incomplete Forward has come up.
    Yeah I really believe its very predictable this year! 4 years since Published has come up and 6 years since the Imcompletes. I agree with you totally! They are possibly the 'easiest' of the questions. I plan on doing question 1 rather than 2,3,4 and I find Sole Trader the easiest of the 3. If they choose to put on a Published Account I don't think they will put on the Manufacturing because it would be extremely time consuming! Honestly I cannot see them being that nice but you never know :)

I don't know where you can get any Irish essays online, sorry. We've got quite a good Irish teacher so shes been preparing quite a few with us and we use Dreimire, if you've got access to anyone with Dreimire then I suggest you ask for a loan of that, its excellent!

You know the Incompletes where the Trading, P&L comes first? Did you do the Debs mock by any chance? That was quite a good prediction for this year and the forward Incomplete was on that, if not, 2007 is the last time the Incomplete Forward has come up.
    Yeah I really believe its very predictable this year! 4 years since Published has come up and 6 years since the Imcompletes. I agree with you totally! They are possibly the 'easiest' of the questions. I plan on doing question 1 rather than 2,3,4 and I find Sole Trader the easiest of the 3. If they choose to put on a Published Account I don't think they will put on the Manufacturing because it would be extremely time consuming! Honestly I cannot see them being that nice but you never know :)

I don't know where you can get any Irish essays online, sorry. We've got quite a good Irish teacher so shes been preparing quite a few with us and we use Dreimire, if you've got access to anyone with Dreimire then I suggest you ask for a loan of that, its excellent!
    Ah I see! Thanks! :D
    We don't look at q1 so Unfortunately I don't have a choice :( Yeah I adore published accounts! I have got the funniest little rhymes and what not to remember the order! :P
    Ah we use dreimire too but I was being lazy and wanted an essay fully done out haha. We keep focusing on An Triail and The rights of women in ireland! oh and the Magdalene laundries.... Our teacher is so nasty that I'm too scared to ask a question even! :(

• Advertisement

I think in english part 2 of a comprehension will be "give a talk inviting/encouraging those abroad to return home" will come up! you never know!
    And for the composition, maybe something like that essay:"when i was 18, i couldn't wait to get out of that town" or how you are longing for home! then all of these could link with Elizabeth Bishop : "rushing to see the sun the other way around"

Ah I see! Thanks! :D
    We don't look at q1 so Unfortunately I don't have a choice :( Yeah I adore published accounts! I have got the funniest little rhymes and what not to remember the order! :P
    Ah we use dreimire too but I was being lazy and wanted an essay fully done out haha. We keep focusing on An Triail and The rights of women in ireland! oh and the Magdalene laundries.... Our teacher is so nasty that I'm too scared to ask a question even! :(

Oh no! Question 1 cuts out an awful lot of learning because there is only 3 possible questions. Love Published as well! Haha, I've got a ridiculous rhyme for the order of Cash Flows which I hope I will not need! ;)

Ah I see! I have no idea where you can get them online, sorry. I reckon you should learn off a general introduction and closing paragraph, that way you will only need to make up 3/4 paragraphs to get you out of any essay :)
    An Triail is just a disaster! I hate it. Yeah a question on the 'Teach Tearmainn' might be likely though, the whole Magdalene Laundries was topical there for a while.
    Whats your thoughts for poetry and pros?

Oh no! Question 1 cuts out an awful lot of learning because there is only 3 possible questions. Love Published as well! Haha, I've got a ridiculous rhyme for the order of Cash Flows which I hope I will not need! ;)

Ah I see! I have no idea where you can get them online, sorry. I reckon you should learn off a general introduction and closing paragraph, that way you will only need to make up 3/4 paragraphs to get you out of any essay :)
    An Triail is just a disaster! I hate it. Yeah a question on the 'Teach Tearmainn' might be likely though, the whole Magdalene Laundries was topical there for a while.
    Whats your thoughts for poetry and pros?
    oh God forbid that cash flows will appear! don't know exactly why but I despise them! :P are you doing the ratios question 5? I was contemplating it. a lot of learning but guaranteed!

emmm poetry I think/ Hope "Geibheann" or "Mo Ghrá-sa"
    and for pros I am thinking Oisín I dtír na nÓg" with a question on draíocht! and technique.

oh God forbid that cash flows will appear! don't know exactly why but I despise them! :P are you doing the ratios question 5? I was contemplating it. a lot of learning but guaranteed!

emmm poetry I think/ Hope "Geibheann" or "Mo Ghrá-sa"
    and for pros I am thinking Oisín I dtír na nÓg" with a question on draíocht! and technique.

Wouldn't be a favourite of mine either! I don't know yet, I would rather avoid it if possible, huge amount of learning and very very easy to lose marks but its all depending on the other 2 questions. If its Published and Incomplete I won't be. I'm going to have a look over it though just in case, a banker question really.

Yeah, very much the same as myself. Don't mind Geibheann or Mo Ghrá-Sa. Just hoping it is not An Spailpín Fánach! Would love Oisín! :)

Wouldn't be a favourite of mine either! I don't know yet, I would rather avoid it if possible, huge amount of learning and very very easy to lose marks but its all depending on the other 2 questions. If its Published and Incomplete I won't be. I'm going to have a look over it though just in case, a banker question really.

Yeah, very much the same as myself. Don't mind Geibheann or Mo Ghrá-Sa. Just hoping it is not An Spailpín Fánach! Would love Oisín! :)

Yeah same as for accounting! :D Excited now, maybe this LC Won't be so bad!? :P
    I don't think I'm counting Irish though... I love it and have been to the gaeltacht many times but the subject/teacher has given me a hate for it. :( If i strike lucky you never know. My oral went good, I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Ok for History I'm focusing in these questions can ye tell me if there is ones I could add in or leave out thanks! (DO NOT TAKE THESE AS DEFFINATES!!!!!!!!!)
    Topic 2 Irish
    what were the reasons for Irish unionist opposition to self government and the Impact 1886 - 1914.
    What were the social and economic factors that caused increasing tensions between employers and workers in the years leading up to 1913
    The Event of 1913
    The key personalities of 1913 strike and lockout.
    How successful was the land movement about change in Irish society.

Topic 3 Irish
    To what extent was the Anglo- Irish treaty the cause of the civil war in 1922?
    Compare efforts of different Irish governments to develop the Irish Economy in the period 1922 - 1939.
    How did the government in North and South of Ireland promote cultural identity between 1922 - 1945?
    What Effects did World War 2 have on the South of Ireland?
    How did World war 2 impact Northern Ireland?

Topic 3 European (Really Not sure on this topic!!!)
    What were the conditions in Europe in the Inter - war years (between ww1 and ww2) which led to the rise of Fascism?
    How did Hitler create a Totalitarian state in Germany?
    What were the principal social and economic challenges facing Britain between 1920 and 1939?
    Evaluate the performance of Benito Mussolini as Leader of Italy
    What methods of Nazi propaganda were used and how successful where these methods?

And I'm just going to do all case studies because I really don't have a notion what it could be! but please help me adjust this list!!!

My predictions are very similar! I have a feeling about technology of warfare for dictatorship and democracy! and something on Stalin and his policies has come up every year except 2009 and 2007 I think! For topic 3 I think once you know about Anglo-Irish relations/treaty, Ireland north and south, consolidating democracy, reactions to the treaty (especially unionist) you're sorted! :) and your key personalities

Yeah same as for accounting! :D Excited now, maybe this LC Won't be so bad!? :P
    I don't think I'm counting Irish though... I love it and have been to the gaeltacht many times but the subject/teacher has given me a hate for it. :( If i strike lucky you never know. My oral went good, I think :P

Hopefully not! We've got to tell ourselves that anyways :D I cannot study though, its just not working :(
    Aww no, thats the worst! Teachers make a big difference to the subject I think, if you've got a nice teacher thats half the battle :)
    If all goes well on the day you might change your mind! Haha thats a good sign so, think both of mine went well so I'm happy enough so far! Fingers crossed June goes as well!

Hopefully not! We've got to tell ourselves that anyways :D I cannot study though, its just not working :(
    Aww no, thats the worst! Teachers make a big difference to the subject I think, if you've got a nice teacher thats half the battle :)
    If all goes well on the day you might change your mind! Haha thats a good sign so, think both of mine went well so I'm happy enough so far! Fingers crossed June goes as well!

Haha Indeed! :P
    Yeah I know, it's unfortunate but what can one do? Nothing.
    That's good. Yeah hopefully it will work out! ;)
    Best of Luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

anybody got chemistry, biology, french, economics, agricultural science, english and maths predictions - all higher level please and thank you :)

• Advertisement

Haha Indeed! :P
    Yeah I know, it's unfortunate but what can one do? Nothing.
    That's good. Yeah hopefully it will work out! ;)
    Best of Luck!! :D

Hopefully!
    Now I'm off to do some English study :(
    Thank you. Best of luck to you too! :D

Advertisement