Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

study13 wrote: »
    anybody got chemistry, biology, french, economics, agricultural science, english and maths predictions - all higher level please and thank you :)

Chemistry : Winkler titration or Water Of Crystallisation titration
    Full Q On Equilibrium
    Acid and Bases + BOD Question 7

From looking at patterns thats what i think will come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Ah I see! Thanks! :D
    We don't look at q1 so Unfortunately I don't have a choice :( Yeah I adore published accounts! I have got the funniest little rhymes and what not to remember the order! :P
    Ah we use dreimire too but I was being lazy and wanted an essay fully done out haha. We keep focusing on An Triail and The rights of women in ireland! oh and the Magdalene laundries.... Our teacher is so nasty that I'm too scared to ask a question even! :(

I never understand why some teachers decide to not do the Q1 option. Like if you practice the Q1's it helps so much for the rest of the paper! And also, the workings are almost the exact same every year. But yeah, I don't know why it's skipped!

I'm hoping for a Sole trader (or manufacturing account), interpretation, published account and a marginal costing question. That would be my dream accounting paper :pac:

Saying all this, accounting is one of my weakest subjects, so I'd be over the moon if I could get a B3 in it, even a C1 I'd love!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

ray2012 wrote: »
    I never understand why some teachers decide to not do the Q1 option. Like if you practice the Q1's it helps so much for the rest of the paper! And also, the workings are almost the exact same every year. But yeah, I don't know why it's skipped!

I'm hoping for a Sole trader (or manufacturing account), interpretation, published account and a marginal costing question. That would be my dream accounting paper :pac:

Saying all this, accounting is one of my weakest subjects, so I'd be over the moon if I could get a B3 in it, even a C1 I'd love!

It really does! I never understand it either.
    Everybody has got the same predictions for this years paper, hoping the department is nice and goes ahead with whats due up :)
    I'm hoping for at least a B3 myself!
    Fingers crossed the paper is nice for us. Best of luck with it anyways! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

For music, I'd say Romeo and Juliet will come up for q.1, maaaybe Barry, but Tchaikovsky wasn't asked in this cycle or the last as q.1 so that's what I'm hypothesising from.

I am the biggest Queen fan around, and I learned that Cantata so well I know the German lyrics, this isn't a good find for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RoisinMD

Anyone got any business predictions? Hons
    Or Physics Exps? Ord

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

ray2012 wrote: »

Maybe? but according to the examining report for accounting, the students who opt for the two 60 mark questions outperform those who go for the long question 1. Now I don't know what q1 is like, but maybe that is something for you to consider? :) a B3 is sooooo doable :) best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

While we're on the topic of Accounting, I'm hoping for dep, club and tab for q 2,3,4. Interpretation and Published for 100m and then Marginal Costing. Dream paper. :) Does anyone else HATE doing Accounting mock papers? There is always something nasty that never appears on the actual papers, making them so awkward to work out.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of Accounting, I'm hoping for dep, club and tab for q 2,3,4. Interpretation and Published for 100m and then Marginal Costing. Dream paper. :) Does anyone else HATE doing Accounting mock papers? There is always something nasty that never appears on the actual papers, making them so awkward to work out.

Yeah that certainly would be the dream paper! :D:D
    I completely agree. We are only doing pre papers now and they always have some new element to them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

People don't do Q1 in Accounting? That's mad, the workings overlap so much with the other accounts in Section 2 and yeah 90%, if not all, of the workings you'll have done before using different figures. We don't look at the other questions at all in Section 1, so I never had a choice anyway!

My dream Accounting paper would be Sole Trader for Q1 (I really don't care though tbf, there's not much difference between them), Incomplete and Correction of Errors for Section 2 (apparently I'm an odd specimen but I actually nerdily adore Correction of Errors :p), I don't really intend on doing Interpretation unless there's a horrible theory question on the other two questions, and either Marginal Costing or Operating Budgets for Management Acc.

Also ugh I know it's likely but I really hope Published doesn't come up, it's not difficult but those notes are seriously tedious and time-consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Slow Show wrote: »
    People don't do Q1 in Accounting? That's mad, the workings overlap so much with the other accounts in Section 2 and yeah 90%, if not all, of the workings you'll have done before using different figures. We don't look at the other questions at all in Section 1, so I never had a choice anyway!

My dream Accounting paper would be Sole Trader for Q1 (I really don't care though tbf, there's not much difference between them), Incomplete and Correction of Errors for Section 2 (apparently I'm an odd specimen but I actually nerdily adore Correction of Errors :p), I don't really intend on doing Interpretation unless there's a horrible theory question on the other two questions, and either Marginal Costing or Operating Budgets for Management Acc.

Also ugh I know it's likely but I really hope Published doesn't come up, it's not difficult but those notes are seriously tedious and time-consuming.

We never did Q1. Our school never does it for some reason.

:eek: for what is in bold. :pac: I hate Correction of Errors.

When I think about it I'd rather an incomplete to Published for 100m. I'm definitely doing ratios, I always score highly in them.

I seriously cannot wait to never have to do an account again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 glideaway

What I want to come up in accounting is

60s
    Creditors Control
    Depreciation
    Club or tab
    100s Q5(Which I will do) or Suspense
    Published
    Forwards Incomplete
    Q8 Marginal
    Q9 Production Budgeting

Its all too predicatble, We havent done Service Firm, Cash Flow, farm or Revaluation so hope they dont appear

glideaway wrote: »
    What I want to come up in accounting is

60s
    Creditors Control
    Depreciation
    Club or tab
    100s Q5(Which I will do) or Suspense
    Published
    Forwards Incomplete
    Q8 Marginal
    Q9 Production Budgeting

Its all too predicatble, We havent done Service Firm, Cash Flow, farm or Revaluation so hope they dont appear

what??? that's crazy! why didn't ye do them? :O

[/SIZE]
    what??? that's crazy! why didn't ye do them? :O

says they wont come up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

For music, I'd say Romeo and Juliet will come up for q.1, maaaybe Barry, but Tchaikovsky wasn't asked in this cycle or the last as q.1 so that's what I'm hypothesising from.

I am the biggest Queen fan around, and I learned that Cantata so well I know the German lyrics, this isn't a good find for me :(

I think Bach is least likely to come up as Q.1, as it's come up as that before. I'm also a huge Queen fan, so I was gutted when it came up as Q.1 last year :( so narrowing it down it probably will be Tchaikovsky or Barry... but then again, they've had Bach as the first q for two years in a row before, so you never know with Bohemian Rhapsody :p

glideaway wrote: »
    says they wont come up

Reasonable assumption.
    But, and it's a big but, what if farm and cash flow or service firm come up as 100 markers, revaluation as 60 marker. then ye are royally ****ed.....
    very unlikely though.

Reasonable assumption.
    But, and it's a big but, what if farm and cash flow or service firm come up as 100 markers, revaluation as 60 marker. then ye are royally ****ed.....
    very unlikely though.

Well I have covered farm myself in my own time, Wouldnt do great but could get by Other 3 would be a disaster . Q5 is defo for me and surely suspense, Forwards Incomplete and Published will at least one appear

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roxyos

HL Business anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

roxyos wrote: »
    HL Business anyone?

This is the one subject I've no idea about!! :eek:
    I'm hoping that the ABQ will have a question on the marketing mix, that'd be easy enough!
    I'm also hoping for ratios, breakeven chart, and something on a privated ltd company or franchise etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

This is the one subject I've no idea about!! :eek:
    I'm hoping that the ABQ will have a question on the marketing mix, that'd be easy enough!
    I'm also hoping for ratios, breakeven chart, and something on a privated ltd company or franchise etc?

yea..i'd say the marketing mix could be for the abq , i don't know about raitios it was a long question last year so maybe not , and franchaise was in the mocks so possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RoisinMD

HL BUSINESS PRED

Our teachers feels they will throw in something on the EU on our ABQ to be nasty!
    He also told the people who hadnt done much not to cover the accounts side of it, so i dont think there will be much of them coming up!
    also it was hinted at sale of good and supply of services act coming up <3 we should be so lucky!

• Advertisement

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    yea..i'd say the marketing mix could be for the abq , i don't know about raitios it was a long question last year so maybe not , and franchaise was in the mocks so possibly

I haven't studied business at all yet so I haven't a clue! Is anything in particular tipped to come up? My teacher is useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I haven't studied business at all yet so I haven't a clue! Is anything in particular tipped to come up? My teacher is useless!

If you cover the core marketing chapters and the management chapters that covers you for usually 2 questions , question 4 and 7 , then question 1 is always just on the first unit which is pretty small thats 3 long questions , the abq is most likely also bits of management , maybe eu , i am not saying leave anything out but at this stage focus on those and know them well! i think its better to do really well in a few questions then have bitty sections from random chapters and not know a full question

Thaaanks so much that was really helpful! :) I'm not too worried I got a C1 without study in the mocks so if I get that or higher I'd be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

guys i just want to make sure what theorems and constructions do we need to know for higher level maths - i know i should have them marked but im repeating at home - please and thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

I usually try not to look at predictions, but if Katanga doesn't come up on that history paper, I will cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

I usually try not to look at predictions, but if Katanga doesn't come up on that history paper, I will cry.

Race Relations is twice as likely imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Katanga is twice as hard as France with all the gamy names, I'd much prefer race relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

buyer95 wrote: »
    Katanga is twice as hard as France with all the gamy names, I'd much prefer race relations.

apart from the names katanga is easier to write about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Out of curiosity, how in the hell could you predict which one is coming up?? It's 50/50, or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

I sincerely hope that people don't rely on these predictions?
    Sure, it is good to know what topics would be good to focus on but you best study all of it.
    Predictions go wrong, that goes with out saying! Look at all the stories about how badly it can turn out? that will be one of you! do you want it to be you?
    My advice is to take the predictions with a smile and hope they come up, but at the very least skim over everything.
    Put yourself in the paper-setter's shoes. would you follow trends? haha. as if! I think we can underestimate the exam board- they most certainly are aware of those who predict. Naturally, they won't be too happy putting something on that keeps appearing, but they may! and that is what matters.

The very, very best of luck with these final two weeks of study.
    I know that for me, this is where it will be one or lost.
    Always remember when we shoot for the moon, we land on the stars!

Advertisement