Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

They don't HAVE to. Also, there's always a question from each section if you get me. For example: Lenin/Stalin will always come up in one form or the other. Again, this has just always happened! For dictatorship and democracy I'm personally leaving out Britain and France because I find them extremely boring, but I know Russia, Italy and Germany really well. A question on propaganda or terror would be soo good because it's so broad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Study soil,gentic,a crop and a cows and sheep its similar every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

The ag.science paper is hard enough to predict and you shouldn't go by predictions, but question is soil and usually a soil experiment, question 4 are experriments and question 7 is genetics. start perhaps with this and then do everything else :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I agree; making predictions is pointless and since the course has no set syllabus this toughens predicting even more. Some topics do however repeat themselves an awful lot so I'd say you'd be sorted by studying a crop, the animals, and even grassland comes up quite a lot. I'd also advise learning most of the experiments from Rapid Revision; the marks here are so easy to get as you literally only need about 4 points, a result, a conclusion and you also have a great choice in the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

For Geoecology I was tipped Characteristics of a biome and Formation of Soils :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

anybody have any ordinary level economics predictions?? please and thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

My cousin thinks that Brown Earth Soils might appear.
    She would like to know if you will get away with not learning the biome?

Bridge93 wrote: »
    My cousin thinks that Brown Earth Soils might appear.
    She would like to know if you will get away with not learning the biome?

Theres usually a trend, since there was 2 soil,1 biome questions last year, there should be 2 biome,1 soil question this year. She would want to know her soils seriously well if she was just learning soils :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

is there anyone else on here who is only starting to study ...I am a bit worried but all i never opened a book for the junior cert and got 7As and 3 BS ...also i think that bullying is to sensitive of a topic to come up on any paper

• Registered Users Posts: 6 exkatt

Human geography predictions anyone? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

TALKER92 wrote: »
    is there anyone else on here who is only starting to study ...I am a bit worried but all i never opened a book for the junior cert and got 7As and 3 BS ...also i think that bullying is to sensitive of a topic to come up on any paper

Yep. I'm pretty much screwed. Like you, in the Junior Cert, I never studied, rarely did homework and I was absent a lot, but I got 8As and 3 Bs. Unfortunately, I don't think the Leaving Cert will be as easy, and I'm panicking now. Luckily I want to do arts, so the points aren't too high. Hopefully I won't have to repeat, I don't think I could spend another year in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TheChosenOne

In chemistry, I have a feeling they're going to make the organic question tough. I've created a separate thread about it, where I picked the corners of the syllabus which are not commonly asked - I think it might help to check it out because we came up with some good answers and explanations for each of those obscure statements on the syllabus. Here's the link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056956835

Also, feel free to add more stuff like the Aufbau principle, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

you're all freaking me out

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

You are obviously intelligent if you did that well in your Junior Cert I feel like I'm screwed I have done 3 days of study this week and its the first bit of study I have done this year haha wooooops.. And I need 430 point :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

God, I'm so ****ed for Maths paper 1!! I used to be so good at maths! Guess that A in JC stands for nothing in the LC....

exkatt wrote: »
    Human geography predictions anyone? Thanks

The usual, 20 marker on a Sketch map or Graph,
    urban problems,Central place theory or Urban land use,Migration patterns, Urban Functions, historic settlement.

Its nearly the same every year just phrased differently and put into different orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Michbax

HL Home economics section B Q1 and Q2?, lipids?? :/ , and thye elective 3 social part what do ye reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

God, I'm so ****ed for Maths paper 1!! I used to be so good at maths! Guess that A in JC stands for nothing in the LC....

Hey buddy.The rigged marking scheme will boost you up to at least a b1.. i know you're smart .could hope for something better even :o xx

What should i learn in macbeth.I know a fair amount of quotes.Just not up to scratch.Havnt spent a lot of time studying english

amicus wrote: »
    Hey buddy.The rigged marking scheme will boost you up to at least a b1.. i know you're smart .could hope for something better even :o xx

Ah thanks! that actually made me feel a lot better! xx :)

• Advertisement

amicus wrote: »
    What should i learn in macbeth.I know a fair amount of quotes.Just not up to scratch.Havnt spent a lot of time studying english

Kingship
    Banquo
    The Macbeths
    Evil and the witches.

With all of that, you should be able to handle any question! ;)

a whole essay on banquo would be difficult?

I would have thought so too. apparently, it came up in that 2010 leaked paper. and is thus likely this year.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056952225&page=2
    Better safe than sorry. but even if you were to omit that, you could still do really well!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

Anyone know any home economic Housing elective predictions? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Banquo notes anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So what do you think will come up , I'm hoping for Katanga , nazi propaganda , treaty negoations and ni welfare state .
    Also I didn't cover British withdrawal and I know others didn't either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Pretty much exactly what you mentioned there. Will be covering Lenin/Stalin, Fianna Fail Ireland and the Apprentice Boys as backup to each section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I'm praying that it will. Every single essay I've written this year is linked somehow to bullying (and technology and depression), don't I sound like a bundle of joy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

andrew369 wrote: »
    Pretty much exactly what you mentioned there. Will be covering Lenin/Stalin, Fianna Fail Ireland and the Apprentice Boys as backup to each section.

Did apprentice boys not come up last year ?? My backups are nearly the same . Did you study India ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I wouldn't bother with India, it came up last year and don't forget the document case study is a 2 year period so it makes no sense to have India on the paper this year. I would cover and Katanga and France just to be on the safe side.

From what you have mentioned those are very likely questions to come up and for Northern Ireland I expect the Welfare State, Sunningdale Agreement and the Apprentice Boys (maybe with Coleraine University in the same question)

Advertisement