Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Definitely think technology of warfare will come up in the european section along with hitlers establishment of a totalitarian state (hasn't been up since 2005) or nazi propaganda. not studying it but the cultural identity question could also come up in the irish section along with the treaty negotiations. hopefully it will be how did the treaty negotiations lead to civil war

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Amycork

HL Geography predictions PLEASE??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarah1234567

Hey Guys. People keep asking about HL home ec/ elective.
    Im betting on Poverty, Work, Unemployment,

Characteristics of a Biome.
    Id know your rock types very well and volcanic activity, coastal erosiom/deopsition.
    Know urban problems, central place theory, urban land use, migration, EU influences.

HL ART HISTORY ANYONE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Kingkumar

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with India, it came up last year and don't forget the document case study is a 2 year period so it makes no sense to have India on the paper this year. I would cover and Katanga and France just to be on the safe side.

From what you have mentioned those are very likely questions to come up and for Northern Ireland I expect the Welfare State, Sunningdale Agreement and the Apprentice Boys (maybe with Coleraine University in the same question)

see thats exactly why they might throw india on the paper again. theres no reason they can't do it. Its going to happen one year...

personally im hoping for katanga for document and i hope that russia or hitlers foreign policy comes up. for topic 3 i hope anglo irish treaty come up and hopefully something about trade unions or strike/lockout will come up

Literary genre or cultural context for english?? HL

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Seaic

Which combinations of these modes are YOU predicting:
    -Cultural Context
    -Literary Genre
    -Theme or Issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Judging from what came up on the mocks, Sunningdale, Russias economic policies, Katanga/france, and the Anglo Irish Treaty is looking like they will come up. But cover some other topics in case

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

don't think lenin or stalin will come up at all. if you look at the pattern they have stalin/lenin have always been up two years then a break two years then a break etc. Last year they came up for the third time in a row to stop the predictability. Can't see them coming up again, but thats only my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Kingkumar wrote: »
    see thats exactly why they might throw india on the paper again. theres no reason they can't do it. Its going to happen one year...

personally im hoping for katanga for document and i hope that russia or hitlers foreign policy comes up. for topic 3 i hope anglo irish treaty come up and hopefully something about trade unions or strike/lockout will come up
    Unless they want to be really mean then I doubt they even do it. If it did happen there would be uproar and I don't think SEC would appreciate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

LG came up last year so i really dont see it coming up again this year the other two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

After a brief look through the past papers, although I hate predictions because they make me edgy, I "think" I am 90
    % sure that Plath is going to come up. First of all, I heard rumors that the Paper 2 last year was actually changed soon before the exam after the death of Adrienne Rich. Apparently, Rich replaced Plath. Also, this February was Plath's 50th Anniversary since she passed away. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a sixth-sense mystery man, but I reckon the SEC have to put Plath in unless they completely love to throw students off. Anyways, I thought I'd share my prediction but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT JUST RELY ON PLATH. Make sure you at least have another poet or two looked over as well. I don't want angry Leaving Cert bateing the living crap out of me on the 6th of June if she doesn't appear on the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Not trying to beat a dead horse here but don't rely on one or even two poets - regardless of predictions. I think three is the minimum you should be able to answer on decently. Speaking from experience after watching people crying and breaking down last year when Plath and Heaney did not appear. I was stupid enough to only learn one poet - Larkin, but thankfully I got away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RoisinMD

after missing two months of school (due to being in hospital) I feel I am beyond screwed, any OL physics predictions. and whats everyones feeling for the pros and poetry on OL irish??
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

^ I know the feels...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Seriously don't try predict the poets that'll come up.. For your own sakes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Any ideas for Home Economics or French essays?

I'm really really behind with French essays!

Also, thinking Lipids is a guarantee for Home Economics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DannyD95

would i be safe enough doing plath and mahon? and how much quoting is expected for the comparitive studies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

DannyD95 wrote: »
    would i be safe enough doing plath and mahon? and how much quoting is expected for the comparitive studies?

Look, poetry is up to you. 5 is safe, anything less is a risk. Personally I'm doing 3- Plath, Bishop, Mahon and briefly looking over Rich.
    As for the comparative, very, very little, if any! Just key moments! obvioulsy some quotes will add to your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

DannyD95 wrote: »
    would i be safe enough doing plath and mahon?

Why the hell are you asking this question? You know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

What are your teachers saying to concentrate on for biology? I'm an external candidate just wondering what's tipped to come up for this year, thanks

lc_2013 wrote: »
    What are your teachers saying to concentrate on for biology? I'm an external candidate just wondering what's tipped to come up for this year, thanks

I'm sure you're aware that unit 1 and unit 2 and all of the experiments are worth 80%!!!!!!! therefore all of these.
    Hints for unit 3;
    Circulatory
    human/plant reproduction
    nervous system
    monera/protista/fungi
    senses
    excretion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I'm sure you're aware that unit 1 and unit 2 and all of the experiments are worth 80%!!!!!!! therefore all of these.
    Hints for unit 3;
    Circulatory
    human/plant reproduction
    nervous system
    monera/protista/fungi
    senses
    excretion

I don't think the nervous system because that was a long question last year and i don't really see senses coming up but the rest yes

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I don't think the nervous system because that was a long question last year and i don't really see senses coming up but the rest yes

Well nervous system is very very important/common chapter. more than likely will appear somewhere. And the eye, i feel, is likely

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

What do we think the chances of vegetative propagation popping up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

The main experiments my teacher has predicted are the IAA one, leaf yeast, and the germination of a seed. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

lc_2013 wrote: »
    What do we think the chances of vegetative propagation popping up?

It has just as much of a chance as any other plant chapter

ray2012 wrote: »
    The main experiments my teacher has predicted are the IAA one, leaf yeast, and the germination of a seed. :P

Wow, all plants. Perhaps a mixture q of the 3? Enzymes will surely make their usual appearance.

• Advertisement

Geography and german predictions HL?

Advertisement