Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Hopefully there will be a full equilibrium question in chemistry. Rates are likely to appear somewhere but hopefully only in the options! :D
    I'm actually not doing so bad for chemistry.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hopefully there will be a full equilibrium question in chemistry. Rates are likely to appear somewhere but hopefully only in the options! :D
    I'm actually not doing so bad for chemistry.....

for the Experiments my teacher reckons ,

The Ammonium Iron 2 sulfate
    Dissolved oxygen
    Rates of reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roxyos

Any predictions for long questions in HL Business??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

Hey could anybody in history help me? :) Im sort of playing the game with it a bit...

For dictatorship and democracy i have:
    1) social and economy in britain/germany interwar years
    2)propaganda
    3)stalin & show trials
    4) church state relations mussolini amd hitler
    5) mussolini

For Northern Ireland:
    1) Welfare State
    2) apprentice boys and colraine
    3) and sunning dale maybe?

and for pursuit of sovereignty/partition
    1) Anglo irish treaty leading to civil war
    2) ireland north and south ww2
    3) and i dont know what else!

could someone help me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

I'm learning technology of warfare as well! And for the Irish one Ive a feeling about the economic policies of fianna fail and cumann na gaedheal. I think you've sort of got everything covered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Gr8loolz wrote: »
    Hey could anybody in history help me? :) Im sort of playing the game with it a bit...

2)propaganda
    3)stalin & show trials
    5) mussolini

For Northern Ireland:
    1) Welfare State
    2) apprentice boys and colraine
    3) and sunning dale maybe?

In Sovereignty and Partition, I'm covering:
    1) Anglo-Irish Treaty (from picking the delegates to start of Civil War)
    2) Language, education and religion (have a feeling about this one. They like to add in the Eucharistic Congress, but that came up last year, but it could be included in this essay so it could come up.)
    3) The effect of WW2 on North and South (hasn't come up in a while and it's a case study)

Northern Ireland:
    (haven't done much work on this yet but I have prepared essays on Sunningdale, Apprentice Boys, and O'Neill as a key personality)

*Of course I'm looking over more but I can't think of the rest of the topics :/ *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Gr8loolz wrote: »

2)propaganda
    3)stalin & show trials
    5) mussolini

Economy of between 1920 and 1939 (Cumnann na Gael and Fianna Fail)
    Don't bother with tech of warfare...it's very difficult to do well in that particular essay unless your hitting about 6-7 pages of fact. That's what our teacher told us at least.

Could anyone tell me what would your paragraphs be for the economy of Britain essay - you'd get one out of the Jarrow March? What else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Murphy95

Any tips for HL Irish? Preferably aiste or An Triail questions?

The technology of warfare one is actually pretty easy, I'm the only one in my class who did it and got an A. 6-7 pages is always way too much. I've never written more than five and I always get A's!

For the Irish aiste I'm doing tourism/the gathering, irish language, health system, and social problems in general. hoping it'll be enough!! For an triail I'm a bit lost, I think once you know the characters and society at the time you're sorted. Dreading studying Irish havent even started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Orla26594

Any prediction for HL Irish or HL Biology?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I've a feeling they're going to do something mental in English for the poetry, like put Rich in again or no have any woman, especially as English is the big subject where people try predict, which dearest Ruari Quinn has declared war on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Biology: IAA experiment, viruses, protein synthesis, maybe a full question on DNA, the eye, enzymes experiments, and of course, ecology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I've a feeling they're going to do something mental in English for the poetry, like put Rich in again or no have any woman, especially as English is the big subject where people try predict, which dearest Ruari Quinn has declared war on!

My English teacher apparently heard that there are rumours that no female poet may appear on the paper! :eek:

It is hard to believe they would break the 3 female,2 Irish tradition but I say they are trying to throw a spanner in the works alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

Surely they would have to put on a female poet, there would be uproar if they didn't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Surely they would have to put on a female poet, there would be uproar if they didn't...

That was my immediate reaction, but when I thought about it them sneaky department lads could just go for the jugular. Also,I am pretty sure there is nothing on the syllabus which says they have to put on 3 female...So I dunno :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Orla26594

Any predictions for Irish HL and Biology HL??:)

David1994 wrote: »
    That was my immediate reaction, but when I thought about it them sneaky department lads could just go for the jugular. Also,I am pretty sure there is nothing on the syllabus which says they have to put on 3 female...So I dunno :P

haha true... I'll cry if Bishop or Plath don't come up </3 It's Plath's 50th anniversary of her death this year though so... hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CharlezM93

Any comparative sample essays for cultural context and theme or issue? A big problemo occurred and I'm a man in trouble. Pints on results night on me for whoever can help me out.

CharlezM93 wrote: »
    Any comparative sample essays for cultural context and theme or issue? A big problemo occurred and I'm a man in trouble. Pints on results night on me for whoever can help me out.

what are your three texts? I could e-mail you notes on Sive, Brooklyn and As You Like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

I've been studying Art History and I was wondering if their are any renaissance artists who are likely to come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

i see literary genre coming up again for english cause cultural context and theme/issue are both on again for 2014....hope im wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

kev44 wrote: »
    i see literary genre coming up again for english cause cultural context and theme/issue are both on again for 2014....hope im wrong

Well at least we have comfort in the fact that at least one of cultural context or theme/issue has to come up considering there's only them two and literary genre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

But that's the point, Ruari Quinn doesn't want predictable exams, if a woman doesn't come up and people complain the SEC can just wag their fingers and say ye should've been studying 5 poets anyway! I'm doing all 3 classical poets (Shakespeare, Hopkins and Wordsworth) and I also am doing Bishop and Mahon, who are my preferred poets, and the classical ones are backups!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerriew12

So Biology- food molecules and ecology/scientific method come up in section A every year!
    also there are 2 Qs in section A from each unit and in section C there's 1Q from unit 1, 2Qs from unit 2 and 3Qs from unit 3.....ant the part C in long Qs is usually bout the contemporary issue! hope this helps!
    Does anyone have ny predictions for Business HL....Ive heard breakeven chart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

This is my total English plan:
    MacBeth
    Reaction to evil
    Banquo
    Macbeth V Lady MacBeth
    Kingship

Poetry
    (6 poem each)
    Mahon
    Plath
    Shakespeare
    Wordsworth
    Hopkins

Comparitive
    (WH, Tess of the D'ubervilles and Casablanca)
    Theme or Issue - Theme of Love
    Cultural Context

Any more suggestions for MacBeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Need a good cry

Need to die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

haha i feel stupid for english all am doing is 1 poet (worthworth) 1 comparative (Culture context) and for macbeth deception/evil & super natural/Kingship with other 7 subject in my hand all im looking for is a pass hopefully this will pass me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

ahmdoda wrote: »
    haha i feel stupid for english all am doing is 1 poet (worthworth) 1 comparative (Culture context) and for macbeth deception/evil & super natural/Kingship with other 7 subject in my hand all im looking for is a pass hopefully this will pass me

I'm sorry but doing just one poet is seriously increasing your chances of failing , only one comparative is also very risky

Advertisement