Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Stop using the word silly. It's silly and condescending...

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Stop using the word silly. It's silly and condescending...

I wasn't talking to you, I was actually helping him/her in a joking way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

matTNT wrote: »
    I wasn't talking to you, I was actually helping him/her in a joking way.

If I can see it, then it becomes my business. This is a public forum, If you're only speaking to one person, use PM facility.
    And they agreed that you were condescending....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

He called me a "silly billy" yesterday. :(

Okay things are getting a little too heated for my liking.. Im sure it was only a joke. People are way too sensitive. Yes I agreed but I'm not going to cry jeez!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Grinds school I go to for geography tipped waterfalls, igneous rocks, isostasy and ox bow lakes, idk though it seems like a lot of fluvial! I can see a formation of a rock question definitely making an appearance anyway

Grinds school also said for irish essays, the gathering, education, Irish language and general problems in society for backup

Art history, gut instinct says Le Brocquy for Irish art and Van Eyck for European. Hoping for it anyway...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    Grinds school I go to for geography tipped waterfalls, igneous rocks, isostasy and ox bow lakes, idk though it seems like a lot of fluvial! I can see a formation of a rock question definitely making an appearance anyway

Grinds school also said for irish essays, the gathering, education, Irish language and general problems in society for backup

Art history, gut instinct says Le Brocquy for Irish art and Van Eyck for European. Hoping for it anyway...:)

Out of interest, why do you think Van Eyck is going to come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

this time next week ill be an emotional wreck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Out of interest, why do you think Van Eyck is going to come up?

he hasn't been on the paper since...06 I think? It's been a while anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Holy **** do we go to the same grind school? The one in limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Okay things are getting a little too heated for my liking.. Im sure it was only a joke. People are way too sensitive. Yes I agreed but I'm not going to cry jeez!

NAh Im not actually sensitive. It's just this conflict goes back a little further Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

matTNT wrote: »
    lol don't say silly things, he'll be looking for your head on a stick given your reassurance. You still have time to do the bare minimum. Do it.

Yeah I was reassuring someone who's just looking to pass, don't see anything wrong with that. It's unlikely that someone could fail English anyway, I answered no Part B and no Comparative for my mock and I passed. Obv try cover everything but yanno, it's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

It's very difficult to fail english, you'd have to write hardly anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Thanks for the predictions..i seen other people have these predictions too so hopefully!! anything on regional or the environmental elective??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 _JustGav

I haven't learned any Irish history yet, have Europe almost covered completely, Northern Ireland is about 25% covered, now I just need to get some start on the republic essays.. predictions?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Amycork

HL Geography predictions please????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm also fairly unprepared for Physical section and the Economic elective in Geography. I have learned:
    Physical:
    - Human interaction with rock cycle
    - Karst region(inside out)
    - Formation of beaches
    - Distribution of volcanoes
    - Metamorphic and Igneous rock formation.

Economic:
    - Colonisation
    - Industrial decline
    - MNC
    - Economical & Environmental impact of fossil fuels
    - Impact of EU policy- CAP/CFP
    - Sustainable development.

Am I covered for these sections or am I leaving out something essential?

Anyone find it hard to study for Business? I study from my book then when I look at my revise wise to re-cap the points are different from what I learned in the Business book. I'm actually going by two books; Global Business & 21st Century Business, and even the two books have different points made. It's really confusing me, don't know whether to add more points on or if they're unnecessary. The course itself isn't hard, it's more answering the questions that confuses me I never know what is enough to say. Can anyone give me a structure/tips on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I'm thinking the Anglo Irish treaty for a start anyway! came up on the mocks, maybe Fianna Fail v CnaG, and ireland during ww2 including the belfast blitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Anyone find it hard to study for Business? I study from my book then when I look at my revise wise to re-cap the points are different from what I learned in the Business book. I'm actually going by two books; Global Business & 21st Century Business, and even the two books have different points made. It's really confusing me, don't know whether to add more points on or if they're unnecessary. The course itself isn't hard, it's more answering the questions that confuses me I never know what is enough to say. Can anyone give me a structure/tips on this?

5 marks for every point you make it must be stated explained and an example gave. (20) 4-5 Points depending on marking scheme.
    Try practising exam questions instead to study, Then look at the marking scheme after to make sure you did it right. I found it way better that learning the actual book, But Learn the ABQ Sections like the back of your hand. You have the ABQ and depending on the structure of the paper Q2,Q3,Q5,Q6 Questions from this section (5,6,7)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hazardous Garden Of Eden

Do you think I'd be safe doing this for History:

DICTATORSHIP AND DEMOCRACY
    -Russia (Rise of Lenin, Stalin's domestic and foreign policies)
    -Italy (Rise of Mussolini, his domestic and foreign policies)
    -Rise of Fascist regimes in Europe during inter-war period
    -Economic and Social problems in Germany, 1919-39
    -Dictators' use of propaganda

PURSUIT OF SOVEREIGNTY
    -Cumann na nGaedhal government '20s (Relations with UK, economic policies, law and order)
    -Fianna Fail government '30s (same headings)
    -Maintaining neutrality during the Emergency

DOCUMENT THING
    -Congo & France (leaving India out)

NORTHERN IRELAND BOOK
    -Sunningdale / Anglo-Irish Agreements
    -Coleraine University Crisis
    -Ian Paisley bio

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    5 marks for every point you make it must be stated explained and an example gave. (20) 4-5 Points depending on marking scheme.
    Try practising exam questions instead to study, Then look at the marking scheme after to make sure you did it right. I found it way better that learning the actual book, But Learn the ABQ Sections like the back of your hand. You have the ABQ and depending on the structure of the paper Q2,Q3,Q5,Q6 Questions from this section (5,6,7)

Thank you I'll do that. Can examples be short like as in a sentence or must you explain in detail why it relates?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Amycork

Thanks :) Our teacher thinks globalisation will come up because Colinisation came up last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Hi just making sure , in relation to geography. For Q10-12 (patterns and processes in the human environment ) when they ask about the functions of a town , does that look for the RICEPOTS? Residential land use, industrial land use, transport land use etc? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Who is this Eoin Jackson guy??? Supposedly he predicts the Leaving Cert every year??? He has a good few subjects up on his page for 2013 "except" the only one I'm lookng for "Gaeilge!!"

Ive never heard of him but I looked him up and can't find anything for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

for irish aiste i have these headings prepared:
    Ciniochas
    Imirce
    Slan leis an Tiogar Ceilteach
    Coras Oideachais
    and An Ghaeilge
    i think ill be ok anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Who is this Eoin Jackson guy??? Supposedly he predicts the Leaving Cert every year??? He has a good few subjects up on his page for 2013 "except" the only one I'm lookng for "Gaeilge!!"

Can you post the link to his page please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Does anyone have any home. Ec predictions other than fats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Fitzlad

Does anyone have predictions for the biology?

Advertisement