Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Fitzlad wrote: »
    Does anyone have predictions for the biology?

HL : Ecology, Genetics (Protein synthesis, DNA, Genetic engineering (applications), Heart and circulatory systems, Plant/Human reproduction, Senses (eye + ear)

Experiments : IAA experiment, The growth of leaf yeast on malt agar, The one on the factors necessary for a germinating seed, an enzyme one, or else the production of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Anyone have any tips on what they think ill come in geography? Specifically patterns and processes? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Community Development question for Business please God!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Has anyone ever done a personal English essay on an ambush or something history related? Need a few pointers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Sarahke wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done a personal English essay on an ambush or something history related? Need a few pointers

What do you mean by Ambush? The key with personal essays is that you do two things: relate them to your life and you and ANSWER the QUESTION! That's the mistake many make.

Also have a number of different points you intend to make, and subtlety set them out in your intro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Holy **** do we go to the same grind school? The one in limerick?

tutooooorial <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    peekachoo wrote: »
    Grinds school I go to for geography tipped waterfalls, igneous rocks, isostasy and ox bow lakes, idk though it seems like a lot of fluvial! I can see a formation of a rock question definitely making an appearance anyway

Thanks for the predictions..i seen other people have these predictions too so hopefully!! anything on regional or the environmental elective??:eek:

regional can never really be predicted it's schizophrenic!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

matTNT wrote: »
    This is my total English plan:
    MacBeth
    Reaction to evil
    Banquo
    Macbeth V Lady MacBeth
    Kingship

Poetry
    (6 poem each)
    Mahon
    Plath
    Shakespeare
    Wordsworth
    Hopkins

Comparitive
    (WH, Tess of the D'ubervilles and Casablanca)
    Theme or Issue - Theme of Love
    Cultural Context

Any more suggestions for MacBeth?

maybe language and imagery,
    or evil and supernatural
    or deception
    or role of women

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

For music, Barry's tipped to come up as question 1, and I will actually scream if the harping tradition doesn't come up in the Irish question.

guys to be honest like i heard that 41% failed the leaving cert last year - so like if lets say those 41% along with people like me who didnt fail repeat - they would have to make the three core subjects - irish english and maths easier than last year including english (because of plath and heaney last year) and for people risking taking the higher level paper for the 25 extra points, hence those are probably the main reason why a lot failed last year - so basically my point is that i dont think they would want to keep a high percentage of people failing this year - right?...

• Advertisement

i wonder what does that youtube predictor guy thinks about whats gonna come up :P

study13 wrote: »
    maybe language and imagery,
    or evil and supernatural
    or deception
    or role of women

Or Macduff??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Or Macduff??
    nah

Would a question on Private & Public Limited Company's be a hot topic for Business? I'm hoping to skip past it??

economics ordinary level predictions pleaseeeee and thank you :)

Hopefully, are any business q's guaranteed/heavily reliable to come up in section 3?

Hopefully, are any business q's guaranteed/heavily reliable to come up in section 3?

I have no idea.. Units 5 6 7 were last examined for ABQ in 2008 so I wonder will the questions that came up then for the ABQ not come up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxpep

Help Help HELP!!!! so worried about HISTORY!!
    All i know for Northern Ireland is Welfare state and coleraine! will i be safe with this??
    And technology of warfare??
    Anglo Irish treaty negotiations??
    Please help in tears!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hazardous Garden Of Eden

maxpep wrote: »
    Help Help HELP!!!! so worried about HISTORY!!
    All i know for Northern Ireland is Welfare state and coleraine! will i be safe with this??
    And technology of warfare??
    Anglo Irish treaty negotiations??
    Please help in tears!!! :(

I would learn the Sunningdale / Anglo Irish Agreement backgrounds and effects as well. But that should be enough for the North.

This is what I'm learning:

DICTATORSHIP AND DEMOCRACY
    -Russia (Rise of Lenin, Stalin's domestic and foreign policies)
    -Italy (Rise of Mussolini, his domestic and foreign policies)
    -Rise of Fascist regimes in Europe during inter-war period
    -Economic and Social problems in Germany, 1919-39
    -Dictators' use of propaganda

PURSUIT OF SOVEREIGNTY
    -Cumann na nGaedhal government '20s (Relations with UK, economic policies, law and order)
    -Fianna Fail government '30s (same headings)
    -Maintaining neutrality during the Emergency

DOCUMENT THING
    -Congo & France (leaving India out)

NORTHERN IRELAND BOOK
    -Sunningdale / Anglo-Irish Agreements
    -Coleraine University Crisis
    -Ian Paisley bio

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

ANYONE..anyone at all with home ec predictions!!! please!!! :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TheChosenOne

For English poetry:

If you study 4 poets, the chances of NONE of them coming up are VERY slim. To be precise, 1/70, which is 1.4% :/

And if you study 3, the chances that NONE come up are 1/14, which is 7.1%.

I'm not saying at all that you shouldn't study 5. I'm just adding a bit of maths into the discussion.

Cheers.

EDIT: Assuming they're picked randomly, as the Department claims.

For English poetry:

If you study 4 poets, the chances of NONE of them coming up are VERY slim. To be precise, 1/70, which is 1.4% :/

I'm not saying at all that you shouldn't study 5. I'm just adding a bit of maths into the discussion.

Cheers.

One could certainly argue that these odds are flawed by factors such as when shakespeare last came up, rich dying etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

For English poetry:

Cheers.

I didn't realise they claim to randomly pick them? :O

One could certainly argue that these odds are flawed by factors such as when shakespeare last came up, rich dying etc. etc.

Yes but she/he is on about if they are randomly picked :)

Yes but she/he is on about if they are randomly picked :)

Only just noticed. Do they actually claim that? Out of a hat like? If so, then they are hardly lying.

Only just noticed. Do they actually claim that? Out of a hat like? If so, then they are hardly lying.

Never heard it before!
    If that were the case though, why are people always going on about there having to be a woman! That's BS tbh. Why must there be a woman? It's not sexist at all. Like aren't they publishing Bronte WH and other comprehensions written by women?
    I think people are getting a bit naive....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Ok everyone seems to say something about Nazi propaganda can anyone post me an outline plan for that essay! would be really great full! Finding it really hard to put an essay plan on it together :/ HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Any predictions for hl irish for the pros, poems, and the danta breise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Ok everyone seems to say something about Nazi propaganda can anyone post me an outline plan for that essay! would be really great full! Finding it really hard to put an essay plan on it together :/ HELP

1 Cult of Hitler
    2 Joesph Goebbels as minster for Propaganda and public enlightenment.
    3 Education and Police State
    4 Film/Leni Riefenzhal
    5 Nuremberg Rallies

Could someone give me something similar for an essay in this section of the course, bar tech of warfare. Something on the British Economy or characteristics of fascism.

• Advertisement

Any predictions for hl irish for the pros, poems, and the danta breise

It's way too hard to even try to predict them. Don't bother. I think they could even put on last years again to be sly.

Advertisement