Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

It's way too hard to even try to predict them. Don't bother. I think they could even put on last years again to be sly.

way too much work in them for a measly percentage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

peekachoo wrote: »
    way too much work in them for a measly percentage!

exactly! depends on whether your counting it or not though.. which i'm not haha

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Could someone please post a link for where this Eoin Jackson guy has made his predictions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TheChosenOne

Only just noticed. Do they actually claim that? Out of a hat like? If so, then they are hardly lying.

Our teacher spoke to someone from the department, and was told that they're literally picking them out of the hat. But no one believed him in our class, as you were saying, there's always a woman / an Irish poet, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

I will post up the link for Eoin Jackson in morning.. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is it the YouTube channel called LeavingCertificate

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Can't wait to get drunk been too long

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K695

CharlezM93 wrote: »
    Any comparative sample essays for cultural context and theme or issue? A big problemo occurred and I'm a man in trouble. Pints on results night on me for whoever can help me out.

I have a theme and issues essay done on exploitation in never let me go, macbeth and the constant gardener, i got an A2 in the pre, your welcome to it if you want it i can email it to you

Has Eoin Jackson made his predictions yet? I haven't heard a thing about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Study week in school this week and everyone is doing Plath and Mahon. I have a feeling Hopkins may come up, he hasn't been up since 04. I have Hopkins and Plath learned, tomorrow ill do Mahon, and I'll prob give a run over Bishop the night before. For geography isostacy is widely tipped as is waterfalls and globalisation or colonisation. I went to a grinds school revision course and the teacher there said she heard that no biome will appear on the paper this year... Scared the fcuck out of me because soils are so detailed and harder to learn.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Study week in school this week and everyone is doing Plath and Mahon. I have a feeling Hopkins may come up, he hasn't been up since 04. I have Hopkins and Plath learned, tomorrow ill do Mahon, and I'll prob give a run over Bishop the night before. For geography isostacy is widely tipped as is waterfalls and globalisation or colonisation. I went to a grinds school revision course and the teacher there said she heard that no biome will appear on the paper this year... Scared the fcuck out of me because soils are so detailed and harder to learn.

No biome?! That would throw a lot of the Geography candidates off completely. Hopefully, that doesn't happen..

I heard no biomes too!
    Learned a soil composition and characteristics essay today but I barely scraped 3 pages out of it and I put in everything :(

peekachoo wrote: »
    I heard no biomes too!
    Learned a soil composition and characteristics essay today but I barely scraped 3 pages out of it and I put in everything :(

If you have the SRPs, length shouldn't matter surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

No biome?! That would throw a lot of the Geography candidates off completely. Hopefully, that doesn't happen..

Apparently the SEC have realised that people are just leaving out soils and just studying the biomes really well... It's nowhere in the syllabus that a biome must come up, I don't know it could be all talk.. But in the first day of the revision course she said that whatever we do know soils because she heard many other teachers say that the sec had copped on to students leaving out massive parts of the course.

Apparently the SEC have realised that people are just leaving out soils and just studying the biomes really well... It's nowhere in the syllabus that a biome must come up, I don't know it could be all talk.. But in the first day of the revision course she said that whatever we do know soils because she heard many other teachers say that the sec had copped on to students leaving out massive parts of the course.

I can understand that but don't leave biomes off completely, just don't put "Characteristics of a biome" on every year! But then if they do that people are just going to leave out the biome and study just soils and it will happen again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

user.name wrote: »
    I'm thinking the Anglo Irish treaty for a start anyway! came up on the mocks, maybe Fianna Fail v CnaG, and ireland during ww2 including the belfast blitz

I wouldn't count on the mocks for something to come up. They are unrelated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on the mocks for something to come up. They are unrelated.

Not for certain subjects, the mocks are fairly accurate. They make their money by selling mock papers and they know that if teachers know they are making decent predictions they'll pick their company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Oh damn our teacher didn't even give us a word on soils, only did the desert biome :/ . If it is all soils that is 80 marks gone instantly, don't have enough time to learn a completely new topic on top of revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

andrew369 wrote: »
    Oh damn our teacher didn't even give us a word on soils, only did the desert biome :/ . If it is all soils that is 80 marks gone instantly, don't have enough time to learn a completely new topic on top of revision.
    Theres ALWAYS going to be a biome..much easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Theres ALWAYS going to be a biome..much easier!

I bloody hope so. If there isn't and the nay sayers are correct may they be condemned to spend their lives living next to a commune of insomniac anarchists.

• Advertisement

OMG. nooooway am I learning soils...goodbye 80 marks soo...

Soils isn't that hard though!

Like if you get characteristics & composition its basically just saying what's in soil and why!
    Eg brown earth soils:
    Made up of 25% water, comes from rainfall in a cool temperate climate
    25% air from animals burrowing and plant roots...etc and expand on them!

Then characteristics you rave on about why brown earth soils are brown, explain humus, soil ph etc
    Its actually easy enough and I'll probably do it instead of biome if biome does come up :P

Does anyone notice how a developed economy and the MNC's never are in the same q for the environmental q:(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Not looking forward to geography at all. Will be a lot of making up crap and use of common sense that I have on the day sadly.

I have only learned the biome, it better come up ! my teacher corrects, or used to correct the geography papers so she would have a good knowledge of the course and never mentioned that there was word that there will only be soils .

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

chemistry HL Q1 and Q2??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

Our teacher spoke to someone from the department, and was told that they're literally picking them out of the hat. But no one believed him in our class, as you were saying, there's always a woman / an Irish poet, etc.

maybe they put all the female poets in one hat, all the irish poets in another hat and all the other poets in another hat :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

matTNT wrote: »
    Not for certain subjects, the mocks are fairly accurate. They make their money by selling mock papers and they know that if teachers know they are making decent predictions they'll pick their company.

Not true , what happens when they decide to change one year . People get caught every year with predictions. With the same things coming up year after year the sec are bound to through a curve ball at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

http://theleavingcert.com/the-xlc-project/

Here you go... don't get on to me if it's wrong.. I searched for Leaving cert predictions 2013 and this is what came up yesterday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    http://theleavingcert.com/the-xlc-project/

Here you go... don't get on to me if it's wrong.. I searched for Leaving cert predictions 2013 and this is what came up yesterday..

They're for 2010....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Not true , what happens when they decide to change one year . People get caught every year with predictions. With the same things coming up year after year the sec are bound to through a curve ball at some stage.

Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to say that you should rely on the predictions totally...but it would look silly if the SEC kept recycling the same material and never put something on the course so therefore I can make reasonable predictions and focus my study on that while still having the general knowledge to answer an alternative question. :)

This is the leaving cert, not a test of intelligence. Play the game :D

Advertisement